Local propane prices?

30,508 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EBrazosAg
deh40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
propaniack said:

Star Tex Propane just lower its price In BCS to 1.99 per gallon, I have never Seen ANY propane company drop their price in the winter except Star Tex. Best to fill up now.. 979 325 9254
How low does my tank need to be for you to be able to swap it out?
propaniack
deh40 said:

propaniack said:

Star Tex Propane just lower its price In BCS to 1.99 per gallon, I have never Seen ANY propane company drop their price in the winter except Star Tex. Best to fill up now.. 979 325 9254
How low does my tank need to be for you to be able to swap it out? we can do it any time, we will transfer the gas, you loose some but not much.
WheelinAg
AG
Current prices? We're going to need to fill up in the next month. At 30%, but only have the master bath on demand water heater and grill that run off a 250 gallon tank.
stinkerbelle
I paid 3.47 a gallon 2 weeks ago with Suburban. That lease is about over and I am going with someone else as soon that lease is fulfilled.
propaniack
stinkerbelle said:

I paid 3.47 a gallon 2 weeks ago with Suburban. That lease is about over and I am going with someone else as soon that lease is fulfilled.

give us a call, the lease is not a issue. It can be broken any time, 979 325 9254 Albert with Star tex Propane. we are currently 1.99 per gallon.
propaniack
WheelinAg said:

Current prices? We're going to need to fill up in the next month. At 30%, but only have the master bath on demand water heater and grill that run off a 250 gallon tank.

Currently we are 1.99 per gallon thats 30 cents cheaper that even our toughest competition, and as much as 1.50 difference from others, Albert
WheelinAg
AG
Albert came and filled my tank today. Easy and quick, no BS. Thanks Albert!
propaniack
Big Price drop ,,Propane is currently 1.70 per Gallon, I have not seen it this low in Many Many years, Its a good time to fill up.
SARATOGA
I switched to Star Tex and they are great. I've said it on this thread before. Suburban is a huge company and they don't care about price gouging. My story.

After suburban bill for $3.50+ per gallon....
Called Star Tex and they brought out and placed new tank.
Had them transfer propane from Suburban tank to Star Tex tank.
Filled up the remainder from Star Tex at less than $2 per gallon - whatever the fair price was at the time.
Called Suburban and told them to come get their tank, after a few weeks they did.
When Suburban called about the bill, I told them I'd pay the fair market price of Star Tex - I wasn't going to be gouged anymore. Took a couple weeks and a supervisor to approve - but they eventually accepted my offer and took the Star Tex price / payment.

Suburban robs people.. Star Tex is great and fair to deal with.
AgFan1999
AG
C'mon staff, you're feeding the SARATROLLGA.
badbilly
AG
Bump
BrazosWifi
StarTex is the best.

We have a 1000gal tank and they are consistently the best price, year after year.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
TexAg1987
Just refilled with Star Tex this week.
$1.75/gal
deh40
AG
What's the current propane price in BCS?
tfunk02
AG
Bump
propaniack
Star Tex Propane is currently 2.10 per gallon. Some local companies are over 3.50 to 4 dollars a gallon.
woodiewood1
bigdog1 said:

I think without a doubt the worst propane company around is Surburban. They charged me 3.89/gallon about a year ago. Driver even said he hadn't seen them charge that much so I started calling around. Amerigas quoted 3.00. Startex and Texas propane both were about 1.70. Really like Texas propane. They now have a supply tank on the west bypass to take care of their customers. They are originally out of Rockdale I believe. Family owned and operated. They are dependable and serve all of BCS. My tank contract ran out in May with Surburban. E-mailed them first to come and pick up tank. Then I wrote them a letter to pick it up. Then in August I called a so called local rep and talked to her to pick it up. She made excuses for the company, and it is still sitting in my now muddy yard. They should be fined for price gouging people. If there is not a law against it, there should be. Surbuban s****.

I would send them a registered letter and state that you have contacted them three times to come get the tank and if it is not removed in the next ten days it will be considered abandoned and you will dispose of it. There should be some value for the metal isn't there?
EBrazosAg
AG
Took me 6 months to get AmeriGas to come pick theirs up when I switched to J&B.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.