Santa's Wonderland - Double turn lane to enter?!?

11,153 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by barbara314tx
jmazz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's barely dark and the line is ridiculous. Anyone know if they have a double turn lane to enter the parking lot or should I wait it out?
redd38
AG
satellite imagery seems to indicate just one lane, but I don't know for sure
jmazz
AG
Thanks. Waiting it out in the right hand lane. I'm thinking it'll have been 30-45 minutes from the bridge where the race track is to the parking lot...not there yet but can at least see the lights now.
Bunk Moreland
Is tonight opening night?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Is tonight opening night?
I don't think so. Drove by there on Saturday night around 8:30 pm and there was a long line to the entrance.
Bunk Moreland
Good gravy.

Those folks have a gold mine over there. Good for them.
ChampsAg
Opening night was weekend of the 12th.

Single lane to turn in.

We went last Thursday and it was perfect. Rode the hayride twice and the boys had a great time.

Refuse to go once Thanksgiving week is here.
Max06
AG
If you plan on going, go right at 5 p.m. or maybe closer to 4. I have no idea what time the gates open, but you want to be there when they do.
jmazz
AG
It wasn't bad once we got parked. The parking is kind of crazy. We waited in the line for 30-45 minutes only to be asked if we had a parking pass (either VIP or regular). We didn't so we were told to drive 3/4 a mile down and park on the feeder. So we ended up parking south of the venue and walking back up to it. Turns out we could've gotten in the left lane from the get go and gotten everything accomplished 45 minutes sooner. It'd be nice if they figured out a better way to handle the parking.
ChampsAg
$15 to park in the first lot and $20 to park right in front. What a racket...

Do they charge to park at the Museum and bus you over?
jja79
AG
Making America Great Again.

You parked in their lot. They charge for that. It's a for profit business.
redd38
AG
jmazz said:

It wasn't bad once we got parked. The parking is kind of crazy. We waited in the line for 30-45 minutes only to be asked if we had a parking pass (either VIP or regular). We didn't so we were told to drive 3/4 a mile down and park on the feeder. So we ended up parking south of the venue and walking back up to it. Turns out we could've gotten in the left lane from the get go and gotten everything accomplished 45 minutes sooner. It'd be nice if they figured out a better way to handle the parking.
Hypothetically, would you have paid $5 for that info?

Wondering if I can just walk up and down the feeder road selling parking tips to drivers for $5 so they can save 45 minutes.
jmazz
AG
Yes!
TexasAggie_02
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Good gravy.

Those folks have a gold mine over there. Good for them.

Wished I owned the field next door to the south. I'd put a road down the fence line and charge half.
JP76
ChampsAg said:

I can remember when it first opened it was like $20 a car load to drive thru. The whole place has become a commercialized gold mine. The train ride alone is grossing $100+ an hour.
BB675
AG
Does the VIP Parking Pass save any time? I think our hayride is scheduled for 6:00 on Friday Dec, 2 and am trying to avoid being stuck in any lines for 45 minutes.
ChampsAg
You pick your time for VIP parking but it's first come first serve. I would do the $15 lot and get there by 5:15
gopitt
The owners put hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of upgrades in regularly and bring Christmas cheer to children and adults alike. They run a BUSINESS and expect a return on their investment. The thousands and thousands who visit yearly can attest that they don't mind the pricing or they would not go. Congrats to a well run business that makes thousands happy and in the Christmas spirit annually.
TexasAggie_02
AG
ChampsAg said:

there's limited parking. This promotes car pooling
BB675
AG
I don't mind paying the price to get VIP parking if it is worth it. I am just trying to avoid sitting in a line for 30 minutes but it doesn't sound like that helps. I want to say our time is 6:15 for the VIP horse and carriage. How early should I plan on getting there?
SW AG80
AG
How do you get VIP services?
MikeTV
jmazz said:

It's barely dark and the line is ridiculous. Anyone know if they have a double turn lane to enter the parking lot or should I wait it out?
Just use the left lane to go past most of the line. When you get near the front put your blinker on and work yourself into the right lane.
OnlyANobody
Because we all love that person. And some idiot always lets them in.
The Original AG 76
AG
Is there a shuttle service from town ?
unmade bed
Love that place. We go and take the family every year. We drop several 100 bucks and as we leave, my wife and I vow it will be our last year to go. Then come late November of the following year, we are planning what night to go back.
jmazz
AG
I didn't want to be an a-hole...but, since you suggested it...next time.
fcag
AG
Has anyone tried taking an Uber there and back?
redd38
AG
fcag said:

Has anyone tried taking an Uber there and back?
Uber should be able to bypass the line and drop you right at the door, right?
pants
We're going this Saturday night.

I'm pretty sure we showed up well after opening time one night last year with no reservations and were able to get in pretty easily to both the parking lot and a hay ride. Maybe we went mid-week, but I don't remember.

Those talking about scheduled times: How do you make reservations?

We might end up skipping this if it is as much of a hassle as it sounds like...
cassmom98
We have reservations for parking later in December. We are in the Rudolph Lot, which I believe is the second entrance off of the feeder. Prancer Lot being the first. Would it be ridiculous to think that we would travel in the left lane on the feeder road to bypass all the people waiting to get in Prancer (and those who don't realize they can't park there because they don't have reservations) and move to the right lane once we have passed Prancer and can enter the Rudolph Lot? The whole reason for purchasing the better parking, is that we are traveling with grandparents and babies... waiting in a line on the feeder makes that seem counterproductive.
toolshed
AG
I would pass up the line and move up to the second gate. Sitting in line for an hour to be told to go to the next gate is a bit ridiculous. But maybe you can call during business hours to confirm this?
techno-ag
AG
gopitt said:

The owners put hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of upgrades in regularly and bring Christmas cheer to children and adults alike. They run a BUSINESS and expect a return on their investment. The thousands and thousands who visit yearly can attest that they don't mind the pricing or they would not go. Congrats to a well run business that makes thousands happy and in the Christmas spirit annually.
mal93
AG
Once they started the mandatory hay ride, they priced out of the Christmas spirit they provide to thousands.

No we go to the Lights of Tejas, which is more reasonably priced and has a Christian based theme.
TexasAggie_02
AG
mal93 said:

Once they started the mandatory hay ride, they priced out of the Christmas spirit they provide to thousands.

No we go to the Lights of Tejas, which is more reasonably priced and has a Christian based theme.
i guess you skipped past the angels and Nativity at Santa's Wonderland?
mal93
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

mal93 said:

i guess you skipped past the angels and Nativity at Santa's Wonderland?
Santa's Wonderland has a nice resurrection display and they really have great light display. There's no denying that. My family and friends haven't seen it in a few year though because of the high prices. Don't fixate on some additional information included about a competing Christmas light display. I'm just letting people on here know there are alternatives. As someone suggested earlier, we let them know with our wallet and others may too if they know about the alternatives.

You can even take your kids to the Lights of Tejas the weekend of Dec 2 & 3 for FREE. And $1 of each paid admission goes to the Lee County Youth Center.

No, I'm associated with the Lights of Tejas. Went there last year for the first time and enjoyed it. We will go back again this year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.