Pebble creek cc

9,024 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EBrazosAg
The Grinder (99)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have details about full membership? Any thoughts on pebble creek vs other country clubs in the area? Thanks
Sleepnumber
AG
Miramont far and away the best---no comparison to PC or Traditions. Also most expensive
befitter
PCC was recently bought by an investment group that includes multiple current long time members. Lot's of improvements this past year. It's a great time to join.
KaneIsAble
AG
Joined this year. It's def not as good as traditions or Miramont but it's by far the best value. Now I joined as a Jr member and it was dirt cheap so I might have a different thought if I was weighing 5k vs 10k upfront which is the PC vs Traditions difference
BANA89
AG
Depends on what you want out of the membership. Challenging course = Traditions. Grand clubhouse = Miramont. Beautiful course = Miramont. Best family social programs = Pebble Creek. Exclusivity = Miramont. Best golf learning programs and facilities = Traditions. Best value = Pebble Creek. Etc.

Full disclosure, I joined Traditions last month and two of my kids are learning to play. Not the easiest place to play after several years off or as junior beginners for us as a family, but my kids learning to play there will mean there is not likely to be a course that intimidates them anytime soon.

BANA Class of '86 ('89)
The Grinder (99)
AG
Thanks for the input. Can you guys give me an idea of the price for full membership at each?
oldag00
AG
Does Briarcrest still offer memberships? It seems new ownership there is putting money into the course and facilities, also.
The Grinder (99)
AG
As far as you question, "what am I looking for?".id say one of the biggest factors is location. We are probably going to be moving in town this summer, we have two small kids, we want to live in a place where there are good schools and young families. I think that is probably south college station ( although open for input on that as well). That being said it sounds like pebble creek is the better choice. I get the feeling the other two are more for next stage of life. Plus prob out of our price point.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Does Briarcrest still offer memberships? It seems new ownership there is putting money into the course and facilities, also.

I heard the new owner was considering making it a public course. Might still keep some type of membership, though.
KaneIsAble
AG
Troll

briarcrest has been public for some time now but offers a membership as well - just like almost every other golf course in existence. The problem with Briarcrest is it's now the most popular option next to the tamu course
75AG
AG
Does anyone have an answer for his question? What does a full membership cost?
momlaw
AG
There are multiple membership options and likely various pricing scenarios for each.
http://www.pebblecreek.org/Membership_Options.shtml
Suggest a call to clarify your personal needs and options.
Club phone number: (979)690-0996
KaneIsAble
AG
quote:
Does anyone have an answer for his question? What does a full membership cost?

5k for PC
10k for Traditions
Whole bunch for Miramont
mazag08
AG
I'd be interested to know the junior membership (21 - 35 yr old) fees at PCC if anyone knows.
techno-ag
AG
The changes at Briarcrest were in the news a while back.

quote:
Separating itself from other local courses, Phillips wants to make Briarcrest completely public. Although the option of a membership will still exist, he said he wants the community to take advantage of the 26,000 square foot Clubhouse, swimming pool and plans to bring more user friendly products into the Pro shop. He also plans to make improvements to all those amenities.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Proposed-Changes-for-Briarcrest-Country-Club--222724911.html

CN
I asked a buddy who looked into it last year and he thought it was normally $2500 but was maybe $1200 during the membership drive. He said it's hard to remember because they had so many specials to encourage people to join.

He didn't join because he would've only been eligible at that time for the junior membership for a year. However, he got an email recently from them that said they raised the junior membership age to 40 which is a great deal. I'd call and ask them when their next membership drive is. They offer very good deals then. They'll also let you play a round for free to try out the course.

The bigger question is what are the monthly dues? The monthly dues for a golf membership (non junior) is $305 + tax with no dining requirements. And they're going up (again) by 3-5%.
KaneIsAble
AG
I got in on the Jr membership and it only cost me $500 up front and my dues are 215/mth with no meal/dining requirement.

I did just get a letter that stated the dues were going up 4%(I think) starting in April.

