1-3 acre lots near college station

13,116 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by thar_ag
Cyp011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been to King Oaks. Any other suggestions.
saturn135
Burleson County
kyledr04
AG
There should be a few available in the subdivisions south of Wellborn. Saddle Creek, Duck Haven, etc
Oogway
Great Oaks (west side) of College Station has 1-5 acre lots if available.
YellowPot_97
AG
Duck Haven
PS3D
Quail Run Estates?
jfb88
Saddle Creek is the hottest rural subdivision in town.
jmazz
AG
http://millicanreserve.org
Cyp011
AG
We are trying to look at Millican Reserve. Development is still a ways out from development
mazag08
AG
River Place
jmazz
AG
There's a house or two out there in the 10+ acre section. They (the developer) are taking their time with everything. It's been years and years in the works and will be many, many more.

I just ran a quick MLS search and there's a handful of options out there depending on your budget. There's a new gated subdivision called Emerald Ridge Estates where 1-1.5 acres are going for $160k+. Indian Lakes has a few. Duck Haven. River Place. Great Oaks Estates. North Country Estates out NE in Bryan.
Cyp011
AG
We drove around Millican today off of 2154. Is the side being developed off of hwy 6?
gc2007
Putting 1.81 lot in Saddle Creek up for sale on Monday.

5339 Prairie Dawn Trail
The Original AG 76
AG
Great Oaks has some new lots available. Only issue is that it is in the city limits. They have announced a new acreage development adjoining Great Oaks but no activity so far.
The oil bust is probably going to slow things down here a bit.

Keep an eye on Quail Run. Older hood with older homes. Still a few lots but you might be able to pick up a home on a nice lot and either remodel or tear down and rebuild. Probably closest acreage hood to the city yet NOT in the city.
jmazz
AG
Not yet.
Cyp011
AG
Thanks Jmazz. We are trying to get more info on MR but tough to come by
jmazz
AG
Send me an email with any questions. I know the developer well and can get answers.

Jeff at 12realty dot com
jmazz
AG
There's also a little development called Polo Estates off N Graham Rd west of I&GN. It'll be 20 something lots all around an acre. I haven't been by there lately so am not sure what the status is.
techno-ag
AG
Emerald Ridge is very nice. Gated and has a country feel, but you're much closer to town than the Wellborn or Millican options.
JohnD`05
Heritage Lakes Estates Phase 2 lots have been priced now and you can probably get first pick of the lots. You prob will not be able to build on it until later this year though.
Cyp011
AG
Any idea on Heritage Lakes pricing?
dilben
AG
Williams Creek
normaleagle05
AG
I believe they are moving dirt on The Meadows which is CSISD on the Hwy 6 side.
Cyp011
AG
Thanks. If anyone knows a decent realtor that would be helpful. Not sure if HAR is picking up everything.
txxwildcard
quote:
Putting 1.81 lot in Saddle Creek up for sale on Monday.

5339 Prairie Dawn Trail

How much?
gc2007
$130,000
Frio Cielo
You will need to get out of Brazos county or go up in the NW corner of Brazos County to get good buys on land in this area. I don't know what you mean by "near College Station" but there is some very nice land in and around Anderson. Also some nice land just south of Navasota.

jmazz
AG
I can help.

Jeff at 12realty dot com
99StationAG
AG
OP,

Sent you a PM with contact info for a great Realtor.

Thanks,

WB '99
Millican Reserve
Sponsor
Thanks jmazz! Cyp011, we are happy to answer any questions you have! Send us an email at info@millicanreserve.org.
backinbcs
Try John Hawkinson at Re/Max Select. Does a great job. 220-1950.
313-7-12thMan
Lots of Blackstone signs on lots in Saddle Creek. Give them a call.
Cyp011
AG
lots our houses? I love that someone puts "Handcrafted homes"....
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
$130,000

Would be interested to know if you get full asking price.

Of course you can also tell me it's none of my business.
PS3D
quote:
You will need to get out of Brazos county or go up in the NW corner of Brazos County to get good buys on land in this area. I don't know what you mean by "near College Station" but there is some very nice land in and around Anderson. Also some nice land just south of Navasota.

That depends on really what the OP wants. If it's within CSISD bounds, then staying in south-yet-not-far-south Brazos County and the likes would be the way to go.

If it's a "I want to have a horse on my land" then you might want something outside the county bounds.
If it's a "I want to enjoy large plots but have city conveniences without driving half an hour", then you'll want to choose something no farther than Saddle Ridge.

Just to clarify, Quail Run Estates does have a mix of home conditions. Some are old and could probably be razed for a bigger manse (watch out for taxes, it has been going up) while others have been expanded or renovated. I don't think there are any entirely vacant homesites left for sale.

As for Great Oaks, there are some homesites still for sale on the west end (near Walnut), or so says the billboard outside of town from Navasota. The expansion, however, will have much smaller lots and be arranged like a typical Houston-style suburb (complete with a few aesthetic lakes and gated streets). The fracking well has probably delayed that (that and the fact that they still haven't sold everything) even though the bid for clearing and grubbing the area (their words, not mine) was done about a year ago. Already, though, if you drive by The Barracks on the Holleman side, you'll see a place where trees were torn out and heavy machinery have been through. This will be an extension of Deacon Drive and also the entranceway to Phase 1 of that new area. If you'd like, I have a copy of the PDF of the planned development, which you can see here.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.