Head FB Coach at Bryan and College Station H.S.??

42,769 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BCSWguru
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There has been a change of philosophy. Bryanishome has current poop.
frito bandito
Change in philosophy means little if the district keeps growing.
bradleyk
I was at the Board Meeting on Monday evening, even giving some public comment, and the board approved the expenditure for a demographic study, which I will state, that I am for the study.

It was discussed what the demographic study will provide about current outlook of property that current owners may sell or have intent to sell for development, the anticipated home values, etc., to detemine where growth and what potential age of buyers will be going. It will also give an idea of where current 3-5 yr old students are, for entry into elementary schools, to show the shift of the students to which schools.

It was discussed that Davilla is not close to full capacity, Rayburn has a few empty classrooms as does SFA, but Long is busting at the seams. Student enrollment for this year was discussed as levelled off for the first time in forever.

I personally agree that an attendance rezoning will need to be done, and I personally think the demographic study will definately provide the info for that, likely to be completed in the next few years. It will be critical for the district to take advantage of rezoning to fill classrooms and reduce portables.

I have advocated the movement of Bryan High to 4A, as it will definately cut down on transportation costs. With the added help of enrollment at Bryan Collegiate HS, it is very possible that Bryan High could be a 4A school, as well as CS. This has not been discussed at the Board Meetings that I have attended over the last few months, but it is being advocated. If attendance levels off for one or two more years by chance or even declines, it could be a probable scenario, in my opinion.

I know that this has not been discussed to me, but I would assume that Rudder could be renovated to accept more students with the amount of available land that is still there, which could also help put both schools at 4A. There are some possibilities out there that could make it work.
dman2217
So revisiting this topic now that CSHS has completed it's first season being playoff eligible...who do you guys think has done a better job? CSHS or Bryan High?
Honeybear
Steve Huff had two "outlaw" seasons and one regular season to produce: 1st round loss in playoffs. With the cream of the crop from College Station.

In the last three seasons Lee Fedora has won two state championships.

litig8r187
AG
And a probable third on the way
Scoopen Skwert
AG
How has this worked out?
BCSWguru
very well for Fedora

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.