Local propane prices?

30,382 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EBrazosAg
TexAg1987
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What have you been paying to have your residential tank filled?

Who is your provider?

Amerigas just topped off my 250 gallon tank From 15% to 80% (never mind that I only asked for 100gal)

Online bill sent to me was $740!

AgResearch
AG
quote:
Amerigas
Pretty sure they are the most expensive in the US.
BlazeHarper
What is that 162 gallons they threw at you ?
Would not think it would be that much !
They are paying a buck a gallon in Iowa !

What people in TX are paying
TexAg1987
Went online to check the bill.

$4.499 / gal x 170.2 gal = $765.73
Fuel recovery fee = $4.94
Will call conv. fee = $4.99
Haz Mat Fee = $10.59

Total = $786.25

National average of propane is $1.96
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_wfr_a_epllpa_prs_dpgal_w.htm

signed - looking for a new propane provider
EMY92
AG
They didn't even take you to dinner first!
drred4
They are horrible. I had them and the prices they charge are outrageous for the volumn they deal with. Same with other big providers. I went to Star TeX. I tried to get Brenham lp to deliver but too far. Star TeX was right on line with pricing. Nice folks.
dilben
AG
I paid $2.00 per gal 2 weeks ago to HyPoint from Caldwell. I live in CS. They are very dependable & great to work with.
LunitadelNox
Amerigas is terrible. They're bookkeeping is always losing payments, and I have to prove that they pulled the check. 0/10
EBrazosAg
AG
Amerigas is the highest. Very happy with J&B Propane - out of Madison Co, but service Grimes and Brazos. (936) 348-5465 - Jeb and Co are really easy to work with, and much better price on tank rental and per gallon propane than Amerigas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Muzzleblast
+1 for J&B.

Great people to work with.

$1.75 / gallon about two weeks ago. Filled my tank for under $200.00.
TexAg1987
Just spoke with J&B, but they don't service South College Station. Hwy30 is about as far south as they go.

But just an FYI - $60 tank rent and $1.80 /gal

300-400 gal/yr to qualify for tank rental.

originaltexan
Friends,

Have you forgotten?

Call Albert At Star Tex

Dude loves propane

cell number is 979-325-9254.
TexAg1987
Spoke to Amerigas.

Told them they overfilled my tank (I only asked for 100 gal.)

Also asked what the price of propane was. They said $2.99 and couldn't explain why I was charged $4.499

I also told her I was getting prices of $2.00/gal at other places.

She agreed to only charge me $2.00/gal if I kept the whole tank and didn't make them come pump it down.

So, instant credit of $425.50

when it gets empty, I'll be changing providers. #morning win
Ornlu
AG
TASTE THE MEAT NOT THE HEAT
TexAg1987
quote:
Friends,

Have you forgotten?

Call Albert At Star Tex

Dude loves propane

cell number is 979-325-9254.
Went to their web site and it does not give a local location.
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
Spoke to Amerigas.

Also asked what the price of propane was. They said $2.99 and couldn't explain why I was charged $4.499

She agreed to only charge me $2.00/gal if I kept the whole tank and didn't make them come pump it down.

Love it. A lot of people forget that sometimes just calling and raising hell if need be can do wonders. I try not to be a ***** 99% of the time but when I am in the right and I'm getting the runaround...It gets messy quick.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Left AmeriGas in the spring. Their pricing is criminal.

Texas Propane. Newer outfit, but are decently capitalized in the market. $1.60/gal on my last fill. Let me know if you would like contact info.
Jetty
AG
Albert at StarTex!!!
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
I paid $2.00 per gal 2 weeks ago to HyPoint from Caldwell. I live in CS. They are very dependable & great to work with.
bigdog1
I think without a doubt the worst propane company around is Surburban. They charged me 3.89/gallon about a year ago. Driver even said he hadn't seen them charge that much so I started calling around. Amerigas quoted 3.00. Startex and Texas propane both were about 1.70. Really like Texas propane. They now have a supply tank on the west bypass to take care of their customers. They are originally out of Rockdale I believe. Family owned and operated. They are dependable and serve all of BCS. My tank contract ran out in May with Surburban. E-mailed them first to come and pick up tank. Then I wrote them a letter to pick it up. Then in August I called a so called local rep and talked to her to pick it up. She made excuses for the company, and it is still sitting in my now muddy yard. They should be fined for price gouging people. If there is not a law against it, there should be. Surbuban s****.
TheAlarmGuy
quote:
Spoke to Amerigas.

