Heberts Cajun Food told to relocate after 22 years of serving Ags

10,997 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieBarstool
AggieBaseball06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was there last week when I was in town and they said that their last day in that location would be June 15.
Dr. Teeth
AG
So when are we imploding the old location?
BlueMiles
AG
Where in the Tejas center will they be?
Dr. Teeth
AG
Probably that spot next to Chef Cao's. There's a campaign office there now, so it should free up soon.
AgTrip
Been here since 87 and have never eaten there. Now that the will be where you can sit down and eat...looking forward to trying them out!
redd38
AG
quote:
Been here since 87 and have never eaten there. Now that the will be where you can sit down and eat...looking forward to trying them out!

The current location has a seating area. Just FYI.
ruffinomeats
Talked to Paul Hebert Tuesday afternoon and he told me the move to the Tejas Center is not going to happen. Apparently there is a last minute disagreement on the rent. If anyone knows of an available spot for them to move to give Paul a call.
BlueMiles
AG

Edit to add - Lenny's/Riviera shopping center, or the old Vietnamese Taste location?

[This message has been edited by BlueMiles (edited 6/7/2012 3:41p).]
AgResearch
AG
KBTX.com - Hebert's Cajun Food Unable to Secure New Location
slickwilly107
EXXON in South CS! Start a petition!
Tailgate88
AG
Why can't they move their shack to somewhere else at Northgate? I need my pot roast sandwich fix!!
PS3D
Because the rents in Northgate are unreasonable unless you plan to market beer or open after the bars close?
Tailgate88
AG
But isn't there a corner of a parking lot somewhere they can just move their shack to? I'm not talking about moving into another building. Just move the shack.
Swarely
quote:
EXXON in South CS! Start a petition!

I would literally eat there at least twice a week if not more.
Classy Gentleman
I hope they find somewhere
BlueMiles
AG
Maybe they can team up with JJ's snowcones.
Max06
AG
I vote for Best Buy/Barnes N Noble parking lot.
AggiePhil
AG
Seems like a great concept for a food truck. Especially since they're already doing it in a space that small. Would allow them to continue to cater to the university and to the rest of the community.
PS3D
^^^ Sounds like a GREAT idea. It's practically tailor made for that type of thing.
eliza1558
AG
There seem to be some spaces open in the strip center on Rock Prairie where J&J's, Papa John's, and Must Be Heaven are located. With the hospital right there and all the traffic in the area, I think it should be a good location.

And I'd love to have them in the neighborhood!
Stupe
S
I think that they would make a killing in South CS.
Tailgate88
AG
Actually, a food truck sounds like a great idea!
MiMi
S
Anyone know what time they open? I would like to go for lunch Monday. I have been here 22 years and hate to admit I have not eaten at there yet. I want to go before they shut down.
Max06
AG
11A-6P if I remember correctly.
techno-ag
AG
+1 food truck.
naturalbob
So hate to see them closing.
ANY move is going to incur large expense; whether food truck, strip center, or new stand-alone kiosk. They have never needed to market the business, word of mouth seems to have been their 'marketing.' Not only will they incur costs of new building, food truck, or much higher rent, but they will need to develop whole new customer base, as they will lose most of their present walk-up trade.
I've eaten there at least once a week for awhile now, and will truly miss them, but unless they find an Angel, I am not optimistic about their future.
shihitemuslim
AG
Went to CS today. Is there no more Herbert's?
BCStalk
Will be opening up in Caldwell sometime this month.
AggieBarstool
shihitemuslim said:

Went to CS today. Is there no more Herbert's?
They moved to now-defunct Village Foods for a while, but no, Herbert's has been gone for 5+ years. Miss them, too.

There's a grassroots effort on Facebook to see them reopen, but I haven't seen much traction. If the poster above is correct, I'm excited for them, but I can't imagine too many people will be flocking to Caldwell for some Cajun food.
BCStalk
I work in Caldwell so I'm pretty excited.

https://hebertscajunfood.com

bushytailed
AG
Caldwell? Really? No BCS location?
Buford T. Justice
AG
Obviously, I don't know if you have driven through Caldwell lately, but there is a second city within the town, and it consists of oil field employees that are living remotely in rv's.

I would put my money on Hebert's to absolutely kill it so long as the Hwy 21 O&G economy is booming.

ratfacemcdougal
Hummmm....I may have to spend more time in my Caldwell office.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
I ate a ton of of their food while in college. I'll definitely be making the trip.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.