Torchy's Tacos is coming to town!

39,962 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PrincessButtercup
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Everything not in CS > > > > > > > anything in CS. TT will be terrible once it's here and y'all will be asking for something else that is so much better.

Absolutely. The negativity around here is shocking sometimes.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Everything not in CS >>>>>>> anything in CS. TT will be terrible once it's here and y'all will be asking for something else that is so much better.

Agreed. I'll probably stop eating it completely.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Everything not in CS >>>>>>> anything in CS. TT will be terrible once it's here and y'all will be asking for something else that is so much better.

Yup! Everybody will say how the Houston ones are so much better and this one sucks. Saw it with Lupe's.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
quote:
Saw it with Lupe's.

"Lupe's" was not great when it first opened here. They have gotten much better.
exige
quote:
"Lupe's" was not great when it first opened here. They have gotten much better.

True that. The first week they opened, they nearly had as many staff on hand as customers, yet they we're hopelessly overwhelmed. One of their managers poured an incorrect margarita back into the machine in front of a bar full of people. Longest food order time I've seen in years. Even the refried beans were lousy. They couldn't help but improve.
snick
They sucked so bad they could only get better

[This message has been edited by snick (edited 4/29/2014 7:12p).]
FlyRod
PS3D
Eagerly awaiting the "Torchy's is open" thread when it finally opens. It will be legendary.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Eagerly awaiting the "Torchy's is open" thread when it finally opens. It will be legendary.

Hit F5 until it pops up.

I's ready!
FlyRod
I'll see your Torchy's opening thread and raise you a Cafe Eccell re-opening thread.
Scruffy
AG
I've got my popcorn ready.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
I'll see your Torchy's opening thread and raise you a Cafe Eccell re-opening thread.

That is one thing I'm more excited about than TT. Need some ahi tuna in my life.
girlmom3
As someone who ate Torchy's every Friday for my cheat meal when we lived in Dallas, I'm super excited to finally get one in Aggieland! Their queso? Sinful. Guacamole? Mmm. And, for the amount and quality of food, $3-4/taco isn't too bad. I usually can only eat 1. Mouth is already watering!
byfLuger41
AG
http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/fuego-s-tortilla-grill-in-college-station-voluntarily-shuts-down/article_b62d04d4-e2b2-11e3-8984-0019bb2963f4.html

Torchy's needs to hurry up...
Old Main
AG
I've been to the Torchy's in Dallas (White Rock area I think) and it was outstanding. Not only is the food great, but the atmosphere is fun as well.

originaltexan
Here is the Layne's, Scully, Cane's dilemma. I just coined that.

Fuego, Taco Cabana, and Torchi's.

Fuego will be fine, and Torchi's will be fine. They have a superior product.
PS3D
I think all three will be fine. The problem with FD was going in basically pretending to be a third cheap chicken finger place but with beer and TVs was a mistake (it really wasn't, it was more of a sports bar that served chicken-based products)

And remember, Casa Olé and Chuy's co-exist at the mall.
byfLuger41
AG
Any updates on the grand opening?
redd38
AG
They just started working on the building this week.
duffelpud
AG
Calling anything 'The Heights' in Houston smacks of over-the-top pretentiousness.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TsunamiVox
Can't wait for them to open.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:

I see you both and raise with a when-the-heck-is-Pappadeaux opening thread.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
I see you both and raise with a when-the-heck-is-Pappadeaux opening thread.

No sh*t! You'd think CS would have one by now with as many children as the Pappa's brothers have sent to A&M...
techno-ag
AG
Pappadeaux's, Saltgrass, Torchy's. Life is looking up for culinary options in BCS.
FlyRod
Life has been looking up for culinary options here since the 1990s.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
Life has been looking up for culinary options here since the 1990s.

It did take a hit when the Flying Tomato closed down.
FlyRod
Made up for it when Christopher's, Madden's, Veritas, and The Republic opened.
techno-ag
AG
New Cafe Eccel will make it a grand slam. Four allsome restaurants opening this fall.
FlyRod
I'm going to give the "grand slam" award to Chef Tai's new restaurant. And a follow up one when Peter Madden opens his taco place. Glad to see our talented local chefs expanding here. Now if Tai opens his own taco place next, Katy bar the door!
techno-ag
AG
"Restaurant Obscuro" will always be trumped by the great ones in this town.
FlyRod
Such negativity....

Techno how do you reconcile your contempt of obscure local restaurants with your love of CMac's restaurants, which are very local, and some might argue, the very epitome of "Restaurant Obscuro?" Are you suggesting that you actually prefer Sonic to Flip & Peel?

[This message has been edited by FlyRod (edited 7/10/2014 10:25p).]
PS3D
Saltgrass will open by fall, and Torchy's should too (my personal prediction is that they'll open in early August to crushing summer crowds). That bar on Northgate that's replacing Loupot's probably won't. Pappadeaux depends on S&W moving out, which they have yet to do (realistically, I don't see PDX opening until fall 2015)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.