Reception of KAGS TV signal south of Rock Prairie road.

4,378 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jeremy
AFM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I recently have started using over-the-air signal to watch TV. I have an antenna in the attic. The reception of KAGS (NBC channel 23) is intermittent. Does anyone has the same issue? For example, twice I tried to watch Sunday night football and I got no signal whatsoever. I live south of Rock Prairie road in CS. Thanks for your info.
gutmancometh
I live in Wellborn and my antenna in on a pole above the house and I have the same problem.
Roy G/CSB
Use a amp.
farmerJohnny
I live on Graham and have an indoor high def digital antenna. I used to get KAGS pretty well if I had the antenna directed in a specific direction and if my computer was off (my antenna is close to the computer and if the computer was on, it would interfere).
With that said, for at least the past month I have not been able to get any signal at all from KAGS. Even if I turn off my computer, I still cannot get a signal, which I was able to do before.So something happened, they changed something. It might be along the strategy to force people to get cable. It seems that more and more over the air channels are starting to go that route, because then the can force the cable providers to give them a better deal.
marrocco
South College Station/Tower Point needs its own NBC station.
jeremy
AG
Where is the station located so I can point my antenna correctly?
VincentBlack
I live South of Rock Prairie but North of Barron, and NBC is solid for me. For anyone interested in what hardware I'm working with: I have one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074H3IU6

-It is hanging in my attic facing N-NW using quad-shielded RG6 to a 4 tuner Tablo. It's hanging as high as I could reach without getting a ladder. In the past couple of years, I remember only one time during a bad storm where we had poor signal and digital artifacts. I do not have any amplifiers.
EBrazosAg
AG
KAGS antenna is on 2818 in North Bryan. Very different heading than KBTX antenna and only 1/2 the height. Plus its a LP (low power) station. All those factors probably make the signal in certain areas less reliable.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Nutmegger
AG
Do you get ABC as well with that antenna?
jeremy
AG
Thanks ebrazosag. Could not find any data on where that darn thing is located!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.