King Oaks Subdivision

12,266 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MisUnderstood
Captain Coors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey Guys,

Need some help. The wife and I are relocating back to College Station sometime late this summer to fall. Our house has sold and we have been looking at homes in College Station and thus far have been underwhelmed with what is available and what people are asking for them. So in order to find what we want we are considering building. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about King Oaks? I know the boys will have to go to Iola isd, but from what I can find it seems to be a pretty good school district. Any suggestions or insight you could offer would be very appreciated.

AgResearch
AG
1 nice summer, south breeze from the landfill.
UmustBKidding
I hear lots are sold at the Grimes county Tax office for non payment.
BQ_90
AG
No doubt the old dump destroyed Pebble Creek

txgardengirl
A bit challenging on resale potentially

Iola schools - the schools are good but you may find yourself driving a lot if your children are in activities (baseball, dance, soccer,etc.)

Grimes county - pluses and minuses

I know several people who live there and love it, but they are retired and living a different lifestyle than me right now.

It is pretty and you should has your choice of lots though.

College Station housing is incredibly hot right now, with incredibly low inventory and a strong sellers market.
mgreen
Nice if you like land and privacy but not for me. Too far out and I would think resale would be tough. Some beautiful homes there but after 4-5 years I would have expected more growth out there.
halibut sinclair
It's a great subdivision, 10 miles from the south CS HEB, beautiful scenery, private, quiet, the landfill is a non-factor, Iola schools are top rated.

[This message has been edited by halibut sinclair (edited 6/17/2014 10:44p).]
YellowPot_97
AG
Are the hoa restrictions very strict?
techno-ag
AG
I've visited friends out there several times. The landfill is far enough away to not be an issue. There's a back road entrance that is a shortcut to Iola school so it's not a bad drive. It's beautiful out there and they're finishing the pool and community area.
FlyRod
Tariny
If internet is important to you then you might want to check that out first. I know about 2 years ago it was hard to get anything besides satellite out there and since you mentioned that you have kids, it might be a concern.

Other than that, it's a very beautiful area. We are hoping to one day have a small place in Keith, which is right down the road.
techno-ag
AG
I think there's a fiber link to a shared Internet connection. I'll have to ask next time I'm out there. As for retirees, there are some out there. There's also some weekend homes Aggies have built out there. But there's also young professionals out there too.
carpe vinum
AG
I personally would not. Good luck in your search.
RXAggie02
AG
I have a lot for sale if you are interested! We are currently building in castlegate II. You can see Kyle Field lit up at night from our lot on the hill. Its on Belgrave Square.

The pool just opened up 2 weeks ago.

If interested in it email me at shane dot lechler at gmail dot com
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
^
Wow...Shane freakin Lechler
rhoswen
AG
different shane lechler.
Rockdoc
AG
Way, WAY different Shane Lechler!
Rockdoc
AG
Sorry Rx, just had to!
CinchAG97
http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/50/Topics/2487482

I need to sell my house near Iola - just a bit further than King Oaks and less expensive yet still deed restricted. I had 3 kids in Iola schools and we loved the small school environment.

We are selling because I lost my job in January and got a new job in Houston so we have to relocate.
313-7-12thMan
There is a local builder named Blackstone Handcrafted Homes that has lot accessibility there and has built in King Oaks. I'd look them up to see what they have available.
RXAggie02
AG
http://blackstonehandcrafted.com/

Great builders! Theya re building our house in Castlegate!

[This message has been edited by RXAggie02 (edited 6/20/2014 3:09p).]
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Any updated feedback on this area?
BrazosWifi
What do you want to know?

It's a pretty community but it's a pretty good drive to town.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
MTTANK
AG
How are the internet options out there now?
GIG 'EM
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Curious about some of OP's questions especially now that this is way more developed than it was in 2014.

How is Iola school district?

Internet options better?

Any issues with HOA or cost of HOA?

Bucketrunner
In Grimes County, across the Navasota river bottom, protection against city taxes and developers.

Very quiet. Lots of bike riders, dog walkers, golf cart cruisers. Nice community pool area, nature preserve, pavilion, fishing lake.

Large lots. Big trees.

$400/yr HOA fees

POA boards lack some common sense, but basically are decent people.
techno-ag
AG
Right now the bridge is out.
75AG
AG
How's the road into the area? The several times we've driven there, it dang near broke our car's suspension. Seriously, it was rough.
MTTANK
AG
75AG said:

How's the road into the area? The several times we've driven there, it dang near broke our car's suspension. Seriously, it was rough.
Still bumpy coming in, was looking at lots a couple of months ago.
GIG 'EM
BrazosWifi
We are now on the water tower down there so getting reliable service is now not an issue.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Bucketrunner
The two mile small and often bumpy paved road is going to be an issue forever. That's the trade off for the peace and quiet. We sort of like the cruise through the overhanging trees, but I can understand it isn't for everyone.
tdm89
techno-ag said:

Right now the bridge is out.

Are you referring to the Gibbons Creek bridge which is out? That is way past King Oaks.

Regarding Iola schools, we have 3 kids there and we love it. The kids love it, too. They have the options to play sports, do band, UIL, FFA/4H, etc. The need to specialize is nearly non-existent in Iola. Mostly good people from good families out here.

The tradeoff is a potentially less rigorous academic track due to the lack to specialized teachers offering higher level courses. But, I believe that my kids will be prepared for college (Texas A&M or similar). If your goal is Ivy League, it may be better to go to one of the big schools.

This is my second stint living in Iola as we were gone for about 3 years before moving back. What has changed in the last 3-4 years is the number of move-in's from B/CS or other areas. I think this is directly related to the buildout of King Oaks. Iola is becoming a school district which attracts kids & families who want a more diversified high school experience with regards to school activities. The competition level at the big schools is so intense that your kid might be very good at something and never get to compete. Those good kids, i.e. athletes, academic types, band, cheerleaders, etc. - have a place in Iola and potentially can be a "star" in a smaller pond.
techno-ag
AG
The bridge evidently just reopened this afternoon.
halibut sinclair
MisUnderstood
There are 3 acres for sale there. Google Scarborough, Lot 323, Iola, TX
This listing agents information is towards the bottom.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.