How long does the 100 gal. last you
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
propaniack
Star Tex propane is 1.75 per gallon regular price, (not a introductory price. can change out a tank for free. 979 325 9254. Albert
TexAg1987
quote:
quote:
Spoke to Amerigas.

How long does the 100 gal. last you
TL;DR answer - Depends

Long answer - Technically, the only thing in my house that is gas is one (1) water heater. I have two in the house, but the previous owner switched one to electric when it went out, I suppose. When I moved in (the house was a foreclosure) it needed a BUNCH of work, including a new second water heater. I didn't have the funds to change it over, so I left it gas. So the answer is probably a very long time.
However, I also have a liquid take off that I use to top off my BBQ propane bottles and my hot air balloon (this is Capt_Dan, btw, posting on my son's acct.) The hot air balloon can take as much as 25-35 gallons per flight, so depending on how much of that I am doing....
Not planning on doing too much flying in the next couple of months and with Christmas, etc, I just wanted to get the needle off of E.

TexAg1987
quote:
Star Tex propane is 1.75 per gallon regular price, (not a introductory price. can change out a tank for free. 979 325 9254. Albert
I will definately call you when I am ready to switch out. I have the full tank now, so it will probably be in the summer.

how much is the tank rent?
propaniack
Thank rent is 64.95 per year , 1st 6 mnths free rent. I can answer any questions about your personal homes consumption , prices, what companies pay (how to get that information without bias),Personally I am about the consumer, and fair Trade, Yall Know my personal #, feel free to call anytime within a reasonable hour. Star Tex Now has 3 BCS employees and we are planning a local location. The Waco location just expanded into a much bigger store.
Currently there is a Knowledgeable Bryan driver with a delivery truck stationed in Wellborn. A service tech part time living in south Bryan, and myself north of Bryan.
Between just us three (not to speak of the rest of Star tex) we have 71 years experience. You can get our personal #'s, and a price that is (as this thread can confirm) is as much as 3.00 per gallon cheaper than local competition, without haggling.
There are currently 3 family owned companies coming into BCS because Star Tex Came into BCS .All are offering Fair pricing, the service varies,, you choose.
But I will tell you this, Because Star Tex took a chance and Came to BCS, they have kept well over 1,5 million Dollars in the hands of local consumers in BCS in the last 3 years.
Its your Choice.
SumAggie
"The only woman I'm pimping is sweet lady propane! And I'm tricking her out all over this town." Hank Hill
propaniack
quote:
Went online to check the bill.

$4.499 / gal x 170.2 gal = $765.73
Fuel recovery fee = $4.94
Will call conv. fee = $4.99
Haz Mat Fee = $10.59

Total = $786.25

National average of propane is $1.96
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_wfr_a_epllpa_prs_dpgal_w.htm

signed - looking for a new propane provider
I delivered 400 gallons today @1.75 per gallon= $700.00 dollars. No fees.
spursfan80
I can vouch for the previous post, as I was the delivery today. Albert got everything setup for us with the new tank and 400 gallons at 1.75. Extremely happy and pleased that we choose to go with them, I would highly recommend.

Thanks again Albert.
propaniack
Middle of winter and Star Tex propane just went down in price to 1.65 per gallon, No gas co ever does that.
spursfan80
I have a follow up question that I thought I'd post here.

What can I (or am I allowed) to do if a propane company wont come get their tank? We had Albert come out just before the holidays and put their tank on our property to replace the one the previous home owner was renting. We have emailed and called them asking them to come pick it up, but have had no luck. They just keep giving us the we will get it when we can answer. I know it hasn't been an extreme amount of time, but there are rules in our subdivision and the last thing I want is to move in and be the guy that has an old tank sitting in the yard. So what are my options? I've looked online but haven't found a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.
Post removed:
by user
TexAg1987
Put it for sale on Craigslist. Send them the link.
TexasAggie_02
AG
their lease was with the previous owner. you have made it clear that they need to come and get it off your property. I would give them a "remove by" date, and then scrap it.
propaniack
might take a cpl calls but they will come get it,, you may have to get tough.. Might tell them the Home owners association problem as well.
spursfan80
Thanks for all the suggestions. They finally came and got it last week. I tried the hoa comment, but they didn't seem to care about that. I finally told them that if they didn't get it by Friday I would start charging 100/week in rent for storage. They obviously told me they didn't agree to that, but somehow found a way to get it 2 days later.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.