Torchy's Tacos is coming to town!

39,956 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PrincessButtercup
originaltexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This would be a good time for anyone in the food service business to evaluate what is taking place. If you are breaking even or losing money each month, now is the time to decide to bail out or change up the game.

For example, if you serve Tex Mex style food, and you have never been to Torchy's, take 21 to 290 to hit Austin. Look at their success.

http://torchystacos.com/our-story/

Eat there on five different occasions. Find your niche and quickly adapt.

College Station is changing. The customer base is changing. Don't believe me, look at the housing market.

[This message has been edited by originaltexan (edited 7/11/2014 1:43p).]
byfLuger41
AG
SOON!
FlyRod
quote:
College Station is changing. The customer base is changing. Don't believe me, look at the housing market.

Please elaborate on the connection between $500,000+ houses and Torchy's Tacos. I'm seriously interested.
byfLuger41
AG
3 days!
techno-ag
FlyRod
One day until the next fake Yelp review of it before it opens!
jja79
AG
A Torchy's opened. Near me here in Spring. I'll take Fuegos. Fuegos' salsa bar is good. Torchy's gives you a small salsa of their choice with each taco. If you want a different salsa it's extra. Much more limited menu also.

It's not bad, but it's no Fuegos.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
A Torchy's opened. Near me here in Spring. I'll take Fuegos. Fuegos' salsa bar is good. Torchy's gives you a small salsa of their choice with each taco. If you want a different salsa it's extra. Much more limited menu also.

It's not bad, but it's no Fuegos.

I have never had to pay for extra sauce, never.
Wildmen03
AG
I went to a Torchy's in Houston on Friday. The brushfire was good, the other two I had were so-so. Personally I think that Fuego has a better selection and better queso. I had a $7.50 devilish lemonade that should have cost about $4. The only consolation was even though the line was out the door, the turn around was fast and it didn't take long to get our food.

I was less than impressed.
techno-ag
AG
Hopefully both taco establishments will thrive.
jja79
AG
Smith the sign said to buy extra salsa at the counter. That's the basis for my comment.

Like I said it wasn't bad. I'd go again if I happened to drive by but I wouldn't plan a stop there. Fuego I would make the effort for.
FlyRod
quote:
Hopefully both taco establishments will thrive.

Hopefully both establishments will earn the right to survive.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Smith the sign said to buy extra salsa at the counter.

Oops, I read "sauce" this morning instead of salsa. My bad. #NoCoffeeYet

I had to pay for extra salsa a couple times, but I usually have a fat tab at the bar so they just give it to me.

I guess it's just a matter of T&P. I prefer the selection and queso at Torchy's. To each his own I guess...

I took off Friday for the quest to Bama (fly out of Easterwood on Friday) so I think a cherry pop visit Thursday night to Torchy's is in the mix.
Wildmen03
AG
byfLuger41
AG
The taco God's!
FlyRod
Meanwhile on Yelp...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/torchys-tacos-college-station

http://www.yelp.com/biz/torchies-tacos-college-station?hrid=3vEcXV3CH0EtakiQgvoZgg

http://www.yelp.com/biz/torchys-college-station?hrid=sawUrCLsyyrgefEwPEhwag

It appears as if the first review is the "correct one." Then a second person tried to get an "FTR" and created a second fake business page to do so, which Greg D narrowly missed. Obviously frustrated and angry, Greg D appears to have created a third fake business page to create his own "FTR."

I guess those tacos must be really worth all these shenanigans...lol.
Wildmen03
AG
Flagged his posts, we'll see what happens.
FlyRod
Three sets of reviews and the dang place doesn't even open until tomorrow...sheesh.

Hope they open for breakfast because I have an 8:00 am meeting, and a pile of breakfast tacos would sure make it go better.
Brewmaster
AG
Torchy's will kill it in CS. Always have had great tacos at the Austin locations. I think Fuegos are a shade bigger, but I wasn't impressed. Both our tacos got soggy and room temp quickly, yuck.

2 Trailer Parks at Torchy's served trashy and call it a day!
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Three sets of reviews and the dang place doesn't even open until tomorrow...sheesh.

Hope they open for breakfast because I have an 8:00 am meeting, and a pile of breakfast tacos would sure make it go better.

http://torchystacos.com/news/ttcollegestationopen/

quote:
Torchy's Tacos College Station will officially open its doors at 7am sharp(!) on Thursday, October 16th. There'll be Green Chile Queso and Firewater a-flowin', so come on by! We'll be rewarding early birds with a FREE breakfast taco (one per customer, dine-in or take-away) thru 10am. But that's not all

You good brotato...
FlyRod
originaltexan
Wonder what the trolls will post when there is a line out the door for the next 3 weeks...
Anonymous Source
S
Mark this: Some over-protective parent will complain about the "Damn Good" sign inside the building and visible from Texas Avenue.
Gig 'Em
ksp
Greg D is truly a sad and pathetic individual.
FlyRod
I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.yelp.com/topic/bryan-false-reviews-of-unopened-businesses-running-rampant
Wildmen03
AG
Also, even though that dildo reviewed the same place twice, he gave it two different reviews and ratings. What a complete farce.
ksp
He even sent Katy a PM to please remove her fake review or he would one star it. Is there a more pathetic person losing at life than him????
PS3D
I love Katie. She is a hero to us all.
ksp
http://www.yelp.com/biz/greg-d-college-station?hrid=LW6DNSvVlYrT1MyTwSh9Bg#src:self
K2T2
Oh yeah, the message he sent wasn't actually to me, it was another girl, but for sure, that dude is off the deep end. Along with the inevitable crowds, he gives me good reason to stay away from the opening of any restaurant in town. But some part of me still wants to kind of like, run across him somewhere, give him the finger, and tell him to go eat a bag of butts in real life.
K2T2
quote:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/greg-d-college-station?hrid=LW6DNSvVlYrT1MyTwSh9Bg#src:self
Wha? Christmas in October?!
FlyRod
Thanks ksp, I actually had tears rolling down my face from laughing.
Scruffy
AG
quote:
Oh yeah, the message he sent wasn't actually to me, it was another girl, but for sure, that dude is off the deep end. Along with the inevitable crowds, he gives me good reason to stay away from the opening of any restaurant in town. But some part of me still wants to kind of like, run across him somewhere, give him the finger, and tell him to go eat a bag of butts in real life.

He's probably ftr it on yelp and give 4 stars.
redd38
AG
At what point does Yelp just delete this guy's account and all his reviews? Seems like he's given them enough reason already.
K2T2
Probably never...they probably enjoy reading all the angry flags of his reviews. I mean, he does post a ton of reviews, so he's pretty much a majority shareholder, so they have to do what he says, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.