***Official Brazos Valley High School Football Thread***

44,058 Views | 346 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nickstro66
EVA3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OnlyANobody
Vikings over Caney Creek 42-0 Final
drivinwest
AG
Any update on Consol/CSHS?
Maveric
AG
24-17 final, College Station High School wins
drivinwest
AG
Thanks. Dang.
kevmiller
Consol/ CS was a great game... But absolutely horrendous play calling by consol in the 4th quarter.
With 8 minutes left consol was facing 4th and 1 from the CS 37 yard line and elected to punt. Made no sense at all.. The defense had actually played a great 2nd half and ok sure that's why they elected to punt , let the defense get the ball back... But if you have confidence in the defense getting ball back from the punt you should have the confidence in them if you don't convert as well.
Leave it all on the field Coach . That was a gutless move and I'm sure was an emotional letdown for the players also.
TAMU1990
AG
I said the same thing - and the punt went into the endzone. Not much yardage to gain.
TAMU1990
AG
I think it was 4th and 2, but if you run on 3rd down you are going for it on 4th down.
6-4-3
AG
Difficult fourth down call given the momentum and field position at the time but that Consol coaching staff gets a LOT out of the talent they have. Some speed and great attitude. Actually credit to coaching staffs for both schools. Very fundamentally sound teams. The early turnovers hurt and I thought some of the play calling was due (in part) to very very good secondary play by CSHS and also one or two defensive ends who were making life difficult (especially on one side of the line). People never want to give credit to the other 11 guys wearing different color jerseys who make plays look bad. I was impressed with CSHS defense and the toughness of a Consol defense that has improved as the season has progressed. It will be good to follow the Tigers in the playoffs because they play so hard.
victory
AG
They play hard so reward your kids and give them the opportunity to get one yard. If they don't get the yard you put your defense on the field and let them continue to play well. It was a difference of 18 yards and an opportunity to show trust in your players to either get the yard or if they don't that's ok bc the defense is playing well. You could hear the collective sigh from the consol sideline when the punt team ran out there.... Over the boos from the consol fans which I didn't agree with but can understand the frustration. Coach to win the game!!
Aggie
AG
Someone should tell the consol offensive staff they can use the middle of the field. They can throw something besides a 5 and out.
And agree.. Very pitiful play calling and not going for it on that 4th down was a head scratcher.

6-4-3
AG
They have used the middle of the field often and effectively throughout the season. It won a game against Huntsville for example. Each week is different and much of the credit goes to the team on the other side. Consol had 3 possessions in the last several minutes of play and tried an assortment of different plays but there was a good pass rush, a dropped pass and some tough field position. Without the turnovers and bad start Consol may win that game. Tough sledding in the trenches for most of the night.
Stupe
S
quote:
Someone should tell the consol offensive staff they can use the middle of the field. They can throw something besides a 5 and out.
And agree.. Very pitiful play calling and not going for it on that 4th down was a head scratcher.

They couldn't throw to the middle of field. CS had that clogged because they were getting good pressure with their line and were dropping the LB's into coverage.
gibby03
AG
Bryan v College Station & Rudder v Consol has been moved to Thursday 10/29 due to weather concerns on Friday.
nickstro66
AG
Did not realize the weather was supposed to be that bad on Friday
dman2217
I believe its 100% chance of rain Friday night. Possible flooding conditions with strong winds. It's not the winds that would make them cancel IMO but the threat of severe thunderstorms. Just guessing though.
victory
AG
not sure of this new phenomenon of moving games up in the week bc of a forecast. These field are turf..what happened to playing football in the rain? If it lightnings just wait out the delay and if its too bad postpone it to Saturday afternoon.
victory
AG
weather.com, intellicast and underground all saying 50% chance of rain Friday evening
Aggie
AG
Dp
gibby03
AG
The weather forecasted for Friday and Saturday call for HEAVY thunderstorms and LIGHTNING starting around 3 or 4 PM Friday evening and continuing through Saturday. The districts (both CSISD and BISD) agreed to move the game up because they didn't want to fall into the situation that a lot of schools up in the DFW area had last week.

Your right, playing in rain is one thing, but you CAN NOT play in lightning per UIL rules and safety rules. So, they didn't want to "wait it out" and then move it back to Saturday. Good chance the game isn't played Saturday according to weather models either. As a matter of fact, there's a good chance the A&M game is delayed because of this weather as well.

So, then you have schools moving games back to Monday and then turning around Friday to play another game as they head into the playoffs. 3/4 schools in BCS have already locked up their playoff hopes with Rudder trying to get in. So, you can call it "pussification" but it's actually a calculated move on their parts to be pro active and give their school district's teams a better situation.
Aggie
AG
Where are you seeing that weather forecast?
Everything I have seen says only 30-40% showers. Not thunderstorms
95_Aggie
AG
The Eagle forecast shows 70% chance precip and 40% chance of thunderstorms
gettingitdone
weather.com is showing 100% with some thunderstorms
victory
AG
quote:
The weather forecasted
I stopped reading right here
pudge
quote:
So, then you have schools moving games back to Monday and then turning around Friday to play another game as they head into the playoffs.
If a school has to play a football game on Monday, the earliest the next game can be played is Saturday....

5 day minimum rest between games per UIL rules

Example -- Navasota's game this week with a Houston ISD school was moved to Saturday at 1:00 because that Houston ISD school's game last week got pushed back to Monday.
gibby03
AG
Yes you are correct. Just didn't want to get into all that plus, that's again another reason why these two districts decided to do this. Not to "evade" the rain.
lockett93
AG
Brazos Christian also moved game vs division leader Beaumont Legacy to Friday at 7pm at BCS (grass field too)
CactusThomas
AG
Same refs that signaled td for Treadwell after he was clearly tackled just showed up at Merrill Green.
Oogway
Barn burner in Bryan?! Vikings and Cougars tied at 17.
TAMU1990
AG
Tigers beating rudder 38-12 mid way through 3rd qtr
OnlyANobody
Final: Bryan Vikings 27, College Station Cougars 17
drivinwest
AG
Wow! That's an upset.
OnlyANobody
Sadly, there is an injury. From the Twitter feed, I cannot tell what happened. But Tommy Wallace tweeted:
"Prayers to the CSHS athlete hurt tonight. Hope you will be Okay and back with your team soon."
6-4-3
AG
59-19 Consol Tigers leading Rudder Rangers with 2:18 left in 4th.
EVA3
AG
quote:
Wow! That's an upset.

I'd say a mild upset. I was at the game, and while it was a great game, Bryan dominated in the trenches all night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.