What are the current population projections for the BCS area?

4,235 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SARATOGA
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is the current population of Bryan?
What is the current population of College Station?
What is the current population of Brazos County?
When is Bryan projected to surpass 100,000 people?
Isn't this area growing faster than it was predicted to in past projections?
What are you alls predictions for the population of this area in the coming years?
Justin2010
AG
quote:
What is the current population of Bryan?
What is the current population of College Station?
What is the current population of Brazos County?
When is Bryan projected to surpass 100,000 people?
Isn't this area growing faster than it was predicted to in past projections?
What are you alls predictions for the population of this area in the coming years?

I was curious too. Google says:

The state demographer's latest predictions show 419,114 people in Brazos County by 2050 -- twice the 2015 population of 203,056. Notably, the current population estimate is double that of 1980 when the Census Bureau reported 93,588 residents in the county.

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/brazos-county-population-expected-to-double-by/article_7fd50a3a-d3bc-539e-b4a7-99161d1d2542.html

Population (2014)
Total
>Wikipedia

Population (2016)
City
>Wikipedia

Population (est.)
(2014)
>Wikipedia
carpe vinum
AG
http://demographics.texas.gov/Data/TPEPP/Estimates/
D_Wag97
AG
The B/CS area (MSA) was about 255,000 as of 2010.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
The B/CS area (MSA) was about 255,000 as of 2010.

That figure must include students? It doesn't line up with the 209,000 figure above.
carpe vinum
AG
The MSA includes Robertson and Burleson counties.
ro828
The population of Austin in 1969 (the year I graduated college) was 244,074. Having grown up in Brenham and gone to college in Beaumont, I thought of Austin as a very big city. Back then I never dreamed B/CS would grow the way it has.
Chazz03
AG
http://www.cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=3403
Lots of info here

bcstx06
Quote:

Podcast: Who says College Station has 109,857 residents?
By Jay Socol, Public Communications Director
Senior Planner Jessica Bullock was born and raised in Boston, attended school in Philadelphia, and experienced an awakening that led her to become a city planner a fascinating story.
Among Jessica's responsibilities: Every month, she calculates College Station's estimated population. How? And is she even qualified to do it? Jessica answered those questions and more in this edition of the podcast.
https://blog.cstx.gov/2017/03/30/podcast-who-says-college-station-has-109857-residents/

I wonder what the current population of Bryan is? When will it reach 100,000? Now that RELLIS and developments all around town are happening, I don't think it will be much longer.
O.G.
As much as I hate to say it, probably going to leave when the kids finish school. Growth is one thing, unplanned growth where south CS is starting to look like Jones Road and 290 in Houston is not what I moved here for.

It will be a few more years so I'm sure they will change the shape/size/length of the exits on Hwy 6 again, Rock Prairie will still be under construction and BCS will hold the record for most Taco and Chicken Finger joints in one area.
SARATOGA
And by 2050 - if you live on the east side of hwy 6, anywhere between Hwy 30 and Hwy 105, you'll still have to drive past 6 or 7 high schools to take your kids to Consol.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.