Water Park comming to South College Station?

5,132 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BCS-Ag
12th_man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody knows what happened to this Project? We really need somewhere like a Water Park where to go to and I'm not talking 5 years old level like Adamsson Lagoon.

http://wtaw.com/2012/05/09/water-park-coming-to-south-college-station/
Pyewacket
AG
I think the water park you are refering to was a water ski ammenity that was to be added to a college housing residence. It was to be part of one of the new housing complexes for little college cherubs. Thus, the waterpark/ski was to be used by college residents not a public ammenity. It was shut down be CSCC due to money if I am remembering correctly.
PS3D
It wasn't shut down. The wakeboarding park (Wakeside at the Barracks) has two pools, a smaller one and a larger one. The smaller one is the only one open, and only open to residents, the rest of it will be open to the public (at least part of the time), but that hasn't happened yet. It was supposed to be done by this year, but I think money problems prevented that. Maybe 2015, maybe 2016. To see it as it currently is, turn on Deacon Drive West from Holleman Drive South.
BCS-Ag
This took forever to open, but it's awesome!

BearX Aquatic & Festival Venue

It's catered to college students but I've been a couple times with my wife and other "adult" friends and we had a blast. Nothing like it in town. It's kind of like a cross between a Vegas pool "club" and a small water park. It's 18 and up but I heard they will have family days at some point. It's also only 2 days a week (Friday & Saturday), but that is supposedly only until they finish the construction around it.
KidDoc
AG
That website made me feel old. The video reminded me of the Fyre fest debacle.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redd38
AG
BCS-Ag said:

It's catered to college students but I've been a couple times with my wife and other "adult" friends and we had a blast. Nothing like it in town. It's kind of like a cross between a Vegas pool "club" and a small water park. It's 18 and up but I heard they will have family days at some point. It's also only 2 days a week (Friday & Saturday), but that is supposedly only until they finish the construction around it.

What were the prices like? I've overheard some people saying it's pretty expensive, like $1000 to rent one of the cabanas (I have no idea what comes with that) and like $9 drinks.
CS78
I can't wait to try it out.

BCS-Ag
redd38 said:

BCS-Ag said:

What were the prices like? I've overheard some people saying it's pretty expensive, like $1000 to rent one of the cabanas (I have no idea what comes with that) and like $9 drinks.
$10 day pass or $20 a month. I don't know exact prices on cabanas, but I heard they were expensive when they have concerts, but negotiable on other days, sometimes with just a drink minimum. Drink prices were about what I expected, less than other "adult" places, more in line with the nicer/newer Northgate bars.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.