Scott & White insurance

2,552 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PseudonymK
michellecan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been with them for a couple of years now through Obamacare, but this year they pulled the plug and aren't offering insurance through the website. Fair enough. However, I would think a person would still be able to get this insurance with S&W without Obamacare. I've gotten the run around and been on hold for hours, still no luck. Anybody have a direct line?

TIA
carpe vinum
AG
They still do group, not sure about individuals. Our contact for the group was Cambi Bruegger. See if you can find her name in their directory.
michellecan
Years before Obamacare, I had an individual plan with them. After 3 days of being on hold and finally getting to talk to somebody that actually knows what they're doing, S&W will no longer offer individual plans. Only HMO's are offered on the exchange. The only hospital in town that takes an HMO is Club Med and I refuse to go there. Worst level of care I've ever received. And, my doctor won't take HMO. So what to do? Anybody have any suggestions as to how to get a PPO around here, off the exchange.
gettingitdone
As far as I know, and I am in the medical field, there are only HMO's available thru Obama Care. You could look into going thru a private insurance broker.
LostInLA07
AG
No one is offering an individual PPO in Texas, on or off exchange (except for a handful of counties). Only small business and group policies have PPOs now.
Goose83
AG
We're all pretty much ph*cked, for this year at least.
techno-ag
AG
Maybe try one of the shared health plans like Medishare.
WTM
There is some information above that is not correct. This past year I have had the S&W Gold PPO. For the coming year in Brazos County there are BC/BS HMO plans on exchange. The problem is no one takes them. Off exchange S&W is offering both an HMO and a PPO. The problem is they are Bronze only with a 12,000 deductible. They are also expensive. The PPO quote for my family is over $1600.
Goose83
AG
WTM said:

There is some information above that is not correct. This past year I have had the S&W Gold PPO. For the coming year in Brazos County there are BC/BS HMO plans on exchange. The problem is no one takes them. Off exchange S&W is offering both an HMO and a PPO. The problem is they are Bronze only with a 12,000 deductible. They are also expensive. The PPO quote for my family is over $1600.
And they don't cover any of St Joe's doctors or services, either.

So some of us still appear to be screwed, no matter which way we go.
PseudonymK
AG
Try United Health
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.