COSTCO

18,753 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
AggiePirate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
It's going to be built at the Renaissance Festival as part of the new Disney park that is going in there now that Disney owns the TRF. This way they don't have to worry about the CS City Council not approving it because it (a)has orange or (b) doesn't have maroon in the design.

I heard that a CS City Council member tried to buy up the COSTCO franchise to keep it from happening, but was afraid that it would just land in Bryan, so he backed off.
No blue stars for this? C'mon now.

Well, you get one from me.
But you gave a winky face?
rc_cat
quote:
quote:
addictedtocostco.com doesn't show anything in Texas as rumored locations other than Midland/Odessa and Corpus Christi.
They're building one in Humble as we speak.
Yes - that one shows up in the new locations list - with an opening date sometime (spring?) in 2016. The other two locations are the only ones showing up in the "rumored" section of the site.
jac4
AG
$86 million is insane. Guess we won't be getting a CostCo here ever.

I wonder what the national average in yearly sales for Sam's club is and about what our local store does per year.
UmustBKidding
Not a direct measurement but $/sq foot a good Sams club makes about 1/2 per of what a Costco store of similar size makes, but most make about 1/3. All the Sams/Walmart followers are hoping Sams can make up the difference since it would make for a huge increase in the walmart share price.
The Original AG 76
AG
If you look at Houston with only 7 locations ( including Woodlands) its pretty easy to see why BCS is unlikely to get a store for a long time. I think that , as Harris County grows ( finally) out the 290- Grand Parkway corridor , the best shot for Brazos County is one in far NW Harris County. BUT this will be a LONG way off as there will need to be a LOT of growth out this direction to fit their business model.
originaltexan
Think of a Mercedes or Ferrari dealership coming to town.

The local and surrounding areas simply don't support that notion.
thefarcus
quote:
We may or may not get a Costco, but this community is often underestimated by retailers, IMO.

Especially Trader Joe's! I'd love one of those here.
TXAGBQ76
AG
If "by the same as Sam's" you Costco has better merchandise, is cleaner, more brightly lit, more knowledgable employees, more friendly employees, pay their employees better, offer vastly greater benefits, etc., then you are correct.
Hittag1492
AG
originaltexan said:

Think of a Mercedes or Ferrari dealership coming to town.

The local and surrounding areas simply don't support that notion.

Mercedes dealership under construction right now...
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Holy thread bump, Batman
BrazosDog02
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

If "by the same as Sam's" you Costco has better merchandise, is cleaner, more brightly lit, more knowledgable employees, more friendly employees, pay their employees better, offer vastly greater benefits, etc., then you are correct.

Disagree. We switched to Costco to try. It's not the same or as good as sams. We found items they didn't even carry and it has this goofy organic fee to all the stuff. Not a fan. I don't want a bag of overpriced organic lettuce that I'm going to pay More for. I want a bag of freakin lettuce for cheap, don't make it into something it's not.

Some like it , we do mot prefer it.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I don't buy lettuce there so I'm in pretty good shape with Costco. If I need lettuce I don't go where I need to pay an annual fee, I just go to Heb, Kroger's, Farmers Market etc.
momlaw
AG
Yes, and I do on occasion. Online prices are sometimes higher, even with "free shipping".
momlaw
TexasAggie_02
AG
I would rather have a Bucees
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.