2016 High School Football Thread

54,307 Views | 407 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Oogway
FNG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like a lot of rain delays for local teams so far!
bugle rank '87
AG
AMCHS game is cancelled.
FNG
Both?

I'm looking at the radar and it's barely raining in NE Houston. They must be having lightning or something.

I tried to listen in the car earlier but it was mostly Chase and Scott filling spaces between when kickoff should have been and when they were expecting it to be. They were about to announce starting lineups when I got back home from visiting friends. I figured the delay was over.
bugle rank '87
AG
AMCHS for sure. Maybe just the band returned home for CSHS.
FNG
Just checked the radio.

CSHS is up 56-7 near the end of the third quarter.
Aggie
AG
In a suprise
Franklin over Navasota 38-22
CactusThomas
AG
quote:
In a suprise

Rattlers looked completely uncoached.
Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
In a suprise

They didn't look good.. Especially on offensive side ball.
Lot of turnovers, lots of dropped passes.
But give credit to Franklin.They played well and with more intensity.
CactusThomas
AG
Nope doubt Franklin is (still) the real deal. O-line is incredible.

I was under the impression that 'Sota was going to stick with the same offense as years past. We saw some of that but they also tried to do to many different things. It was ugly.
Coach Dub
quote:
quote:
quote:
In a suprise

They didn't look good.. Especially on offensive side ball.
Lot of turnovers, lots of dropped passes.
But give credit to Franklin.They played well and with more intensity.

I wouldn't say the Rattlers looked completely uncoached but they did look sloppy. I think the players were looking at Franklin as a lower classification school that would be a pushover when they visited Rattler Stadium. How wrong they were. I was surprised at the number of running plays Navasota called. They were still a spread team but they weren't throwing every down like previous teams had been doing. Franklin has always been a smash mouth offense with an aggressive swarming defense. They would be fun to watch (due to how different they are from the norm in Texas HS football) if you weren't a Rattler fan.

Great game Lions! Navasota has a bear of a non-district schedule remaining (all 5A programs), they better get some things fixed soon.
Aggie.Alex
AG
College Station 56 C.E. King 7 Final

I know C.E. King is predicted to have a down year, but that's a big-time road win for CSHS on the road against a 6A school. Ty Brock had a great game (5 passing/1 rushing TD). Great to see him back and playing at a high level. Hope some big name schools in need of a late quarterback give him a serious look! Watch out for CSHS this season again, 18-5A is going to be a very competitive district.
Aggie
AG
In 18-5A .. another suprise .. Still a ways to go but Belton is leading Temple 17-14 in 3rd quarter
Aggie
AG
quote:

I wouldn't say the Rattlers looked completely uncoached but they did look sloppy. I think the players were looking at Franklin as a lower classification school that would be a pushover when they visited Rattler Stadium.

I would hope Navasota wouldn't be thinking Franklin would be a " pushover game".
If so then they have some big problems.. Franklin was a state finalist last year.. Regardless of classification you cannot take anyone lightly.. Especially a team like Franklin.
they are one classification down .. It's not like a 2A school playing a 6A.
CactusThomas
AG
Exactly. No one thought of this as a push over. Power run teams have been a weakness for the Ratts for the last couple years. Really missed cheeseburger Jones tonight.
Post removed:
by user
Oogway
I have noticed when my children have competed against Franklin students (in other sports), the Franklin athletes show up coached and ready to compete. Very well organized and from a bystander perspective seem like great students.
Vulcan
Where did Coach Fedora end up this year?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
Where did Coach Fedora end up this year?

Relaxing while still cashing checks. I figure he'll be out a year before reappearing somewhere. Who knows? It might be time to retire for a veteran coach somewhere and Lee will take that gig.
bobinator
AG
I think Bryan will end up a lot better than they looked on Friday, but man Hutto had some playmakers.
Oogway
Who has the big games this week? Anyone looking sharp and ready to play?
bobinator
AG
I'm interested to see what Rudder does against Hutto. The Hippos big playmakers last week were both Sophomores and it sort of looked like it really caught Bryan off guard.

I don't know if having that advance knowledge will really help Rudder any, but I can't imagine their defense could do any worse.
Oogway
I don't follow Rudder too closely, but from appearances they seem to be on the upswing. Facing new teams after realignment may be fun although the travel times less so.
bobinator
AG
Well, having Hutto's guys on tape didn't seem to help Rudder any.

That defensive end from Hutto that's being recruited by A&M/Texas/etc is an amazing athlete.
EVA3
AG
quote:
I think Bryan will end up a lot better than they looked on Friday, but man Hutto had some playmakers.

It will be interesting to see how Bryan turns out. They lost their opener to Montgomery the last two years and then won district each year.
bobinator
AG
They also just kind of let the game at Hutto get away from them early. They aren't as bad as that game looked.

Mason Ray is going to have to trust himself a little more though, he's got some good zip but he's going to have to cut it loose. Hedge has good speed to be a vertical threat if Ray will put it out there for him. If they can show that threat even a little then it will open up their run game which is where they should really be strong.

They should beat Waller tonight be a couple scores I'd think.
91_Aggie
AG
Anyone know what radio station CSHS would be on?
Oogway
Did you try 1150 KZNE?
FNG
Last week it was 102.7
91_Aggie
AG
Yeah. 1620 and 1150. Amcms on one and I think Bryan on the other
Oogway
102.7 FM?

I have something else I am attending to at the moment, but I am positive I heard it was going to be broadcast. Sorry I can't remember where...
91_Aggie
AG
Got a score update from my daughter. 38-14 at halftime. Cougars winning. No point in listening now
Oogway
Be careful, we scoffed at Studioone and look what happened with the Aggiedome...
FNG
102.7 has the Bryan game

And I'm more interested in how long is left in the CSHS game.
FNG
Just checked the KZNE page. Their Twitter feed says Foster was up 21-14 on Consol 21-14

The Zone website said to stream CSHS at 102.7 from radioaggieland.com, but it is not correct.
FNG
Ok, CSHS is on Zone HD
FM 95.1 HD-3, whatever that is.

Try http://v6.player.abacast.net/687

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.