Indian Lakes (Hwy 6 access)- update?

17,493 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by carpe vinum
ClassicArnold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any idea when Indian Lakes will have their own access to the highway?
carpe vinum
AG
They are building houses like crazy, but I don't know what percent of the overall development is remaining. They are pushing new plats closer and closer to the feeder, but not sure if they secured rights through to the bypass.

Arrington sure wasn't built to handle this volume. Imagine the nightmare if they start working on Arrington to handle that volume with no other alternative.
Oogway
Slightly related, but referencing the increased traffic on Arrington and the commercial development, the left turn (to head north) from Greens Prairie seems to be a looming problem. Or are folks using Rattlers as a cut through? (Yes, I do realize that is a no-no). I tend to avoid Greens Prairie, but the last time I passed by, there was a nice line.
carpe vinum
AG
Signal lights are needed at peak times, but the rest of the time it's ok. It took 3 years to get people trained the last time they changed right of way at that stop sign.
MemphisAg1
AG
Last time I talked to IL HOA a couple months ago they said the county was working on getting access across other property to Hwy 6. Said the same thing a couple years ago, so I don't get the impression there's a real sense of urgency.

If/when it happens, sure would take a lot of traffic pressure off of Fitch and Arrington.
carpe vinum
AG
Might be easier to go across the old landfill to 159.
Oogway
quote:
Signal lights are needed at peak times, but the rest of the time it's ok. It took 3 years to get people trained the last time they changed right of way at that stop sign.

Hey! I beat the average!
gunan01
AG
Supposedly the county engineer is waiting on the developer to donate the land to build out Mesa Verde to the Highway 6 feeder road. I'm not sure how accurate that info is, so I'll take this post down if someone else knows otherwise.

Seems like an obvious current and future problem (congestion on Arrington from IL traffic) with an easy fix....
gunan01
AG
IL currently has around 300 homes I believe (including the villages). Supposedly developer has enough land for 1000+ houses through several more phases of development.
MemphisAg1
AG
Last time I looked at a property map with the IL civil engineer, the developer didn't own all the property out to Hwy 6. They needed to buy an easement across other landowners, or have the county utilize imminent domain, which they don't want to do. That was a couple years ago, so it's possible things have changed since then.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
Slightly related, but referencing the increased traffic on Arrington and the commercial development, the left turn (to head north) from Greens Prairie seems to be a looming problem. Or are folks using Rattlers as a cut through? (Yes, I do realize that is a no-no). I tend to avoid Greens Prairie, but the last time I passed by, there was a nice line.

I heard somewhere a roundabout was being considered here. I hope that happens!
ClassicArnold
I'll try to find out who to talk to. Indian Lakes needs highway access ASAP.
ukbb2003
quote:
quote:

I heard somewhere a roundabout was being considered here. I hope that happens!
A roundabout would be a horrible idea. This would make turning out of Academy onto the feeder road look like a piece of cake. If you think Arrington/GP are packed now, wait until the three additional schools are built in that area.
PS3D
I believe they do according to either platting maps or land ownership, but it looks like they own the land west of (and up to the cluster of trees opposite Santa's Wonderland parking lot), so it looks like it might connect through Cherokee Drive, which, while isn't ideal for getting back to town, seems like the best bet.
gunan01
AG
Connecting Mesa Verde to the highway would make more sense. But I don't know who owns the land between the highway and where Mesa Verde ends currently. I had heard the developer owned it but I'm not sure.

Basically the distance between the highway and Arrington on Fitch is what needs to be built out to get Mesa Verde to the highway.
Ornlu
AG
The Highway 6 access pathway will be by extending Indian Lakes Drive to connect with Cherokee. The developer has secured the ROW and is in the process of getting it permitted & approved. It will likely be done in 2017.
EastTexasAg1994
AG
Take a look here...It looks like they are proposing 2 routes from Indian Lakes to Highway 6. This map is from the City of College Station.

http://www.cstx.gov/modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=22444

MemphisAg1
AG
quote:
Take a look here...It looks like they are proposing 2 routes from Indian Lakes to Highway 6. This map is from the City of College Station.

http://www.cstx.gov/modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=22444

That's consistent with what the IL civil engineer told me two years ago. Mesa Verde to be extended to where the TX World Speedway overpass crosses Hwy 6, and Indian Lakes Dr to be extended to connect with Cherokee.

