Looking for a really good Pulmonologist

1,811 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by atp2007
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My Father and Step-Mother are in the process of moving to B/CS and switching doctors, etc. My Father has emphysema and we are looking for the best pulmonologist we can find.

Recommendations would be so greatly appreciated!
CEAg78
AG
I saw Dr Weber at Brazos Lung Associates. I think Dr Amin is the lead physician. They're in the St Joseph Professional Building. 774-0012

Have your folks got a primary care physician yet? That person will tell them which of those docs to see. But I'm pretty sure Brazos Lung is the preferred group.
Kitten With A Whip
No primary yet. Still in the process of buying their home atm. So far the only doc he's been seeing here is Dr. Kuhl at The Retina Center for his Glaucoma.

Seems like I may have heard good things of Dr. Amin before, but not certain.
MasterMind
Dr. Rajesh Harrykissoon at the College Station Medical Center is one of the best. He is a board certified internal medicine physician specializing in pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine. Also, a very nice guy who listens.
toocool
+1 for Dr. Harrykissoon.
sega
Dr. Weber is a cowboy with a God-complex! May be a good pulmonologist but his bedside manner sux the big one! My mom was a patient of his and spend seven weeks on life support in ICU, I dealt with him almost daily. Left much to be desired.
pattikake11
Dr. Scott Spencer is really good, he is located in the Professional Building near St. Joseph's Hospital. My husband has him for over five years.
RXAggie02
AG
+2 for harrykissoon. He is awesome!
Kitten With A Whip
Thanks for all the input! Harrykissoon... Is that pronounced like it sounds?
Counterpoint
AG
Any good recommendations within S&W?
Maedan86
AG
Plus 1 for Scott Spencer
Kitten With A Whip
We ended up going with Dr. Anup Amin. He's very good at what he does, but we only saw him for a short time. My dad passed away at the end of 2012.
atp2007
Dr. Gene Veley is with S&W.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.