Edit- I also got in when the Jr scale stops at 40 but since I joined with the wife they'll use the youngest person's age as the number which saves me 3 years of full dues due to her being 29 vs my 32.

[This message has been edited by KaneIsAble (edited 3/10/2014 11:27a).]
COVAG08
AG
Thinking about joining PCCC. Called in today and for junior membership they are offering $1000 initiation (Usually $2000) and $225 a month. Does anyone know if membership referrals would help knock that initiation fee down even more?
Pyewacket
AG
The prices stated here for PCC are correct. If you are looking just to join the club for things other than golf you are looking at around 150 a month. Sponsorship is asked but not required. Lots of stuff for kids and families to do. Lessons for kids, classes and a kids klub to help watch the kids.

Miramont I also was invited to join. By sponsorship only. 50k initiation tons of references and personal information to join.

Traditions is about the same price as PCC as far as non-golf memberships. No tennis. Seems there was an older crowd and golf centric.

I live in Briarcrest and was a member. Everything is closed except golf. Few young families or children.

PCC is far and away the best option for families with children ion my opinion.
Post removed:
by user
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG

FracAg10
AG
We just dropped down from Junior to Social at Pebble. I wasn't playing enough and it was tough to get a decent tee time for on the weekends. A few instances this year I had some friends come into town to play only to find out there was a tournament. Wouldn't have been an issue but they were not helpful with reciprocity to another club.

If you can play whenever, then they have a lot of organized events 'The Game' and 'The Rack' that might be of interest.
keo1
AG
it that info for pebble creek or traditions
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
halibut sinclair
keo1 said:

it that info for pebble creek or traditions

Pebble
aggiepaintrain
AG
AggieDoc31 said:

Anyone have an update on this issue? Moving to town next month and looking at Traditions vs PCCC. I'm a big golfer, but family with small kids and will be living on south side of town. Is Traditions worth the extra $ and the drive? Things are definitely more expensive than they were back when this thread was started.

PC all day

Unless you are a 10 hcp Traditions is not that fun to play. Play both and decide.
FJB
Broncos
Pebble is up to 4k for Junior???

Do they ever do member drives?
RJ3
AG
Pebble sounds best for you.

Golf is great for a golfer and the club is great for a family.

The pool is also awesome, we love going to it.
Bunk Moreland
Broncos said:

Pebble is up to 4k for Junior???

Do they ever do member drives?

They've been that since December 2019 at least...

I was offered half price that month, but normal rate was $4k. Decided to hold off at the time...then COVID hit and I never reached back out to them.
DoubleE65
AG
PCCC MGA Prez here, DM if I can answer any questions.
CN
Definitely don't pay the full $7K for initiation. I had no idea it had gone that high for their advertised initiation but you should be able to join for half that.
The Grinder (99)
AG
A blast from the past. Hard to believe I started this 7 years ago. Moved to Bcs for a job. Ended up moving into PC and joined the club.

I did enjoy that quite a bit. Definitely a good family club. Being in the neighborhood helped.

For what it's worth it does seem like the west side of hwy 6 has neighborhoods with more young families, but there were still many in PC.

They have fun golf, active participation at the pool and tennis for families and a pretty nice workout room. I had a nice routine of working out with a group there 3 mornings a week.

I ended up staying less than a year. The job wasn't what I hoped for and I was able to go back to my previous job. Overall going back to my old job was the right move for us.

That being said, PC was a highlight of that experience. Didn't get to really experience a football season while living there.
Post removed:
by user
EBrazosAg
AG
Just don't place a lot of hope on dining .
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Post removed:
by user
txgardengirl
Long time PC member - very family friendly.

I'm not sure about the dining comment above - the featured nights like Pasta & Prime Rib or the Wine dinners are quite good. The normal cantina/grille/pool menu is just that - simple country club fair that's solid. The menu changes about 3x a year to add/delete items and update.

It's a home away from home.

I do attend events at Traditions with friends a bit, it's super nice but just not as big and even though it's only miles away, it feels like a jaunt especially with the upcoming 2818 construction
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.