Local propane prices?

30,567 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EBrazosAg
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad it worked out
Turf-Ag02
AG
10 thumbs up for Star Tex! Paid $1.65 last week and had next day delivery.
BlueMiles
AG
This is a bit of a bump, but I found this thread while searching for propane.

Does Star Tex fill the little 20 lb tanks? If not, any recommendations, other than the places tanks are swapped?
befitter
FlyRod
Propane prices are set to plummet under Trumpus Maximus Porcinus. I'm already shopping for a new grill!
Ornlu
AG
U-haul and most RV parks will fill 20lb tanks.
SARATOGA
I WAS with Suburban. They over charged me for 5 years.

I switched to StarTex

TEXAG1987 - They can transfer from tank to tank with about a 10% loss. I had a full tank of Suburban, transferred it over to StarTex tank, and called Suburban to come pick up their tank (and made them match the StarTex price before I paid the suburban bill for that fill. They declined to match the rate permanently, so I obviously switched.

Albert is great.

TexAg1987
About to give Albert a call. Getting down to 'E' again.

Thanks for bumping this back up to the top.
propaniack
Thanks, we are 1.79 currently with no contracts delivery fees etc. and will change out the competitors tank for free. i do not know what the price will do this winter, Propane (now a days) tend to follow Crud oil prices. supply and demand can affect it,, But its any ones guess. I do recommend filling now at this price and keeping it ass full as possible .

I do not recommend exchange places for 20ld cylinders, you get shorted over a gallon,. I recommend Brazos Valley welding on 2818 in Bryan for a fair deal on cylinder refill. .

Always available to talk propane,... Albert 979 325 9254
propaniack
propaniack said:

Thanks, we are 1.79 currently with no contracts delivery fees etc. and will change out the competitors tank for free. i do not know what the price will do this winter, Propane (now a days) tend to follow Crud oil prices. supply and demand can affect it,, But its any ones guess. I do recommend filling now at this price and keeping it as full as possible .

I do not recommend exchange places for 20ld cylinders, you get shorted over a gallon,. I recommend Brazos Valley welding on 2818 in Bryan for a fair deal on cylinder refill. .

Always available to talk propane,... Albert 979 325 9254
BlueMiles
AG
Thank you for the recommendation.
JustPanda
AG
Damn, y'all pay a lot in CS. I'm at .7685/lb in Katy.
SumAggie
FlyRod said:

Propane prices are set to plummet under Trumpus Maximus Porcinus. I'm already shopping for a new grill!
ha ha......
deh40
AG
What is the current price of propane in College Station?
Prescient
We use Sharp Propane, they owned the tanks when we moved in, so we're locked in with them unless we want to pay to dig up their tanks and have them replaced. Just had them (we have two, one for the pool, one for the house) and paid $2.30 per gallon.

It's high, but don't think I have much of a choice given the costs to switch. All providers get their propane from the Mont Belvieu hub, and are paying $.698 (today) for a gallon of propane. Anything over that is profit for your provider.

If I could switch to Star, I would. In a heart beat. But, it would have only saved me $43 bucks this last time and I don't fill them that often. It would take a long time to recover the transition costs.
kyledr04
AG
Paid 1.99 yesterday on my refill from Texas Propane. They've been good so far.
propaniack
can you just quite using them and have another co install a above ground tank? Id read the contract closely.
propaniack
Star Tex is currently 1.89 per gallon.
samsal75
AG
Albert, what is StarTex current rate for propane? Thanks much.
propaniack
we were 2.05 last week now 1.99 ,our purchase price is mostly rising, but hit a bit of a bump this week, Hope it goes down more. fell free to call. 979 325 9254 Albert
propaniack
Prices are currently dropping ,Now at 1.79 per gallon. Dont get overcharged. some co's are charging over 3.00 per gallon.
TexAg1987
propaniack said:

Prices are currently dropping ,Now at 1.79 per gallon. Dont get overcharged. some co's are charging over 3.00 per gallon.
Amerigas just offered to fill my tank for $3.07

TexAg1987
What does that work out to for setting a new tank and a fill?

I am almost at 0% and need to kick Amerigas to the curb.
TexAg1987
Albert set my new tank today. Very pleased.

Happy to recommend them. Happy to be done with Amerigas.
Jetty
AG
Albert is a good guy!
WheelinAg
AG
Albert still around? I called the number he left and got an out of service message.
propaniack
still around , Our Current price is 2.10 per gallon, phone is working, its not a local # so if dialing from a Land line you would need to dial 1 . 979 325 9254
Thank you
Albert
WheelinAg
AG
Thanks, I'll be calling once we get settled into our new house.
CSTXAg92
AG
I live in Austin and use Direct Propane as they are Aggie owned (father) and operated (two sons) as I understand it. On 4/4/18, 200+ gallons is $2.20 / gallon.
samsal75
AG
Just had Albert from StarTex swap out my AmeriGas tank. Finally got tired of dealing with AmeriGas and paying way too much.
Thanks much Albert.
deh40
AG
What's is the current price of propane in BCS?
propaniack
deh40 said:

What's is the current price of propane in BCS?
Star Tex propane is currently 2.15 per gallon, (not a Introductory price) some companies are currently as Much as 3.50 per gallon.. we are beating our toughest competition by as much as 20 cent and more. No delivery fees, 979 325 9254 fell free to Call, Albert
Expert Analysis
AG
Sharp is $2.49/gal on their auto refill plan. I think I only have one more year on this leased tank that came with the house...
propaniack
Star Tex Propane just lower its price In BCS to 1.99 per gallon, I have never Seen ANY propane company drop their price in the winter except Star Tex. Best to fill up now.. 979 325 9254
EBrazosAg
AG
When I left Amerigas they left their tank for nearly a year. Had to call 3 times to get it removed. Nothing like good service and paying twice as much per pound.......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.