Torchy's Tacos is coming to town!

40,063 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PrincessButtercup
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
According to a new review, Greg D is now sueing Yelp for deleting his FTR of Torchy's. I wish I was making this up. 0

I'm the one who flagged his Torchy's FTR. I guess I should be worried?
FlyRod
He threatened to sue Yelp for denying him "Elite" status...I wonder if this legal threat will get him his FTR back? Oh the melodrama!!!
txknight
Holy......I was performing last night at the Madisonville Mushroom Festival, after packing up was looking at my emails on the way back to town. Got a message that I should probably remove my review to avoid being part of "the lawsuit". Thanks Greg, you gave me and one of my bandmates something to laugh about all the way home!
K2T2
Holy cow...that guy's ridiculous. I'm guessing he hasn't seen the reviews of himself. It also looks like he's more pointing out that actual shareholders are suing Yelp for removing/filtering/etc reviews, not him.

They must check the flagged reviews in their original flagged state - his review eventually ended up as an acceptable review, but since he kept editing the same one that originally got flagged, I guess that's why it got pulled down? I flagged it, too, in its "I emailed the manager and got coupons!" state or whatever it was.

I gotta get off this Yelp ****.
K2T2
Oh, uh, off this Yelp...shirt?
FlyRod
Wait: txknight, are you saying that he's threatening to sue you as well as Yelp? Yeesh.
Scruffy
AG
I didn't know there was a mushroom Fest.

How was it?
techno-ag
AG
quote:

Here ya go Scruff:

http://www.texasmushroomfestival.com/
halibut sinclair
quote:

How was it?

It's today.
Prune Tracy
quote:
quote:

Here ya go Scruff:

http://www.texasmushroomfestival.com/
Scruffy
AG
Thanks.

I wish I known about this sooner.

I like good mushrooms. I make a great grilled chicken breast with sauted mushrooms covered in meting mozzarella.
I'd've gone to it instead of watching thing abortion if a game.
txknight
Last night was a dinner/auction to kick off the festival. Chefs prepared a multi course meal utilizing mushrooms in various ways. It was very nicely done.

No, I don't think Greg was calling me out because I was a potential lawsuit target. He just stated.....no, I'll leave it at that. I'm going to assume (like everyone else) that this person would benefit greatly from some professional help or maybe even a good old fashioned butt kicking. I'll avoid embarrasing him further. But, I have to wonder, from concern that might be unwarranted, what does his poor wife think of all this behavior?
FlyRod
Well if he "made millions on the NASDAQ" than maybe she doesn't care...
techno-ag
AG
Madisonville is the mushroom capitol of Texas.
ksp
Man now I am scared about my Greg d review page!,
Wildmen03
AG
Well the dingus deleted the suing threat part of his review. That guy has issues.
FlyRod
I can see being proud if actually opening a business, given that you probably worked your butt off to see your idea come to life...like if you were the actual owner of Torchy's.

But how is it an accomplishment to actually be the first to review a business or be it's first customer? It's not like climbing a mountain or discovering a new species or a cure for a disease.

And if somebody thought it was the same, I'd be deeply concerned for their mental health.
byfLuger41
AG
After my return flight from Birmingham yesterday, cough - cough, I stopped into Torchy's for some comfort food...

Parked, walked in the side door as to bypass the moderate line and took a seat at the bar.

Made two to go orders, drove to Conroe then crushed it before Fury at 6:30.

It was nice to get in and out without any hiccups and neither of my orders were messed up.

Sadly, this was the highlight of my weekend, especially after all the ankle holding I did inside Bryant-Denny.
Wildmen03
AG
Greg has updated his review yet again.

quote:

With this FTR being deleted, being an obvious FTR there is proof that Yelp is in fact filtering and deleting real reviews by real people for which they are in fact being sued for by their shareholders. No other reviews support by facts such as our receipt for purchase;

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/torchys-tacos-college-station#hZMJxxftdXBRx3LEYMiGgw

Look at all of the photos that go along with this review and as the very first customers of this establishment we have proven with photos and even of a receipt that the previous reviews are fake.

Don't invest in Yelp, seems to be a scam.
PrincessButtercup
AG
This guy has serious issues.
byfLuger41
AG
Wow, this is insane.
techno-ag
AG
Tried to get in for a late lunch today. The parking lot's still packed.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Tried to get in for a late lunch today. The parking lot's still packed.

I drive a space ship (F350) and had to park illegally Sunday afternoon.

Note to self, go eat Torchy's when the Cowboys are on the field.
FlyRod
Just barely got a parking space there today as someone was pulling out. Sat at the bar, and got served right away.
techno-ag
AG
Great to see this success. The food snobs & negative nannies took a hit on this one.

; )
FlyRod
I thought Torchy's was the darling of food snobs, being from Austin and all...
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I thought Torchy's was the darling of food snobs, being from Austin and all...

Big city restaurants never do as well here, fly. Keep up.
FlyRod
Techno I think your idea of what a food snob is is clouded by the enjoyment you get seeing your own words and emoticons appear on the board. You might want to spend a little time figuring out what you want a "food snob" to be before serially contradicting yourself, and worse, treading close to outing yourself as one.
Diamond Geezer
quote:
Great to see this success. The food snobs & negative nannies took a hit on this one.

; )

If a nanny was too negative, I would have to question why she (he?!) was still employed.
Wildmen03
AG
Based on this thread the overwhelming majority was looking forward to seeing this place open and couldn't wait to try the food.

Anyone saying that the snobs and negative people were winning could only be saying that to stir up trouble.

I hope Torchy's does well, but I would hardly call a restaurant that has managed to stay open less than a week to date, a "success".
techno-ag
AG
quote:
You might want to spend a little time figuring out what you want a "food snob" to be before serially contradicting yourself, and worse, treading close to outing yourself as one.

Anybody who loves Sonic as much as I do is no food snob, sir.
FlyRod
Oh techno, please. We both know that Torchy's is the epitome of what food snobs crave, and seeing as how hard you keep trying to go there, well...just come out of the closet already and let your inner food snob shine!

Join us...join us...join us...
byfLuger41
techno-ag
AG
Nope. I like GoCo too. Not a food snob by any measure.
FlyRod
Three TTTH's in 90 minutes. We might have a new rec

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.