Head FB Coach at Bryan and College Station H.S.??

42,731 Views | 321 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BCSWguru
ATM1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With both of these schools being open, who will be the front runner to take the job as Head Football Coach/Athletic Coordinator?
Agsroll
AG
Fedora?
cstag07
R.C. Slocum. Think about it, could be a nice retirement gig. And at the College Station High School, not Bryan (no offense, and this is why I edited my post).

[This message has been edited by cstag07 (edited 12/13/2011 8:54p).]
Fleen
I would pay money to have RC coach my kids...
ATM1996
Brazos Valley....By the lack of response, I can't believe no one really cares about who the next candidates are to lead your kids. Football is such an important part of Bryan/College Station and has been for years. Exercise your right and post your candidates out here so that the Administrations of these two great schools can get an idea of who the community would like to see lead our future leaders.
frito bandito
I would like to see Pryor and/or Kavanaugh get the chance they should have gotten last year.

[This message has been edited by frito bandito (edited 12/14/2011 9:52a).]
Honeybear
Second the Pryor and Kavanaugh motions.

Heard Ross Rogers was going to apply at BHS.
techno-ag
AG
Eh. The only thing that matters to most folks around here is that Sumlin is coming back to A&M.

A lot of people I know haven't cared about high school football since the Merrel Green and Jim Slaughter days.

But good luck to whoever gets hired in either position.
Honeybear
It is a shame that the going's on up at the "university" (firing, hiring of a coach) overshadow the other important events/situations in our community. I realized that 80% of the people in this town would not be here without TAMU's presence. So TAMU is very important. But, the men who are hired at these high schools as coaches/mentors will have a direct impact (for years to come) on the youth of our community. They and their staff members will coach/teach thousands of our kids. Who both districts hire is vitally important in the long run. But....I think we let university hoopla over-ride the great things our local school are involved with. Kevin Sumlin will have little to no impact on mine or your children's community life. JMHO, rant over, thank you.

[This message has been edited by Honeybear (edited 12/14/2011 12:49p).]
techno-ag
AG
Yea the big school rules. More people care about what happens there than in Bryan, College Station, Navasota, Snook, etc.

Not to say those schools aren't important, it's just a matter of scale.
12th Non-Reg
quote:
Who both districts hire is vitally important in the long run

Meh. It's a game.

I hope they hire good coaches but hiring good chemistry and math teachers is what is actually vitally important.
Newbomb_Turk
People care that have or had a kid playing or attended any of the local high schools.
12th Non-Reg
Caring =/= vitally important

I was unimpressed with the dramatic overstatement. Didn't say people shouldn't care.
Newbomb_Turk
Maybe Coach Pier from Rudder will get a chance at BHS. He should've been the hire 6 years ago when *Merrill* Green hired Bellard.
moomoo
I agree with several of you. College towns usually do not care much about their high schools. If you believe Kavanaugh-Pryor should get job start emailing and get community behind them. Now that could be a problem in a college town. The school board should be involved, the super and principal should be emailed or visited. That is if you can get people to care
kevmiller
quote:
Heard Ross Rogers was going to apply at BHS

love to see Ross get back into coaching. I was really hoping he would of gotten the SHSU job a few years back...but the hire SHSU made seems to be working out just fine for them.

The Brazos Valley needs another juggernaunt run like the one he took Consol on from the late 80's to the mid 90's. 8 year run, 7 district titles, 8 playoff trips, never lost in Bi-District round, advanced to at least the state semifinals 4 consecutive years from 1989-1992, 3 state championship game appearances, 1 state title.
that was a fun run.

Ross always talked openly about the Bryan job..always raved about their talent. unfortunatly they never really could translate that talent into on fied success on a "state level"

[This message has been edited by kevmiller (edited 12/14/2011 8:03p).]
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
if Rogers wants that Bryan job he should get it. no applying or interviewing or anything.

he's an instant program maker and brings immediate credibility to the program. he'll make fans, alumni, students, athletes, and all of Texas high school football sit up and take notice.

most of all...he'd bring stability to that program.
InTheMix
He did apply, he was interviewed. Let's see if they do the right thing and hire him.
Agsroll
AG
If you were a coach, which job would you want? Bryan or College Station High? I wonder if Rogers has his name in the hat at both places.
EVA3
AG
I'd love to see Lee Fedora and/or Charles McMillan considered at Bryan.
ComfortAg
AG
quote:
Ross always talked openly about the Bryan job..always raved about their talent.

