***Official Brazos Valley High School Football Thread***

44,051 Views | 346 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nickstro66
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
George Ranch 41--Bryan 21
Um, strike that George Ranch 48--Bryan 28 w/about 4 mins left in game.
OnlyANobody
Final - G. Ranch 48, Vikings 28
OnlyANobody
Beginning of second half, Ridge Point 13, Consol 7...
drivinwest
AG
Tied 21-21 now.
kevmiller
28-22 RP
9 min left

Consol has had some terrible play calling tonight ( really they have all season).
Really bad tonight
Option left
Option right
Option left
Option right
lol
OnlyANobody
Ridge Point wins against Consol 35-27
6-4-3
AG
Hung tough with Ridge Point. They have more Division 1 talent and more depth than Consol and Ridge Point will be 6A next year. Bryan and Consol played well against two very talent rich schools. Good job to all 3 local high schools on outstanding seasons.
w8liftr
Are any of the surrounding area schools still playing?
Aggie
AG
Bremond
Franklin
Cameron
w8liftr
Where are Bremond, Franklin & Cameron You playing thus week?
pudge
quote:
28-22 RP
9 min left

Consol has had some terrible play calling tonight ( really they have all season).
Really bad tonight
Option left
Option right
Option left
Option right
lol

Well then go talk to the coaches since you sound like such an offensive guru, and while you're at it, maybe you can give the coaches at TAMU advice too.
Oogway
quote:
Where are Bremond, Franklin & Cameron You playing thus week?
On another note: W8liftr--I hope you don't mind, but I am going to have a little fun with your Spellcheck (or typo) here because I have a fondness for unique team names and mascots. The Yoe of Cameron are special, for sure, but perhaps you are on to something here using "You" instead. If there are any new high schools coming on line in the near future, perhaps they should consider using it (i.e. Brazos Valley HS You, instead of the Brazos Valley HS Bears, etc.).

After a game:
"Did You win?"
"No, You lost."
"What?"

It could add a 'Who's on first' element to the Monday morning quarterbacking that might prove entertaining.
Aggie
AG
quote:
Random question, do y'all think Kyle will ever host high school games again or has it now become too expensive?

2 playoff games at Kyle this weekend.
Friday 7pm Mathis vs Hitchcock
Saturday 2pm lake Travis vs Rockwall
kevmiller
Franklin, Cameron and Bremond all playing for state titles this week.
Bryanisbest
AG
Bryan was defeated by George Ranch by 20 points by a score I believe was 28-48. G Ranch then won the State Championship game 56-0. Without a bad call and a couple mistakes the Vikings could have beaten Ranch. This means Bryan and both College Starion teams were not that far away from going the distance. The Vikings have the talent coming even down as far as this years 8th grade class. Ross Rogers and his staff have really done a job turning the Bryan program around.

On another subject, I heard that CSISD has decided to allow CS High to grow beyond the cut off for 6A in 2018 in order to eliminate the hostility between CS High and Consol. Consol would remain 5A. Anyone in CS heard this?
Bryanisbest
AG
quote:
Bryan was defeated by George Ranch by 20 points by a score I believe was 28-48. G Ranch then won the State Championship game 56-0. Without a bad call and a couple mistakes the Vikings could have beaten Ranch. This means Bryan and both College Station teams were not that far away from going the distance. The Vikings have the talent coming even down as far as this years 8th grade class. Ross Rogers and his staff have really done a job turning the Bryan program around.

On another subject, I heard that CSISD has decided to allow CS High to grow beyond the cut off for 6A in 2018 in order to eliminate the hostility between CS High and Consol. Consol would remain 5A. Anyone in CS heard this?
EVA3
AG
quote:
Bryan was defeated by George Ranch by 20 points by a score I believe was 28-48. G Ranch then won the State Championship game 56-0. Without a bad call and a couple mistakes the Vikings could have beaten Ranch. This means Bryan and both College Starion teams were not that far away from going the distance. The Vikings have the talent coming even down as far as this years 8th grade class. Ross Rogers and his staff have really done a job turning the Bryan program around.

The transitive property doesn't really apply to football. I've seen all of the local teams this year and I don't think any of them are close to building what George Ranch has had the past couple of years. As a Bryan Viking, I'd love to see it, but I don't think any local teams are there yet. That said, I think the Bryan and CS programs are on the right track and moving in the right direction.

As for growing CSHS intentionally to 6A to eliminate hostility, I have not heard anything about that. I haven't seen anything to indicate hostility among any of the local schools that would rise to the level of a real problem.

What I have seen is the development of some fun local rivalries. I used to think that having four local schools in the same district would take away from the excitement of high school football. I was wrong.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
As for growing CSHS intentionally to 6A to eliminate hostility, I have not heard anything about that. I haven't seen anything to indicate hostility among any of the local schools that would rise to the level of a real problem.

What I have seen is the development of some fun local rivalries. I used to think that having four local schools in the same district would take away from the excitement of high school football. I was wrong.
+1 on that.

I think it would be a shame to have one high school go to 6A. It is fun to play the other high schools in sports and even compete in other areas (e.g. Marching Band...as a band parent we enjoy competing against, and cheering for, the other local schools.) And staying in 5A means...well, we'll be competing in 5A not 6A (against tougher competition...)

