Texas Tribune Salary Website

9,533 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by VincentBlack
AggiePirate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any idea why they stopped updating the salary database for TAMU after last fall? Usually it was on or around the September paycheck. I emailed someone over there but they didn't reply. Maybe you wise folks would have an idea, maybe a shift in law or something?

https://salaries.texastribune.org/texas-am-university/
AggiePirate
AG
FlyRod
Which TAMU employees are you trying to get data on so you can complain about them?
Scruffy
AG
What I posted on the other board:

In reply to AggiePirate
Could be they are difficulty getting the information because departments are having to consolidate job titles.

The state of Texas has something like 1500 job titles; TAMU has/had something like 6000.
This is probably due to in years the state wouldn't allow raises, to keep employees higher-ups liked they would create a new position and have it pay accordingly.

As posted above, there is a current audit underway for this.
Also, come Dec 1all salary people who make under $47k become hourly. So a lot of the pay stuff is up in the air.
AggiePirate
AG
FlyRod said:

Which TAMU employees are you trying to get data on so you can complain about them?
Thanks Scruffy!! My one friend!

Also this is kind of awkward, but FlyRod, the person is actually Scruffy...
cz308
Scruffy said:

Also, come Dec 1all salary people who make under $47k become hourly. So a lot of the pay stuff is up in the air.
I don't think this is entirely true for everyone.
LunitadelNox
It applies to everyone.

Employers can either...

1. Take salaried employees, and move them to hourly and pay them for overtime.
2. Increase their salary pay to $47,476/year, provided they still meet the other rules for overtime exemption.
AggiePirate
AG
Overtime pay would be so choice.
Scruffy
AG
AggiePirate said:

FlyRod said:

Thanks Scruffy!! My one friend!

I can see it now:
"I'm typing Scruffy, scruffy, Scruffie, and every other derivation of the name but nothing's popping up! The system must be down!"
cz308
LunitadelNox said:

It applies to everyone.

Employers can either...

1. Take salaried employees, and move them to hourly and pay them for overtime.
2. Increase their salary pay to $47,476/year, provided they still meet the other rules for overtime exemption.
Edit: No point in arguing. Come December you'll see.
Inca
AG
I'm curious who this doesn't apply to. My understanding of the law is the same as LunitadelNox. There are only 2 choices - bump up their salary or start paying OT if they work more than 40 hours. Now, if you have someone making less than the threshold that never works more than 40 hours, it is a moot point.
FlyRod
Quote:

What is Scruffy doing with my tax dollars???
George Costanza
Supposedly a federal judge yesterday enjoined the DOL from moving forward with the new rule described above.
The Original AG 76
AG
B/CS Bear said:

Supposedly a federal judge yesterday enjoined the DOL from moving forward with the new rule described above.
Yes. the typical obama overreach has been struck down by a Fed Judge. Its DOA since the new admin will drop the OT rule and agree with the ruling.
techno-ag
halibut sinclair
redball
To the OP, as I recall TAMU and all state salaries were only ever updated every two years. I assume it has something to do with the 2 yr legislative cycle.
VincentBlack
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.