Kindred Pest Control

13,065 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mulder349
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else annoyed with them coming by your house soliciting every few months? I can't knock them for not having a permit since they have every time I've asked but you think they would get the picture after telling them no on multiple occasions.

If you're associated with this business you should stop your door-to-door pitch and invest in better advertising. Your sales reps are annoying and pushy. Not to mention they don't have a great knowledge in pest control.

Thanks,

Everyone in B/CS.
GunRangeGal
AG
Somebody knocked on my door tonight... Just the Mormons, thank goodness.
LunitadelNox
I had a girl with Kindred Pest Control visit me the other day. Mentioned something about how I had limited time to take advantage of a special offer, so that made me suspicious.

But what really sealed the nope for me... She mentioned that her company serviced the yard of the state trooper down the street, but she didn't know his name. lol
aggiepaintrain
AG
ya next time they knock it will not be pleasant for them
rc_cat
They came to my door and told me they were doing work for several of my neighbors - that would be amazing business savvy as there are only 8 houses on my street - 1 is empty and at least 1 uses another company. They also don't take 'no' for an answer - when I said 'no, thank you' the guy asked me what was keeping me from saying yes. I just repeated myself as I closed the door...
InMyOpinion
The crazy thing is the door to door success rate is got to be good enough to cover the cost or they wouldn't do it.
sangria
AG
Super annoying. They've been to our house twice. My husband spoke with them the first time. I was not as nice the second time around.

If I need a service provider, I will look into it on my own time. I really don't like being bothered with unsolicited offers while I'm at home. If they were leaving a business card or pamphlet letting me know about their services, that would be one thing. The pushy tactics turned me off.

LuvMyBoys
They came by my house and were vert pushy and rude. Then they went to the neighbors and practically pushed the door open. She called Bryan Police on them.
armymom
Unfortunately in this day and time I don't answer the door to strangers!
Frio Cielo
To me, the city should have no right to give a person a permit and subsequent permission to enter private property for anything. What part of private do they not understand?

If they want to have the right to give permits to door to door salesperson or anyone else, they need to set up a list that homeowners can put their addresses on so as to voluntarily opt in to have the city give permits and give their address to the qualified sales persons.

Brewmaster
AG
quote:
They came by my house and were vert pushy and rude. Then they went to the neighbors and practically pushed the door open. She called Bryan Police on them.
I think they came through here recently. I didn't even recognize the name, I've done my research on local pest control, but I didn't recognize them. I said no thank you twice and shut the door, he was still trying to talk.

Next time maybe he needs to be greeted with a freshly polished Browning 12 ga.

InMyOpinion
I like to take a different approach. I'll step out on the porch and start asking as many questions about who they are, their company and their product. I figure door to door sales is all about how many doors they can knock on. They either want a quick sale or someone to say no quickly so they can move on. If I can take up 30 minutes or more of their time knowing there is no way I am buying then I have done my neighborly deed for the day.

I really enjoy that moment when they realize what is happening and they try to end the conversation, if I can get 2 or 3 more questions its a success.
Carnwellag2
quote:
I like to take a different approach. I'll step out on the porch and start asking as many questions about who they are, their company and their product. I figure door to door sales is all about how many doors they can knock on. They either want a quick sale or someone to say no quickly so they can move on. If I can take up 30 minutes or more of their time knowing there is no way I am buying then I have done my neighborly deed for the day.

I really enjoy that moment when they realize what is happening and they try to end the conversation, if I can get 2 or 3 more questions its a success.
You have way to much free time. Taking up 30 minutes of their time is also 30 of yours.
BlueMiles
AG
They came by my house and were not deterred by the "no soliciting (except for Girl Scout cookies)" sign.
Crusader
To answer your question - "Yes, I am annoyed by Kindred Pest Control". A young lady came to my house a couple of weeks ago, but before she could start her sales pitch, I slammed the door in her face. If people would do this, and not respond to telephone solicitation as well, maybe these pests would just go away. Wishful thinking I suppose.
lucid
AG
They're back in northeast Bryan (Austin's Colony area).

One of their guys came to my house. When no one answered the door, he reached up to my security camera and grabbed it. I'm not sure if he was trying to see if it would come off the wall, point it in another direction, or something else.

