Local FIRST Lego League Robotics Tournament needs volunteers!

1,202 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jrhmc
jrhmc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I participated in FLL with my kids for 4 years and tournaments were a blast. We had to go to Austin or Houston for our tournament but now Aggieland will have its very own tournament! This is a great program and it's so fun to see these Jr. High and younger kids so excited about solving problems and learning engineering skills. Come help out if you can!
--------------------------------------------------------
B/CS FIRST:

We will be hosting the Howdy FLL Jr. expo and FLL Qualifier on Saturday, Jan. 14, 2017 at First Baptist Church in Bryan.
FLL Qualifier All day event (7:30 AM 5:30 PM)
FLL Jr. Expo 1 PM 4 PM [Tentative Will be in the PM]
We need 70+ volunteers to make this event possible. We need volunteers to help us from setup and parking till teardown. There are all possible kinds of volunteer opportunities available. We need all the help from the community to help us organize this first ever FIRST event in our own Bryan-College Station.
If you are available to volunteer, please sign up. We welcome companies and other organizations that would like to volunteer as a large group. (This will be a fun team-building exercise!)

fcag
techno-ag
FlyRod
BCS-Ag
Where can we find more info about participating in the league (in addition to volunteering)?
fcag
AG
The link above will help you sign up for volunteering.

To participate in FIRST LEGO League as a team, most teams started back in September. Unfortunately, registration with FIRST is closed for the current competition season. They will be opening a non-competition season in December, thought I don't really know much about that.

There may be some teams out there that could still use mentors. Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/BCS.FIRST/ to look for opportunities to help out a team as a mentor.

We can't wait for January 14. We all really hoped that we could get a local competition last year, and we weren't sure we could make it happen this year, but Central Texas FIRST gave us the green light to make it happen.
BCS-Ag
Bummer, would it be appropriate to bring my son &come watch, maybe finding more info about the next event?
SA Ag 91
AG
Not sure if you have enough volunteers signed up, but I'm wondering if you could contact the college of engineering. Maybe even get some graduate students involved. You'll want to do that soon before school lets out for the semester.
jrhmc
AG
SA Ag 91 said:

Not sure if you have enough volunteers signed up, but I'm wondering if you could contact the college of engineering. Maybe even get some graduate students involved. You'll want to do that soon before school lets out for the semester.
They are already involved. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
jrhmc
AG
BCS-Ag said:

Bummer, would it be appropriate to bring my son &come watch, maybe finding more info about the next event?
Absolutely! The robotics part of the competition usually allows spectators. The project and mechanical design part are only seen by the judges, though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.