***Official Brazos Valley High School Football Thread***

44,010 Views | 346 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nickstro66
barney94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FYI the Brazos Christian first round playoff game vs TSD is at home, Friday at 7.
lockett93
AG
BCS lost to TSFD 48-40. Tough loss...
CactusThomas
AG
Navasota and both college station schools won big today.
gibby03
AG
Bryan beats Manor 31-21 to advance to play Magnolia West next Friday. Same as last year, play at Waller.
nickstro66
AG
Match-ups for round 2 of playoffs:

CSHS vs North Forest in Spring

Consol vs Magnolia in Waller on Thursday

Bryan vs Magnolia West in Waller

Calvert vs Jonesboro in McGregor

Navasota vs Jasper
Stupe
S
CSHS is at Spring High School.

6 south to Navasota
105 east to Conroe
45 south to Spring.
Take the CypressWood exit and turn left under 45.

Give yourself a little extra time due to the road construction on 45 in the Woodlands area.
w8liftr
Are there any good playoff games being hosted by any BCS schools this week?
nickstro66
AG
Random question, do y'all think Kyle will ever host high school games again or has it now become too expensive?
dman2217
Temple vs Houston Stratford is playing at M. Green Friday and Pflugerville Hendrickson vs Spring is at CSHS Friday. Westlake vs The Woodlands is Saturday at M. Green
Aggie
AG
quote:
Random question, do y'all think Kyle will ever host high school games again or has it now become too expensive?

Like to see it happen.
Kyle has never hosted a lot of playoff games but did host fair share prior to the construction.
Aggie
AG
Westlake vs The Woodlands Saturday afternoon at Bryan should be a great game
gibby03
AG
Kyle won't host too many games because it's so dang expensive to play there. Bryan and Consol stopped playing there because the crowds were getting smaller and smaller in turn making ticket sales less and less. It costs something like $15K just to use the stadium. Your going to have to get crowds for games there of probably 5,000 plus to make it affordable for the schools to pay rental price, pay the officials and still make a profit or break even.

Plus, when your talking about 5,000 plus attendance at playoff games your probably getting into the 3rd or 4th rounds and the way the regions are set up Kyle isn't a good midway point for those schools. The reason Merrill Green gets so many contests early in the playoffs is because it's big enough to host schools like The Woodland and Spring and Austin Westlake crowds and it's a "big stadium" for small schools.

So in short, to me, your going to have a hard time getting games at Kyle for a few reasons. Cost of playing there and schedule conflicts with the A&M schedule.
drivinwest
AG
Consol up 49-0.
Aggie
AG
Consol won 49-0
Advances next round - likely at NRG Reliant Stadium.
gibby03
AG
It will be the 28th @ NRG @ 5 pm against the winner of Crosby and Fort Bend Ridge Point. Already agreed upon between the 4 schools before Consol even played tonight.
Oogway
Congratulations to Consol on their playoff victory. Good luck to the Vikings and Cougars and the other teams playing tonight.

Oh, and congratulations also to the Iola volleyball team on their state championship trophy!
OnlyANobody
Vikings win!! Bryan Vikings 37, Magnolia West Mustangs 21
Maveric
AG
So when and where are the next games for Bryan, Consol and CSHS?
CactusThomas
AG
Navasota picks up its 28th consecutive win. Cheeseburger Jones with a huge tfl on a critical 4th down - looked like daylon mack.
jiffer
AG
College Station will face Angleton in the 3rd round of playoffs on Friday, November 27th @ 7pm at Woodforest Bank Stadium in Shenendoah, TX (the Woodlands)
gibby03
AG
No official word for Bryan yet.
gibby03
AG
Bryan v George Ranch will be played next Saturday, the 28th, at the University of Houston at TEDCU field. Time TBA, but will probably be early afternoon
Stupe
S
Looking ahead, the weather for CSHS / Angleton is predicted to be in the upper 50's with rain.
Oogway
quote:
Navasota picks up its 28th consecutive win. Cheeseburger Jones with a huge tfl on a critical 4th down - looked like daylon mack.
This. This is a great nickname. Congratulations to Navasota on their win and moving on to the next round. I have to admit I was surprised that there was not that much hoopla in the paper about the state record being broken (by ****son). Yes, there was a lead-up article in the Eagle and it was mentioned in the game summary, but Navasota has garnered so many superlatives I am beginning to think the sportswriters have become too accustomed to the team's success. I suppose this is a good problem to have! Anyway, congrats on your win.

Congratulations to the 'big three' that will get to play past Thanksgiving. Playing in the cold, damp, mess and rain builds character, Stupe, an important part of education, right? As a fan, make the most of the opportunity and leave the comforts and cocoa behind as you sit in solidarity with the players on the field. Bonus points for no hat or jacket. (jk) Good luck to the teams (and their fans). Represent the Valley with good play and sportsmanship.

*As an aside, I hope the injured students from Temple recover fully. (bus accident on way to their playoff game) How scary for a parent!
Stupe
S
I'll sit in solidarity with the players.

Under my blanket and poncho with one thermos of coffee and another thermos of hot chocolate.
Aggie
AG
quote:

If Consol and CS can both find a way to win next week.. It will very likely set up a game at Kyle Field.
That would be too big a game to play elsewhere and the crowd for that potential game would likely rival the Consol-Bryan crowds at Kyle in the 90's.
Yeah I know... Getting way ahead of myself.
Bryanisbest
AG
I don't see how Bryan can beat George Ranch. They had tremendous talent size and quickness last year. Lot of juniors coming back
gibby03
AG
quote:
I don't see how Bryan can beat George Ranch. They had tremendous talent size and quickness last year. Lot of juniors coming back

That's why you play the game huh?
Bryanisbest
AG
quote:
quote:

That's why you play the game huh?

You got it, Gibby
victory
AG
Consol will play Saturday 5:30 at NRG (reliant) Stadium against 9-3 Ridge Point who beat Crosby 42-14. Crosby was previously unbeaten and 2nd ranked team in class 5A.
gibby03
AG
Bryan v George Ranch Saturday Nov. 28th at TDECU Stadium at the University of Houston at 4PM. Highly doubt there will be a crowd but hopefully so.
The Ragonk Strikes Back
Aggie
AG
College Station and Navasota both go down tonight

Angleton 38, CS 22
Carthage 55, Navasota 48
Oogway
Bryan game tied 21 all. Second quarter.
Haricougar
AG
quote:
Bryan game tied 21 all. Second quarter.
Any update?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.