Authorities have been notified. I also reached out to Kindred about it. The ownership was supposed to get back with me, but they never did. Just beware of this guy if he comes to your house.
RJ3
AG
I'm curious what kind of explanation they would give you for that.
Kindred
This gentleman's name is Daniel and he is a representative of Kindred. Although sometimes goofy, he is one of the most friendly and caring individuals that one would have the benefit to meet, even having served multiple Christian missions in Spanish speaking countries. We have talked to him about having touched the camera, although unjustified, we are sure there was no malicious intentions. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Kindred said:

This gentleman's name is Daniel and he is a representative of Kindred. Although sometimes goofy, he is one of the most friendly and caring individuals that one would have the benefit to meet, even having served multiple Christian missions in Spanish speaking countries. We have talked to him about having touched the camera, although unjustified, we are sure there was no malicious intentions. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

That's pretty much the exact opposite response I'd like to see from a legitimate business.
DBSwooper
Kindred said:

...even having served multiple Christian missions in Spanish speaking countries...

So?

If someone doesn't have the same religious beliefs as you, should they trust someone because others share religious beliefs with that person? No. Religious beliefs do not make you a good person or a bad person, they just mean you have chosen to believe something and have no bearing on someone's worthiness of being trusted.

Exhibit 1: http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/20656264.html
Exhibit 2: ...well the list could go on much longer than some would like to admit.
lucid
AG
Kindred said:

Could you elaborate? If not malicious, what was his intent?

I also talked to Daniel. In fact, he came to my house again a couple of days later. He didn't knock or even ring the doorbell. He just stood there, glanced at my doorbell a couple of times, and then left. (I have a smart doorbell that was recording him.)

After he left, I caught up to him walking down the street. I asked him why he grabbed my security camera at my house. He denied doing it, and said that he has never touched someone else's camera. I showed him a picture of himself. He said it wasn't him, and that he didn't recognize that person.

My intention was to share these other details with you over the phone. If you'd rather continue this conversation over the phone, feel free to call me back.
BlueMiles
AG
DBSwooper said:

Exhibit 2: ...well the list could go on much longer than some would like to admit.

I was expecting this to be a link to the kbtx article about the Kindred employee who improperly used the company credit card, but it wasn't. I don't have time to find it, but there's an article.

Edit to add it looks like the guy in the video was trying to use his sleeves to cover his fingerprints. Why would he do that.
theycallmemrtibbs
BlueMiles said:

DBSwooper said:

I was expecting this to be a link to the kbtx article about the Kindred employee who improperly used the company credit card, but it wasn't. I don't have time to find it, but there's an article.

Edit to add it looks like the guy in the video was trying to use his sleeves to cover his fingerprints. Why would he do that.
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/College-Station-man-arrested-for-paying-traffic-ticket-with-company-card-479289283.html
AggiePhil
AG
Shady situations. Very not good.
magical snail
AG
Did they call you?

Any chance their soliciting permit could get pulled for this?
lucid
AG
No, they never did call.
legalbird
Tweaking is a sign of meth use.

Example. Bill did meth after watching late night TV talk shows. Around 2 am, he dismantled the family's vacuum cleaner.
TheAlarmGuy
wow, just wow The Door to Door Racket is getting out of hand.

Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Fleen
At my door at 745 this evening. I'll give you he was nice and polite but "Not interested, have a good evening." Means get off my porch...
JP76
You in the Oaks?
Fleen
North Oakwood in Bryan.
WheelerAg17
I posted this on the other thread but Kindred Pest Control apparently gets their friends to write good reviews for them on Facebook, Google, etc. Most of them are from people that live out of state.

Here's one example on Facebook:

I absolutely loved my experience with Kindred Pest Control. I was a little skeptical when someone stopped at my door. But the technician was very polite and knew exactly how to answer all of my questions. Everytime I've called their their office they've offered great customer support. I also really love how their products are pet and children friendly.

Not only does it seem liked a fake/generic review, the person who wrote that doesn't even live in Texas and is Facebook friends with the owner.

I've started reporting all similar reviews, but who knows how they even verify that stuff.
nwspmp
They hit us up tonight at 8:00. Enchanted Meadows subdivision.

May have been a bit rude but they just woke up my one year old. Opened the door, saw him, said "Not interested. Go away" and closed the door. Should go back and check the cameras for his reaction!
Bob2525
FYI... DIY. Martin's Permethrin 10%. Not for everyone, but those who Know they are capable of mixing stuff and spraying correctly.
And yes, unless your in New York, it is legal to use in the country. No idea on city restrictions, depends on how liberal your city is...
Broncos
Screw these guys.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.