***Official Brazos Valley High School Football Thread***

43,748 Views | 346 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nickstro66
nickstro66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any interest in having a thread to discuss high school football in the Brazos Valley for this coming season? I had never really seen this done in the past so I thought I'd start it up if y'all are interested.
ChampsAg
Navasota Rattlers all the way to state. Back to back.

#RattlerNation #StateChampions
Bryanisbest
AG
Vikings with 3rd year starting run/throw QB who led them to undefeated district and three games deep in playoffs last year. They also have best front seven on D and O line they have had in at least 10 years. Will probably be better than last year. Weakness if any is in secondary. Running backs will be good.
EVA3
AG
Go Vikings!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Cougar Ball! Purple is the new maroon!
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Cougar Football
nickstro66
AG
Think College Station will win their district this year?
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Most projections seem to think College Station or Bryan will
Oogway
Battle of the QBs will be interesting. What kind of nondistrict opponents do the teams have? Some folks look at those games to see how the players with less experience step up.
CS QB sure has the eyes on him this year. Mr. Huff must be pretty happy he has him for two years...
EVA3
AG
quote:
What kind of nondistrict opponents do the teams have?

Bryan:

@ Montgomery
Conroe
@ Temple
EVA3
AG
CS:

Rosenberg Terry
@ Waco
@ Elgin
EVA3
AG
Consol:

Copperas Cove
@ Richmond Foster
Fort Bend Elkins
EVA3
AG
Rudder:

Killeen Shoemaker
@ Killeen Ellison
Cedar Creek
CactusThomas
AG
quote:
Think College Station will win their district this year?

Duh.
CactusThomas
AG
quote:
Navasota Rattlers all the way to state. Back to back.

#RattlerNation #StateChampions
nickstro66
AG
It'll be interesting to see how Rudder competes this year. I've heard a lot of great things about their coaching staff.
CactusThomas
AG
quote:
Vikings with 3rd year starting run/throw QB who led them to undefeated district and three games deep in playoffs last year. They also have best front seven on D and O line they have had in at least 10 years. Will probably be better than last year. Weakness if any is in secondary. Running backs will be good.

How on earth are they going to be better without Lil keke?
Z3ph7r
Keke is going to be a huge loss, this is the year for CSHS
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Don't think they'll be better without Keekee at running back but B.J. Ross is a great quarterback
Oogway
I would like to watch close, exciting football games. Defenses that wrap up on the tackle and stand their ground and offenses that are crisp and clean whether running or throwing. I would especially like to see the fans of District 18-5A compete to see who can behave with the most POSITIVE spirit and win or lose with class. Back in the day, it seemed there were only a few fans who behaved poorly, but fans who jeer instead of cheer have pretty much ruined a lot of high school sports for me. The adage that "this is the way it is in _____" doesn't fly with me.

Regardless of whether it is a team for which my children play(ed), I would like to be proud of the team(s) this community sends to the playoffs as representatives of superlative qualities that are indicative of more that just a win-loss record.

Oh, and volleyball looks to be pretty exciting this year, too!
nickstro66
AG
I'm a coach at Allen Academy and we opened up practice last week. Hoping for another great season this year!
w8liftr
But can any of the BCS schools beat Navasota?
CactusThomas
AG
quote:

No
nickstro66
AG
quote:
I'd be curious to see how they'd matchup against the B/CS schools. I'm sure they'd be fun games.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
If any BCS teams could beat Navasota, it'd be College Station or Bryan. CSHS has an extraordinary secondary this year (would make things easier with locking down Tren) and Bryan always fields an athletic team.
CactusThomas
AG
Only guys that can lock down Tren are Ty Swoopes and Jerrod Heard.
nickstro66
AG
Is the new stadium that was built at Rudder just a subvarsity stadium?
Bryanisbest
AG
Actually I think only a new artificial surface field not new stadium at Rudder. All games at Merrill Green which is receiving a new press box by 2016 season.
nickstro66
AG
Looks like KBTX is picking Consol to win the district. What do y'all think about that?
DWren
quote:
Looks like KBTX is picking Consol to win the district. What do y'all think about that?

No way .. Yeah it's a pretty weak district but I don't see how anyone could pick Consol with how bad their defense was last year
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Most places such as Dave Campbell's magazine and BRYCOL think College Station will win it. Bryan and College Station are the frontrunners to win district. Consol does have a dangerous offense with Tyri Merchant at running back and returns Mason Hickson at quarterback and David Gan/Cade Williams at Wide Receiver, but defense may hurt consol a bit
halibut sinclair
VIKINGS FTW.
Spyderman
AG
quote:
Tiger Fight Baby!
CactusThomas
AG
So what game are y'all going to watch next week?

Looks like the Ratts don't play til Saturday. I may go to Kyle Field North to see Cedar Park vs Aledo on Friday. If I stay in town I will probably check out CSHS vs Rosenberg Terry.

Some other notable games next week outside Brazos Valley:

Allen vs Denton Guyer 6A
Abilene Wylie vs Argyle 4A
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Consol vs Cove and CSHS vs Terry should be good ones

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.