Keep in mind that was in a pre-Rudder High School era. College Station will be experiencing the same dilution of talent in a couple of years.
snarl282
Fedora is clearly the right man for the new College Station job. As noted in "Field of Dreams"....build it, and they will come.... Fedora knows how to build programs and produce championships like his mentor, Ross Rogers. I think it would be a HUGE mistake to hire a Pryor or Kavannah at this point in time. Fedora holds the blue prints of success for the new College Station High School....
techno-ag
AG
To answer agrolls' question, were I a coach I'd want the Bryan job. Definitely. I think your playoff possibilities are higher with the pool of talent coming up in the lower grades in Bryan, from what I've seen.
ATM1996
If I were a coach, I would want the College Station job. Yes, Bryan is more established etc, however the potential is greater at C.S. to win long term and build something special. Brings me to my second point that C.S. needs someone special to lead them and that someone special is Fedora. Watching Fedora from the stands, I get a true sense that the guy has a lot of Integrity and Class about himself. Certainly looks like he has a great passion for football and the community he serves as well.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
however the potential is greater at C.S. to win long term and build something special

Disagree with you there. The long term potential is in Bryan, not CS. One thing you find is a fluid movement of students into and out of CSISD. The Bryan athletic base is more stable. I don't have the stats to back that up, it's just an observation.

For longterm success in high school football, I think you're going to see consistent playoff teams from Bryan before CS.

That's purely my opinion, and you're welcome to disagree, but it's a valid observation.
Bryanisbest
AG
All 4 bc-s schools will be 4a in a couple years. Great competition is coming again. Bryan has great mixture of black/white. Porobably makes it the better potential job. May explain why Ross Rogers rumor is connected to Bryan rather than CS. All 4 schools will be tough in a new district in couple years.
TAMU1990
AG
Heard Fedora turned down the Consol job and suspect the same reasons will still be there for the CSHS job.
snarl282
All good posts. Have to disagree with Techno-Ag. Haven't seen Bryan make a run like College Station in the Playoffs for years. Think about some of those players moving out to the new school under Fedora's guidance?

Also, disagree with Wendy1990. I think Fedora will take the new job if offered in CS. Looking back last year, I didn't hear a lot of good things about the CHS job, which is probably why Fedora decided to stay put until the new job opened up. If Fedora is offered on new CS job, I'm betting that he takes it and runs with it, building it into something special. He's taken Navasota to new heights, but I think his heart has always been in College Station, especially having played and coached there.
ATM1996
Got to go with Snarl on this one. College Station is clearly where the consistency is at regarding football playoff runs.

If I was on the board, my ONLY candidate would be Fedora for the new CSHS job. Who else would be a natural fit for this community? Who else knows how to win in College Station. I don't know about you all, but I don't want to see an outsider get this job. Fedora is College Station....period
snarl282
BV: Check out these stats I found on Fedora's background. The dude is like 39 or 40 years old with monster stats.....

Overall Head Coach Record: 113-52
14 years Head Coaching Experience
10 years of Playoffs
7 District Championships at 3 different schools
8 Quarter Final appearances
1 Semi-Final appearance
Being the Head Coach at CSHS: Priceless....
TAMU1990
AG
Heard that Fedora turned down the job because he wanted his assts to coach only (no teaching). Also heard that he didn't like reporting to someone. Again, this is what's out there. If this is true why would Coulson allow him to have coaches only at CSHS and not at Consol?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Fedora will eventually join his brother in the collegiate ranks. Its only a matter of time.
ZachTheGoodAg
AG
Well, whoever they pick for the head coach at the new CSHS will be a lucky guy. My son will be on this team and this is a group of guys who have literally never lost a football game since they started seventh grade. That includes going to play in places like Austin Westlake. And it's a very coachable group. He will be getting a talented group to work with.

ZTGA
bigfoot10s
AG
Rivalries board poster is claiming that McMillian from A&M is taking the BHS job. Says Bryan is his alma mater.
snarl282
Zach...hope and pray that Fedora gets the new CSHS. Your son and his teammates will be guaranteed a State Championship if Fedora is named the new coach.

Also, your son and his teammates will become men under Fedora's guidance......So get out there and promote Fedora for the new coach.... you won't be disappointed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.