Verizon cell in BCS?

2,716 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by InMyOpinion
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm thinking of switching to Verizon to save nearly $1000 in upgrade cost for new phones for my son and I. We are currently with AT&T and coverage is pretty good except in certain parts of my house. How is Verizon for BCS as far as cell/data coverage?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ksp
I have zero issues and never go over data
lockett93
AG
Just switched to Verizon as well. No issues and have better service at Kyle than I did with att during games.
BCStalk
Been with them for 5 years. The only dead spot I've found is a few miles past the river on 21. Lasts for about half a second. I would never go back to AT&T
We switched from AT&T to Verizon about 2 years ago and found the coverage to be better and the cost lower. Still satisfied and would not even consider going back to AT&T
jrhmc
AG
Been with Verizon over 15 years now and generally has the best coverage of all of the providers.
techno-ag
AG
Big fan of Verizon for local coverage. It's the best around here.
bigh281
Duck Haven gets barely anything from Verizon at all (at least with my phone). All my friends who live there have Att. Anywhere else, Verizon works great.
ChampsAg
In B/CS service is great. Spotty around campus occasionally. Out of town is usually good. I travel to Cameron, Rockdale, Brenham and Hearne regularly with no issues
aggietoolman
AG
Moved from AT&T to Verizon a few years ago. Was huge improvement then. Within the last 6 months or so the signal on campus has had issues. I've had calls drop, and network drops on campus several times when before never had issues. People with AT&T used to come to me to use my phone on gamedays. Now I at times need to go to them.

Don't know if it's just all the people that switched over or if there are other infrastructure issues that have come up, but it's not as great as it used to be on campus. Outside of campus, I haven't had any issues.

Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
We fired AT&T for Verizon about a year ago and have been extremely pleased. Better coverage during games and I haven't hit a dead spot between CS and Houston. AT&T is the worst.
Bunk Moreland
ksp said:

I have zero issues and never go over data

This. Service is great all over the area, and we never go over data either.

We made the switch.

The one issue I have with Verizon is that you can't use data when on the phone (unless you're connected to wifi).

I didn't know that, and while it wouldn't have made me stay with ATT, it still annoyed me.
lockett93
AG
You can use data while on the phone with newer model phones and Advanced calling turned on. It may be called HD Voice or VoLTE. Iphone 6 and higher supports it. Must be in LTE areas for it to work. It has to be enabled on your account on their end, AND enabled on your phone. On IOS 10, go to Settings, Cellular, Cellular Data Options, and choose Enable LTE for Voice & Data

Bunk Moreland
I'm a very new android so I appreciate the knowledge! I'll give it a look.
InMyOpinion
I've seen the new unlimited plan from Verizon,
Based on previous posts everyone is happy with switching - anyone not happy?

I am a 10 year ATT customer and fairly happy with price and service just can't decide if I want to switch.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.