Fast food restaurants charging for water??

10,613 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kingdom8772
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Lol at the guy above who actually believes he is getting that to go drink for free. No buddy.. You paid for it. The cost of a to go drink is figured into the cost of drinks at every restaurant.

OK. It was included in the price. But if he didn't take it, then he wouldn't have gotten something he "paid for."

I think we're parsing words over "included" vs. "free." The other side of the coin is that "free water" has a cost to the restaurant, but it's "included" as a cost of doing business. I'm with those who say tap water should be "included" or "free" whichever term is preferred.
CharlieMac
Again, we offer free water..

So we should offer the following for free: water in a cup, napkins, condiments, flatware, salt and pepper, salad dressing. . Whether you purchase an item or not?

Trust me when I say that people will justvwalk up and ask.
techno-ag
AG
quote:

Trust me when I say that people will justvwalk up and ask.

Reminds me of the guy who walked into a place and asked the waitress How much is Coffee? Coffee is a dollar. Well how much are refills? Refills are free. He said, Good I'll have a refill.
CharlieMac
Tanya 93
For the record, there is a gas station in Calvert that says you must be a paying customer. I started using the Love's in hearne if B-man can't wait. I get why and normally support it. But they didn't think a blow pop was a big enough purchase when they told me I had to buy something first.
Scooley01
AG
How did you decide that tap water and a restroom were the two things that *should* be free? Why not demand that french fries be free?

I only choose to eat at restaurants where the fries are free. It's just common courtesy.
FlyRod
I don't go out to eat/drink unless I can afford to. Just sayin.
Eliminatus
AG
In
scd88
AG
I'm on the road a lot. The only place I don't "pay" to use the bathroom if I'm not getting gas is Buccees. Otherwise, I'll buy a water or Gatorade, etc.

I also don't pay at a rest stop. Lol.
Tailgate88
AG
What an odd thread bump.
doubledog
scd88 said:

I'm on the road a lot. The only place I don't "pay" to use the bathroom if I'm not getting gas is Buccees. Otherwise, I'll buy a water or Gatorade, etc.

I also don't pay at a rest stop. Lol.
"Watering a tree" is free too, or so I am told.
ratfacemcdougal
Tailgate88 said:

What an odd thread bump.
and a first post for a rook....
Kingdom8772
Yeah, I know. I was actually thinking about deleting that post tbh. As it does come out kind of weird to some people. Although I wasn't meaning to revive this thread, just the sheer thought of me making such a potential mistake kind of made me worried that I would possibly receive negative backlash over it.

But all in all, I guess it really is a learning experience to simply discuss things and not be afraid to take in whichever responses come your way. And this coming from someone that hardly uses social media (unless it's with a family member or a close friend, of course)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.