Torchy's Tacos is coming to town!

40,082 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PrincessButtercup
byfLuger41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YUS!
Wildmen03
AG
Normally when I report a review by him, I get a response within a few hours. Most of the time they tell me it's already been looked over and they found it to be OK. I think just once I got one taken down.

The last two I flagged were from at least a day ago and I haven't received a response. Maybe they are actually looking into it.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/greg-d-college-station?hrid=LW6DNSvVlYrT1MyTwSh9Bg#src:self

Ahahahahahahah this is the best thing ever.
ksp
Awww man they deleted my FTR review. Greg d must be mad. You mad bro?!?!?
TsunamiVox
I wonder if he behaved like this while working at Stover Brothers Cafe? Reading this makes me ill thinking about that guy's fingers on my burger. Not sure what Stover was thinking when he hired him...
Fleen
Wait, he worked at Stover Bros.?
TsunamiVox
Yes, Fleen. Village Foods is my grocery store, and shortly after Stover set up there, I would see Greg D on a regular basis working there. That's where I went for my Kobe burger fix, and Greg made many of those burgers. I think he went back to Jimmy Johns when Stover left to open Flip and Peel. But I'd see him working side by side with Charlie.
Yuccadoo
Anybody know what Torchy's hours of operation are? Can not find them on website or FB page. They open at 7 AM tomorrow according to those sites, but that is all the info on hours given. Everything else is just a guess.
BlueMiles
AG
I don't know Torchy's hours, but there was a line of people wrapped around the building this evening around 9:00!
Wildmen03
AG
It looks like they combined all of the Torchy's reviews into one and gave Greg the first to review even though he posted two days after the first review, BECAUSE OF COURSE THEY DID.
FlyRod
Got there at 7 this morning and the line was already out the door. I've eaten Torchy's all over this state and love it, but it's not worth waiting an hour or more in line. We're not talking Franklin's BBQ here. I'll be back when the "obsessed with new restaurants" crowd has had their fun and become bored.
byfLuger41
AG
I'm gonna fight the crowd later tonight...wish me luck.
txknight
I'm changing my Yelp username to FTR.
Wildmen03
AG
Wait... so for the past 2 days I flagged Greg D's posts and campaigned that the girl who posted on the 12th get credit for the FTR for Torchy's, and somehow I get the FTR?

What a giant charlie foxtrot.
FlyRod
Just noticed that. What a circus!
Scruffy
AG
What a joke of a site.
txknight
The site is very useful when traveling or looking for a new local experience- it does, however, suffer locally due to one individual's quest for immortality.
"Happened by this place - it appears to have opened today, and it appears I am the first customer". GMAFB!
michellecan
Went to Torchy's, it's not bad if you like chain food. However, I don't like chain food so I'm going to stick with Jesse's in Bryan. He makes real, border town food, nothing like it around here for sure.
originaltexan
The key is transparency.

I think that is the new trend in restaurants.

If you doubt, please see this article

Link to Business Article

Torchi does alot with sourcing their food.
mazag08
AG
Torchy's isn't trying to be border food. It has nothing in common with places like jessies outside of the tortilla.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Torchy's isn't trying to be border food. It has nothing in common with places like jessies outside of the tortilla.

Kinda like Taco Bell?

Well if it's good (and by most accounts the chain is), it should do well here.
byfLuger41
ksp
Ya taco bell is in a class by itself, the taco bell class. I do not consider it any kind of tex or mex or anything in between. it is,...well.....Taco bell. Best way to put it.

Just like LJS isn't seafood, it is...LJS, a food of some sort.
1836er
AG
LOL ksp. I think we should get the first lady to declare Taco Bell it's own food group.
FlyRod
quote:
Well if it's good (and by most accounts the chain is), it should do well here.

Nice to assume that, but the history of restaurants that have failed and succeeded around BCS suggests otherwise...
ksp
Never eaten at any Torchy's BUT it will be fine here as it is well known and liked and something like college kids, drunk and tacos are the perfect combo!
ksp
quote:
LOL ksp. I think we should get the first lady to declare Taco Bell it's own food group.
Let's submit it to her lol
CN
So I drove by before 6pm and saw the line out the door 10+ people deep. I kept going and went to Fuegos instead where there was a long line inside that got longer by the time I ordered, ate, and left. So it made me wonder how long the line at Torchy's actually was since I don't know what it looks like inside. I would say it took close to 10 minutes for me to get to the front of the last me at Fuegos to order and the line only went to the back door. If it currently takes 15-20 minutes at Torchy's to order, I could probably deal with that.
Mr. Griswold
Does Torchy's have a drive-thru?
FlyRod
According to a new review, Greg D is now sueing Yelp for deleting his FTR of Torchy's. I wish I was making this up.
mazag08
AG
Order torchys to go. Its a separate line that rarely has anyone in it. You're welcome.
redd38
AG
quote:
According to a new review, Greg D is now sueing Yelp for deleting his FTR of Torchy's. I wish I was making this up.

I think the reason yelp hasn't just deleted his account is because they think he is mentally unstable and don't want to cause an incident
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
I am a share holder in Yelp and do find it interesting where Yelp is actually being sued as they just deleted my FTR with no reason. I'm actually involved in the lawsuit against Yelp so for them to delete this review would be in violation of Federal law.

Holy hell this guy's life must be completely empty for him to fill it up with crap like this.

What a damned loser.
beefly95
Does torchy's have a drive thru?
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Does torchy's have a drive thru?

No

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.