Millican Reserve

18,830 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tgivaughn
duffelpud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does this place strike anyone else as a bit 'over the top'?
SoTheySay
S
No.
Al Bula
AG
Over the top marketing with statements like this:
quote:
Promise Me

a place where I will always be connected to nature, because by pure and brilliant design that is how I was made to be.

SumAggie
wow.... a bit over the top maybe?.....
GunRangeGal
AG
Their marketing may be a little over the top, but the place itself is awesome!
jja79
AG
Nothing says preservation and stewardship like a subdivision.
Cancelled
AG
But it hasn't even been built yet, right? How can it be awesome?
BQ_90
AG
quote:
But it hasn't even been built yet, right? How can it be awesome?
cause the ads say so.
BQ_90
AG
Also wtf is the link to animal land bridge from Montana. WTH does that have to do with a subdivision in Millican
wysiwyg
AG
The pricing is certainly out there. I love the property though.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Iola schools right?
jmazz
AG
No...you're thinking of King Oaks.

Millican Reserve is down Wellborn Road south of Duck Haven, Bentwood, etc. Millican Reserve is actually partially College Station ISD and partially Navasota ISD.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
No...you're thinking of King Oaks.

Millican Reserve is down Wellborn Road south of Duck Haven, Bentwood, etc. Millican Reserve is actually partially College Station ISD and partially Navasota ISD.
cool you either get bad schools or big city taxes without any services.
ChampsAg
Pretty sure that Millican Reserve is firmly in the Navasota ISD zone. Goes to Schein Road
jmazz
AG
Unless the developer told me wrong...part is CSISD and part is Navasota.
SoTheySay
S
Jmazz is correct. CSISD and Navasota
ChampsAg
The property must loop around the back north then. Not sure exactly how much they have.
cslifer
The only difference in taxes would be whatever the difference between the two school districts is. City taxes obviously don't apply.
hungaryforchile
99% sure the same developers who developed Serenbe outside of Atlanta are developing Millican Reserve. If so, it should be gorgeous and a unique place to live (if you're into this sort of lifestyle), based on what they did at Serenbe: http://serenbe.com/
Ornlu
AG
That's incorrect. Maybe they've used the same marketing firm, but the majority of the people involved are different.
duffelpud
AG
quote:
A utopian experiment in New Urbanism
I think that nailed it.
farmersfight
AG
what are the costs of some of those tracts?
dave99ag
AG
I've seen this movie before somewhere.

duffelpud
AG
quote:
what are the costs of some of those tracts?
Stupid amounts of money.
carpe vinum
AG
I perused the website a few weeks ago as we are likely moving a bit further south of "town" since town has caught up with us again. Nice properties, kinda like the little kid activities, need to find out more about having our horse, and obviously pricing and HOA garbage. Didn't know the place had different school districts, thanks for that.

Does have a weird west coast gluten free artsy fartsy vibe, and smacks of overactive PR crap.

We're all for isolated country property, but carpe milkum has us more thinking about him having friends, and crap to do with little kids.
rjp
The CSISD district boundaries can be found here:

http://www.csisd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=161707&type=d&termREC_ID=&pREC_ID=331798

Millican Reserve appears to be in Navasota ISD.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Millican reserve spans 3000 acres all the way from wellborn road to highway 6. As stated above, part of the property (wellborn side) us zoned to navasota isd and part (hwy 6) to csisd.

The lots are comparable in price to Indian Lakes and just a little above saddle creek.

When complete, it will be one of the most incredible developments for a long, long ways. They are building it out deliberately and with intentionality, and I for one can't wait to track the progress.

On a side note: I've heard demand has been through the roof on the lots they've already offered for sale, so it seems there are at least some people excited about making this place their home.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
Millican reserve spans 3000 acres all the way from wellborn road to highway 6. As stated above, part of the property (wellborn side) us zoned to navasota isd and part (hwy 6) to csisd.

The lots are comparable in price to Indian Lakes and just a little above saddle creek.

When complete, it will be one of the most incredible developments for a long, long ways. They are building it out deliberately and with intentionality, and I for one can't wait to track the progress.

On a side note: I've heard demand has been through the roof on the lots they've already offered for sale, so it seems there are at least some people excited about making this place their home.
according to the website darn near all of their available lots are either already sold or " reserved". There is a huge demand for acreage lots in our area, especially south of town. Many many retired Ags ( more than planned due to the oil bust) are headed to " Gods Country" over the next few years and there aint a lot of options.
I know..
SARATOGA
I think there is a pretty big demand for houses that are a little farther apart, and where a developer doesn't go scorched earth on the land and leaves some trees and natural features (ex: there are some pretty decent sized ponds in the development)

There is obviously great demand in our area for houses with smaller yards as well. To each their own. Everyone will be equally effected by poor city planning and bad traffic flow outside their subdivision. Acre lots or 1/4 acre lots.

And yes, Millican Reserve sponsors farmers markets and community involvement type of events. Its a good group. I don't know what Gluten is or isn't.

BQ_90
AG
concrete is concrete, you might have a bigger lots, but you're still creating more runoff and changing landuses.
Post removed:
by user
75AG
AG
quote:
It's awesome, if you want to send your kids to Navasota schools. Then again, I'd imagine if/when NISD fails, like Snook, CSISD will take everything in the county not in Navasota City Limits.
Once they get out of Navasota elementary schools... they're fine.
duffelpud
AG
I'm pretty sure the 'Reservists' have a plan for some kind of school of their own...

Red Krow
Is this place open to the public? Went out today to bike around there but the signs say its private and for residents. I guess I could have continued on and checked it out but I respected the signs and turned around. I'm running in the race this weekend there and thought I'd go check it out ahead of time.
O.G.
No possible way would I raise kids, or send my kids to school, in the Navasota ISD.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.