COSTCO

18,709 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TexasAggie_02
bryanhome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else heard the rumor of Costco coming to Bryan?
PS3D
Costco rumors have been circulating for years. Don't hold your breath.
duffelpud
AG
WildlifeAg02
I spoke with an all-knowing Dollar Tree employee last week who said the construction crew told her they were indeed putting in a Costco. So....yeah. It's gotta be true now, right??

Costco's website does not concur.

Yet.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Nothing pending with either city as far as permits etc...

Just had COSTCOS frozen mac n cheese this weekend. It was pretty awesome.
TXCityGirl
The new one in Katy is a quick drive down the tollway. Highly recommend!
dgonzo99
Heard the same rumor from a lady at work. Have heard that a lot of new stores are planned for the area around the Bryan Target. Of course, it may be like Pappadeux's and new materialize.
ro828
Possibly after the new Interstate highway is built. Until then, not likely.
bcstx06
I also heard that COSTCO was looking to build near the Bryan Target. Also many other retailers including a trampoline/bounce facility. There is a 4 story high end hotel that should have already started construction in that same center.
harrierdoc
AG
What is so great about Costco? I've never been to one. Are they different than Sam's club?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
What is so great about Costco? I've never been to one. Are they different than Sam's club?

About the same prices but the quality and selection are better.
Ornlu
AG
I've been, and wasn't impressed. Seems identical to Sam's club IMO. If the statements of my friends who rave about Costco are typical of the general polulace, it's more about their progressive corporate policies and political statements than their customer experience.
dgonzo99
The Sam's here could use some competition. The quality and selection of items has really gone down. Costco is better.
DeckMe80
This is my Sams experience:
1) Shop at Sams and find a product I really like.
2) Buy it.
3) Return to shop and buy the product repeatedly.
4) Return to shop and find they no longer carry said item--forever.
5) Repeat.

If Costco offers a more customer-friendly business model, I will be there.
MadDog73
AG
I have experience with both and I prefer Costco mainly for product selection.
AG @ HEART
quote:
Heard the same rumor from a lady at work. Have heard that a lot of new stores are planned for the area around the Bryan Target. Of course, it may be like Pappadeux's and new materialize.

Saw that they have the area next to the dollar tree general whatever fenced off in preparation for ground work, so something is coming soon.
bcstx06
Okay here is what I have heard. The new construction is a part of a new development that is connected to the Bryan Target center called The Shops At Brazos Valley. This development will eventually stretch all the way to University Drive. Some of the new stores include Pet Supplies Plus, and I here also maybe a Urban Air Trampoline Park ......COSTO!!!!

But if this is true, the COSTCO part, why hasn't anything officially been said? I mean this would be big for the city of Bryan. Maybe they are waiting until the first of the year to make the announcement, to start the year off with a big new retailer coming to town. Who knows?

Does anyone in the know want to give us a hint?

rc_cat
addictedtocostco.com doesn't show anything in Texas as rumored locations other than Midland/Odessa and Corpus Christi.
dgonzo99
COSTCO would do really well here. Sam's is not any way near as good as they used to be, which explains why COSTCO is killing them nationally. A site near both cities would be the best. I would gladly cancel my Sam's card and get one from COSTCO.
GoneGirl
AG
It's going to be built at the Renaissance Festival as part of the new Disney park that is going in there now that Disney owns the TRF. This way they don't have to worry about the CS City Council not approving it because it (a)has orange or (b) doesn't have maroon in the design.

I heard that a CS City Council member tried to buy up the COSTCO franchise to keep it from happening, but was afraid that it would just land in Bryan, so he backed off.

GoneGirl
AG
quote:
addictedtocostco.com doesn't show anything in Texas as rumored locations other than Midland/Odessa and Corpus Christi.
They're building one in Humble as we speak.
originaltexan
The traffic and demographics in this county would not support a Costco.
supermanrv
AG
I think Costco would do really well in BCS. I hope this is true.
TellMeMore
Please read what oringinaltexan has written, and recall it often.
While this is a wonderful place to live, you will in fact have to drive at least 15 miles to spend money at many companies that require greater population density then we have here. It's not that they don't like us, but they do have a business plan they follow for success.
dgonzo99
quote:
The traffic and demographics in this county would not support a Costco.

I totally disagree. There are over 200,000 people in Brazos County. I know of quite a few people in this area that travel to Houston to go to COSTCO. The quality of merchandise is much higher at COSTCO. Better to pay a little more on something that will last a long time, than get a much lower quality product at Sam's that won't last a year.
UmustBKidding
Ok just a data point. An average Costco warehouse brings in $86Million dollars a year. With your 200,000 population number that means everyone in the county will have to spend $430/yr to get to their average store. And they are trying to grow the average size of stores, not maintain. Their typical location does double the revenue of a Sam's club., so being big enough for Sam's not insufficient. Their real estate agent says their requirements are, Large affluent base of customers, Very large small business community and low real estate prices. Dallas does not have a Costco because of the last one. I fully expect they will get one before we get one here locally.

cadetjay02
AG
Yes, there is a growing population in Brazos County, but it's nothing compared to the population and financial demographics of the other Costco locations in TX. Not gonna happen!
techno-ag
AG
We may or may not get a Costco, but this community is often underestimated by retailers, IMO.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
waterchick
quote:
It's going to be built at the Renaissance Festival as part of the new Disney park that is going in there now that Disney owns the TRF. This way they don't have to worry about the CS City Council not approving it because it (a)has orange or (b) doesn't have maroon in the design.

I heard that a CS City Council member tried to buy up the COSTCO franchise to keep it from happening, but was afraid that it would just land in Bryan, so he backed off.
No blue stars for this? C'mon now.

Well, you get one from me.
Builder93
AG
The next phase of the Target shopping center is starting. It will be more of the same. Saw the plans....I'm getting so tired of the sameness everywhere.
dgonzo99
quote:
We may or may not get a Costco, but this community is often underestimated by retailers, IMO.
SARATOGA
you know you can order from costco.com right ?
bcstx06
quote:
The next phase of the Target shopping center is starting. It will be more of the same. Saw the plans....I'm getting so tired of the sameness everywhere.
Can you elaborate?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.