Vasectomy anyone?

14,637 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Counterpoint
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have something to watch on TV because that's all you're going to do for about two days. I rented Day 1 of 24 on DVD and watched the entire day in about 30 hours. Kind of hard to sleep that first night. Frozen peas, as someone else said.
Red Krow
Yeah I have planned for that. I bought a couple old, new to me, x-box games and plan on watching a few movies. Kinda looking forward to the recovery. I have not had a chance to milk out a couple of days of doing nothing for as long as I can remember. Life keeps me pretty busy. It's going to be a nice break.
jeep
AG
Dr. Ralph Young. A+++
badbilly
AG
Six pack rule, put one between your legs and drink the other five, that's what the doc told me
CrazyAgE
Had mine done with Dr Young (Ralph) about a month ago. Absolutely superb! As a previous poster mentioned, great bedside manner. He talks with you through the procedure. It's only you and him in the room (no nurses, in case you were wondering). The procedure didn't last very long either. I had it done late on a Friday and took it very easy until like Sun morning. I think I only took Tylenol maybe once and that was the first night rigjt before I went to sleep just as a precaution in case it may hurt during the night. But by Sunday, I felt really good.

I highly recommend him! Also, don't believe all the stories that your friends/family hype you on about its the worst thing ever. I just went with the mindset of, I have to just do it or I will just keep letting people talk me out of it...and it really turned out to be not bad at all!!
Stupe
S
You waited until after football season was over and it isn't the Wednesday before March Madness?

I'm surprised that you even needed the operation.

[This message has been edited by Stupe (edited 2/3/2014 3:55p).]
mwm
I find any post by a guy named "Rooster" rather odd on a thread about a "V".
CrazyAgE
quote:
You waited until after football season was over and it isn't the Wednesday before March Madness?

I'm surprised that you even needed the operation.

When they explain to you the difference in price since the deductible had already been met, being late Dec, versus what it was if I had waited until Jan 1 or later........no brainer my friend!
89ag96
Requisite Family Guy vasectomy clip, probably with a TV-14 DLS rating:

http://video.adultswim.com/family-guy/vasectomy-barbershop.html

You may find the tune to be similar to another song from these parts.
SlimM
AG
quote:
Vasectomy anyone?

No thanks!
Red Krow
Wanted to finally follow up. Fully recovered, Dr. Young did a great job.

Had the procedure done. Not sure how much detail you all want. My wife was in the room and that helped keep my mind off of what was going on. I had a little pain during the procedure but he gave me more anesthetic for it. At one point it felt like I got kicked in the nuts, but it passed quickly. Felt a little light headed after it was all done, kind of out of it.

Took a bunch of vicodin the rest of the first day and played xbox. Laid in the recliner and played xbox all of second day, also took vicodin though I probably didn't need to. Not much pain more of an ache but at that point I didn't want to feel anything down there. Third day didn't take any pain meds, got up and about a couple times but still, hung out in recliner most of the day. Fourth day got up and about and did light house work, still kinda took it easy. Went back to work that weekend.

Valentines weekend was super busy and way over did it at work. Was in a lot of pain and could barely walk. I thought there was an infection or something was very wrong. Called Dr. young, they told me to come right in. He saw me and told me I over did it and it was extremely swollen. I took two more days off and laid up in the recliner, then took it much easier at work for a couple weeks. Swelling went down in about a week.

All is healed; had my first follow up test a few weeks ago and it was clear. Overall it turned out great, not the smoothest recovery due to me over doing it. Dr. Young was very courteous and professional. He took his time with me at all appointments, I never felt rushed. He has the best bedside manner of any Dr. I have had experience with.
SA-AG72
AG
Ice and lots of it. Lad you survived, Red.
Stupe
S
The frozen peas are the worst part of the entire procedure.

Some things just aren't meant to be cold.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
This thread came up when I Googled... Are these recommendations still good?
EBrazosAg
AG
Ralph and Alan Young retired. Chuck Peirce is the way to go.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tim Weaver
Somebody asked about pain. There really isn't much pain during the procedure, but it does fell like Dr Snippet reaches through your scrotum and grabs a hold of both of you lungs and tries to pull them out. I'm pretty sure thats what happened anyway.....

Also, smoke wafting up from your crotch is unsettling........
nought
AG
I'm late to this thread, but the funniest description I heard of the after-pain was that it feels like you do after you slam your finger in a car door, except it wasn't your finger ...
skeetboy3
AG
Unfortunately, the Youngs retired. They had a great practice (unfortunately I have a family history that necessitates an annual checkup and had kidney stones a couple times) . See Dr. Alan around town and he always recognizes me and is gracious. Wish all doctors were like them.
hopeandrealchange
Joe Nobody said:

Dr. Alan Young is a great physician and one of the greatest men you will ever meet. I highly recommend him as well.

I will agree with this. Dr Alan Young is a great man. He got me through Cancer. One of the best men I have ever met.
4ZORRO
AG
No thank's.
Counterpoint
AG
nought said:

I'm late to this thread, but the funniest description I heard of the after-pain was that it feels like you do after you slam your finger in a car door, except it wasn't your finger ...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.