Santa's Wonderland - Double turn lane to enter?!?

11,191 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by barbara314tx
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
unmade bed said:

Love that place. We go and take the family every year. We drop several 100 bucks and as we leave, my wife and I vow it will be our last year to go.

Never been to Santa wonderland. .. How do spend " several hundred bucks" looking at Christmas lights?????
jmazz
AG
Base tickets to get in are $40 for adults and $35 for children (2 and under are free). Add VIP packages, carriage ride, food (carnival/rodeo/ballgame type food), gift shops, 'professional' pictures, s'more making, etc...it all adds up.
GaryIves
Discounted prices (for non-peak nights) are $25 for adults & $20 for kids. On that ticket, you can ride the hayride and see the lights as many times as you want! Everything else (food, retail, VIP parking) are optional amenities.
starbuck128
AG
We got the discounted tickets and went yesterday (Tuesday). There wasn't a crowd, and as such parking was free in the Prancer lot. There were no lines anywhere, and every time we did the hayride, there were only 2-3 families per car. Because there were no lines on a week night, we saw everything and still got home in time for the kids' bedtime. Seriously, locals should go mid week. Leave the crowds for the out of towners.
halibut sinclair
^ Thanks. Now mid-week will also be crowded.
starbuck128
AG
A few hundred more people a week day won't make a difference. The parking lot was practically empty.
lightswitch
Quote:

Congrats to a well run business that makes thousands happy and in the Christmas spirit annually.

I think this sums it up properly in this case: Christmas Spirit = Business.
Cancelled
AG
I'm glad the owners are able to make money off of this. I'd never be opposed to someone making an honest buck. We went once for a dance recitals or our oldest. That was enough fir the wife and I.
gc2007
What time does Museum open up their parking and shuttle? We are going tonight and the pranced and Rudolph lots are sold out for when they open.
utex99
I am one of the bus drivers at SW. The museum lot opens at 5 PM when the park opens at 6.
Jinx
Does anyone know if there is a drop off/pick up area? I'm meeting some family there to drop the kiddo off but not going in myself. If not, what's the best way to do this?
studioone
Please do not forget that people do live along that road.

Friend of mine who lives right next to it has regularly had to drive to his street entrance, park, knock on someones window to get them to move so he can drive to his house. He regularly gets ignored when knocking on peoples window..

Personally i would tell someone who wouldn't move that they have the time it takes for me to walk to my house and drive back with my tractor so i can personally move their car.. Forks and all...
InnerCityAg
When did this **** get more expensive than an Astros game? Holy *****

InnerCityAg
Santa can suck it.
PS3D
mal93 said:

Once they started the mandatory hay ride, they priced out of the Christmas spirit they provide to thousands.

No we go to the Lights of Tejas, which is more reasonably priced and has a Christian based theme.
Even when it was $10 a car and drive through, it was cool but the price and the fact that you couldn't get out of your car made it seem inferior to Christmas on the Park, which had areas where you could walk around, meet Santa, and was free. And it did not involve driving way out of town to do so.
SW AG80
AG
We go every year and take kids and grandkids. When my wife bought tickets for this year I commented on how expensive it is. She quickly reminded me this is now a family tradition where we get to spend the weekend in Aggieland with our kids and grandkids. And I do enjoy it. They have a great operation.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Anyone know which lots have handicap parking ?
gopitt
Kids love this place.
A yearly tradition.
The owners have pumped a ton of money into this place on expansion and upgrades.
Awesome.
DWren
I get it but I think it's way overpriced and completly overhyped.
I'll admit I'm probably in the minority based on the number of people that attend... But that's just me.

I also didn't understand why on top of all the extra charges .. They charged a tax as well.
Like I bought a $5 ticket for my kid to go into petting zoo and they added tax.. Really?

barbara314tx
We always enjoyed driving thru this...but since they stopped that we can't go. They make ZERO effort to help the handicapped. I've contacted them about how to get around there in a wheel chair, or with someone that can't stand or walk for very long, and they basically said, sorry, can't help you out.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.