***Official Brazos Valley High School Football Thread***

44,041 Views | 346 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nickstro66
gettingitdone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are Cove and Terry 5A or 6A. I noticed that the Viking pre-season has them going against 6A teams with Conroe and Montgomery. Is this the norm?
nickstro66
AG
If y'all want to check out an exciting six-man game Allen Academy will be playing Coolidge next Friday at 6!
dman2217
Cove is 6A i'm pretty sure. Terry is 5A
veritas47
Are there any good option teams left in the Brazos valley or has everyone gone to some variation of the Chuck & Duck Spread?
pudge
Cove is 6A, Elkins and Foster are both large 5A with Elkins probably going back up to 6A next year. Foster will get smaller next year with opening of Flushear HS (5th HS in Lamar CISD)

Terry is also large 5A in Lamar CISD.
w8liftr
w8liftr
I meant to second the question about the proliferation of boring spread offenses in the area but somehow my fat fingers on this little phone hit post before I typed anything.
nickstro66
AG
quote:
Are there any good option teams left in the Brazos valley or has everyone gone to some variation of the Chuck & Duck Spread?
I know it's not in the Brazos Valley but Livingston runs an option style offense. Their head coach was my offensive line coach in high school.
DWren
Heard the CSHS QB broke his leg in scrimmage tonight.
Tough break for the kid and team
eloc62
My son plays football for CSHS, and was there. compound fracture. said it was kinda scary. here's hoping for a full recovery for that young man!
Prayers for a full recovery for CSHS QB Ty Brock. That is a tough way to start the season.
nickstro66
AG
Should be an exciting week 1 for the Brazos Valley football teams. Any specific games any of y'all are interested in?
kevmiller
Consol vs Cove .

Consol's defense as mentioned was just flat terrible last season.
They let up at least 40 points in each non district game last season including 62 to Cove.
So it's going to be interesting to see how Consol defense looks out of the gate.
Birddog
AG
quote:
Franklin. They have a new QB this year so they may change things up. Coach Hedrick would call about 4 pass plays a game, 1 would be incomplete, 1 goes for a long gain, and 2 would be for TDs. Rest of the plays were runs with plenty of option.
gettingitdone
So excited to get some football action in tonight. Good luck to all the BV teams playing tonight!!!
CactusThomas
AG
I'll be at CSHS tonight. Looking forward to see how the new QB does.
doodie2010
AG
Going to be at Tigerland tonight for Consol/Cove. Looking forward to it.
TAMU1990
AG
Scores??? Consol 14 Cove 0
Boro Ag 2000
AG
CSHS 17 - Terry 0

6:10 left in 1st q
TAMU1990
AG
Tyree is a beast

CactusThomas
AG
38-0 CSHS up at the half.
TAMU1990
AG
Half Consol 31 Cove 7

Cove is bigger than Consol but they are gashing them.
CactusThomas
AG
Packed house at College Station high. We are having to sit on the visitor's side. Plenty of cougar fans over here.

I forgot how much I hate hs football halftime.
Aggie
AG
Very Impressed with consol so far.
31-7 at half.
Consol defense has been biggest surprise.

Oh and x1000 on hating HS football halftime.
It's way too long. Let the home band perform at halftime , visiting band /drill team perform before the game. 30 minute halftime is ridiculous too long.

CactusThomas
AG
Looks like both csisd teams start off with wins while the bisd teams both take a loss.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
CSHS doing work with a new QB in Reece Easterling, a hoss RB in Chris Monroe (who only played one half), and a frosty defense with quite a few returning starters. Cougars roll Terry, 45-0, in a game that could've been much worse.
EVA3
AG
Montgomery 14, Bryan 10
Post removed:
by user
O.G.
If you want to make a CSHS kid give you a confused look, tell him that back in the day, when you were there, you went to state.....
Stupe
S
Packed house at Cougar Field last night. I really like how the stadium was built on campus so the team doesn't have to take a bus to a "home" game.
CactusThomas
AG
Y'all don't forget -- the Ratts play Old Mexico tonight at 7pm in Navasota.

See you there.
victory
AG
quote:
Franklin. They have a new QB this year so they may change things up. Coach Hedrick would call about 4 pass plays a game, 1 would be incomplete, 1 goes for a long gain, and 2 would be for TDs. Rest of the plays were runs with plenty of option.

This! If you have never seen franklin play go watch them. Very fun team to watch... They run the option out of 10 different tight formations with 6 different positions running the football. As said above Maybe throw the ball 4 times a game for probably 125 yards and a TD. They also go fast.. want to run as many plays as possible. Very well coached team and a beautiful facility there in franklin. Smaller HS games are a lot of fun to attend. Do so if you never have.
victory
AG
quote:
Packed house at Cougar Field last night. I really like how the stadium was built on campus so the team doesn't have to take a bus to a "home" game.

the only teams that take a bus to their "home" stadium are the ones that share a stadium. CSHS does not share their stadium so of course it's going to be built on campus
aggiegal99
That was the point, Victory. CSHS does not have to use a "district" stadium at Consol because the District long-range planning committee (or whoever) found it valuable for each school to have their own stadium. When CSHS was built, there was some annoyance expressed on here at the expense of a new stadium instead of just using a shared stadium.
Stupe
S
Exactly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.