On the other hand at some point if the population keeps rising 6A will be inevitable, no?
The Ragonk Strikes Back
The Ragonk Strikes Back
Fonzie Scheme
AG
No truth to intentionally growing CSHS past Consol. Both schools are similar capacity and are designed to grow at the same pace. It is the most cost-effective solution.
Aggie
AG
quote:
Bryan was defeated by George Ranch by 20 points by a score I believe was 28-48. G Ranch then won the State Championship game 56-0. Without a bad call and a couple mistakes the Vikings could have beaten Ranch. This means Bryan and both College Starion teams were not that far away from going the distance.

Ehh slow down there. While CS, Bryan and Consol all had nice seasons you can't just assume they " not far away from going distance" because the team that eliminated them won state and score was closer. Every game is different and not indicative of the next. All 3 local schools were still 3 wins away from advancing to a state final and 4 wins away from winning one... That's a lot of football to be played.
One thing I will say as somebody who has watched a lot of HS football over the past 25+ years.. With so many new high schools opening up around the state, HS football in Texas has taken a hit, it's watered down now. Still fun and exciting but You don't see the level of play on a team basis you did 10-15-20 years ago.
dfphotos
hostility? did someone get their feelings hurt?
EVA3
AG
quote:
quote:
Bryan was defeated by George Ranch by 20 points by a score I believe was 28-48. G Ranch then won the State Championship game 56-0. Without a bad call and a couple mistakes the Vikings could have beaten Ranch. This means Bryan and both College Starion teams were not that far away from going the distance.

Ehh slow down there. While CS, Bryan and Consol all had nice seasons you can't just assume they " not far away from going distance" because the team that eliminated them won state and score was closer. Every game is different and not indicative of the next. All 3 local schools were still 3 wins away from advancing to a state final and 4 wins away from winning one... That's a lot of football to be played.
One thing I will say as somebody who has watched a lot of HS football over the past 25+ years.. With so many new high schools opening up around the state, HS football in Texas has taken a hit, it's watered down now. Still fun and exciting but You don't see the level of play on a team basis you did 10-15-20 years ago.

You also used to have to win your district to advance to the playoffs, and each class only had one division. Every team in the playoffs was a district champion. Second place sat at home.
Bryanisbest
AG
Glad to hear CS High will not be going 6A. Guess the rumor I heard was false. I also like the four local schools competing with each other.
Oogway
Larry Bowen (BCS Eagle) mentioned that the 'Old Coach' forum is projecting the four local 5A schools to be aligned with Temple, Waco, Waco University, and Brenham.
EVA3
AG
quote:
Larry Bowen (BCS Eagle) mentioned that the 'Old Coach' forum is projecting the four local 5A schools to be aligned with Temple, Waco, Waco University, and Brenham.

Wow. That would be a very competitive district.
TAMU1990
AG
I don't see that happening - two years ago Temple was just under the 6A cutoff. I find it hard to believe that they haven't gained enough population to surpass that.

As for allowing CSHS to grow past Consol, I think that is going to happen anyway. CSHS is way ahead of its growth expectations and the schools are about the same size now. If the zoning patterns stay the same, the real estate sales show excessive growth in the CSHS zone vs the Consol's zone. The new houses are going up in large numbers in the CSHS zone, not Consol. You can sell your house in days (sometimes hours) in the CSHS, months or not at all in the Consol's zone. Houses cost more on the CSHS side - compare resales from both sides and you will be surprised with the difference. The school board set up this problem and they should be held accountable.

gibby03
AG
Temple is staying in 5A so it's definitely an option.

However, the last two zoning periods it's been rumored Bryan and Consol would move back in with Temple and company so it makes sense they would just lump all 4 schools in.

It's always rumored because of the way they start the placement of districts and when it gets to this area it all depends on what's happened to the towns west of us. If they can make a full district before it gets to B/CS then these 4 schools go East, like last time. If they can't fill the districts west of us then there's the chance these 4 schools get put in with Temple and the others.

Could it happen? Sure. Do I think it's going to happen? Probably not.
Oogway
The cutoff number for 5A is 2149 I think. Temple squeezed under that but they were close to the cutoff on the last realignment too, IIRC. I guess when the Districts are sorted out and posted in February we will know who is where. If the speculation were to prove true, it would certainly be an interesting two years.
Aggie
AG
quote:

As for allowing CSHS to grow past Consol, I think that is going to happen anyway. CSHS is way ahead of its growth expectations and the schools are about the same size now. If the zoning patterns stay the same, the real estate sales show excessive growth in the CSHS zone vs the Consol's zone. The new houses are going up in large numbers in the CSHS zone, not Consol. You can sell your house in days (sometimes hours) in the CSHS, months or not at all in the Consol's zone. Houses cost more on the CSHS side - compare resales from both sides and you will be surprised with the difference. The school board set up this problem and they should be held accountable.

Agreed that CSHS without question will outgrow Consol if the boundary lines remain the same... And it won't even be close.
Oogway
CSISD will most likely rezone at the fifth grade through 12 grade level when the third intermediate school is completed in 2017, correct? Even with 6% growth per year as it has been lately, the second high school will not be overburdened. It is designed to hold something like 2200 students I think.

Edit to add-'overburdened prior to rezoning'
victory
AG
If this district holds true, the 4 local schools will be playing Austin area schools the first round of playoffs
nickstro66
AG
Any coaching changes or anything like that happening? I have not heard of any so far but wanted to see if anyone else had
gibby03
AG
None of the Head Coach's of the local 4 HS' are going anywhere at this point. Don't see any leaving to be honest.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.