I hope it happens.
91_Aggie
AG
Are the people complaining about this Indian lakes residents?
ClassicArnold
91 Aggie-

NO, about 100+ of us complaining about Indian Lakes having access to the highway are not residents. We're the people whose peaceful areas have been disturbed by the Indian Lakes people cutting thru our streets.
If ALL Indian Lakes people would exit William Fitch & sit at the ridiculously long left turn light at Arrington would get mad, they'd demand AT LEAST one more entry/exit to their over priced neighborhood, from Highway 6.
It's common sense that Indian Lakes NEEDS their own access from the highway. Bypassing South Oaks & Nantucket would be the "common courtesy" thing to ask for.
Not to mention convenience. Heaven forbid a 30 foot by 50 foot sinkhole open up under that sharp curve on Arrington, trapping everyone. One way in & out should've never been the plan.
ClassicArnold
91 Aggie-

I mean NO disrespect by my earlier comment. I think highway access makes more sense than taking land away from current owners along Arrington and probably makes more sense financially.
carpe vinum
AG
Arrington will get widened no matter what, I've seen plans for another huge development with way more houses for the West side. We won't be in the country much longer.
gunan01
AG
quote:
91 Aggie-

NO, about 100+ of us complaining about Indian Lakes having access to the highway are not residents. We're the people whose peaceful areas have been disturbed by the Indian Lakes people cutting thru our streets.
If ALL Indian Lakes people would exit William Fitch & sit at the ridiculously long left turn light at Arrington would get mad, they'd demand AT LEAST one more entry/exit to their over priced neighborhood, from Highway 6.
It's common sense that Indian Lakes NEEDS their own access from the highway. Bypassing South Oaks & Nantucket would be the "common courtesy" thing to ask for.
Not to mention convenience. Heaven forbid a 30 foot by 50 foot sinkhole open up under that sharp curve on Arrington, trapping everyone. One way in & out should've never been the plan.
Who should we go "demand" to that we want access the highway directly? I like how you call Indian Lakes "over priced". I bet it's no different in price psf than Nantucket, adjusted for age of home.
Spyderman
AG
Survey stakes are in place for the extension of Mesa Verde Dr to the speedway overpass. Not sure when the trees start to come down. Gonna go right through the old cabin...
PS3D
Spyderman said:

Survey stakes are in place for the extension of Mesa Verde Dr to the speedway overpass. Not sure when the trees start to come down. Gonna go right through the old cabin...
That sounds like a good thing!
Spyderman
AG
PS3D said:

Spyderman said:

That sounds like a good thing!
Progress I suppose...a Historical Marker should be put up..lots of history here.
PS3D
All I see is a small residence on Narrow Way. I mean, sure I guess it will be cleared out, but sacrifices for right of way aren't exactly historical sites.
TellMeMore
Two years would be about right
Spyderman
AG
PS3D said:

All I see is a small residence on Narrow Way. I mean, sure I guess it will be cleared out, but sacrifices for right of way aren't exactly historical sites.
I'm kidding..but if the old bldg could talk..
gunan01
AG
Seeing a lot of construction vehicles at the corner of Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde. It looks like they've created a street opposite Chaco Canyon with a cul-de-sac on it. Anyone have any good news as to whether these vehicles are also going to help extend Mesa Verde to the highway?
toolshed
AG
Considering the dirt work to the north side of the fence on Cherokee, I am going to assume yes.
PS3D
toolshed said:

Considering the dirt work to the north side of the fence on Cherokee, I am going to assume yes.
I thought this topic came up earlier and the answer was that it was some other development.

Besides, I can't imagine them connecting to at least the main Texas World Speedway stop without some major upgrades at that intersection (like dedicated entrance/exit lanes, a stoplight or at least stop signs, or four lanes across the freeway--in fact, I can imagine a scenario where the highway is rebuilt to go over instead of going under.
Spyderman
AG
gunan01 said:

Seeing a lot of construction vehicles at the corner of Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde. It looks like they've created a street opposite Chaco Canyon with a cul-de-sac on it. Anyone have any good news as to whether these vehicles are also going to help extend Mesa Verde to the highway?
Didnt see a dozer including in the machinery..the cul-de-sac looks ready to pave. Lots of activity on Cherokee though. Whats the latest on the proposed development at the speedway?
MemphisAg1
AG
I talked to the Indian Lakes HOA a couple months ago and inquired about the extension of Mesa Verde out to Highway 6. They said the county is still working on securing access and that progress is being made. Said they hoped to see road construction start within a year. No promises... just their best estimate.
carpe vinum
AG
gunan01 said:

I saw a plat a week or two ago about a couple new streets and ~60 new lots. I haven't heard of any recent development on the Mesa Verde extension.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.