Speed & agility training in College Station

7,523 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggierandie
selk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
is there anyone that does speed and agility training in CS? Looking to get my 12 yr old son some training now that football is over
DBSwooper
Cliff Latham would be my first choice. He has a long history with college level athletics and personal training.

He also has on his training staff Christian, who played Division I football.

http://www.coachcliff.com/index.html
dubi
AG
I've heard good things about Brad Tillery!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/BCS-Fitness/121349967880087
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Brad Tillery is the man!
TAMU1990
AG
Antonio Gipson
stubby93ag
AG
+1 for Antonio Gibson

http://www.policyxl.com/allstar/

My son has been training with him for a couple of months and really likes working with Antonio. He's a super nice guy, former professional football player, and he's great with the kids.
ZachTheGoodAg
AG
+2 for Antonio. Two of my sons are training with him. Any guy who can actually make my sons WANT to come out and practice when it was 100 degrees this summer is doing something right.

ZTGA
aggiepaintrain
AG
Antonio Gibson + 3
atm86
AG
A&M has one every summer. It is excellent and the attendees get to train with various athletes from the university.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
+4 for Antonio Gibson

gig'em

Stoney
S
There will be a program at CONSOL this summer. They offer morning and evening sessions.My kids have done it for years.
barney94
AG
+5 for Antonio Gibson

djalk
AG
I don't know who it is, but every Sat morning starting as early as 7am, there is a guy training that age and up kids at the park next to the pool on Rock Prarie. You could just walk up and ask him.

From what I see, he works these kids hard.
Agism95
That would be Antonio. He is great! Our son started taking from him about 5 years ago. He was playing little league baseball at that time. Within the first week we saw a huge improvement in his baserunning. He still works out with Antonio in his off seasons. Antonio has worked really hard with our son on his football footwork.

I have talked with a few other parents who have seen huge improvements rather quickly from working with Antonio. He is a fabulous guy. A blessing for the BCS area due to Katrina.

http://www.policyxl.com/allstar/
TLL
TLL
My son goes to Coach Whitehead. This is his web site www.teamellite.webs.com/.

We highly recommend him, he's very knowledgeable, and our son loves him. He's been going for almost a year and we can see improvement all the time from his continued training with Coach Whitehead. His pricing is also very reasonable.

dinky
l
dinky
the trainers at team ellite are very good they offer all kinds of programs track football baseball softball basketball my son has met all types of players and attended special camps put on by them. the pop warner team thats on the way to florida is made up mostly of team ellite coaches and trainers. they have several track athletes ranked in the nation. they also train alot of houston select baseball teams. great results in short time all age groups teamellite.webs.com
O.G.
Not sure of the guys name but there is a guy that does that type of training at Brothers Park on Rio Grande in the evenings. I ran by them today doing their drills.
reed hickson
My son is the QB for the College Station Raiders Pee Wee football team who is leaving tomorrow to play for the national championship in Fl. He worked with Jay W with Team Ellite thru the summer. I really think the training and speed work really helped keep my son performing at a high level. Jay is really good and knows his stuff! He is good with kids too! Just a suggestion.

Here is his website: teamellite.webs.com
legalbird
Do not use your credit card to pay! Use cash only for these fitness clubs. It is very easy for someone to ruin your credit. Be very careful with names, addresses, etc. I have an amazing email that threatened to ruin my credit history (I need to copy/paste the email). My membetship expired. A few months later, the scare tactic/renewal email arrived. Supposedly, there was a technical glitch. By the way, if you use an email address, you will be spammed once a week with fitness updates. I was apalled that oneof our local fitness gurus would try such antics. Maybe with the slow economy, he felt he could pressure the member. In closing, do not provide Social Security number or driver's license

[This message has been edited by legalbird (edited 12/1/2010 1:31p).]
TXTECH Red Raider
Jay Whitehead is a great trainer. My son has worked with him for the past year and certainly improved his speed, quickness and mobility. Most importantly this has translated into improved confidence on and off the field. Jay relates well with the young athletes and knows just how to motivate them.

I would recommend Jay without reservation.
txsportsmom
My son has worked with both Antonio and Jay Whitehead. Antonio was definitely the better of the two. He is extremely encouraging and makes kids want to do better. My son got up to be at his workouts at 8:00 in the morning the entire summer last year. Definitely says something. He didn't dislike Whitehead....just said he wasn't as encouraging and friendly as Antonio.
boredatwork08
AG
Antonio is a computer repair client of mine. While I can't speak to his training abilities, I can say that he is a stand-up person, as is his family.

I'd love to see him get more business to keep him in this area for a long, long time.
dinky
tx sports mom the question was anybody not who was better like how you slid that in about not friendly. Both of them are stand up guys and great. now with that out the way every program is not for certain individuals a great trainer is someone who gets the best out of his athletes and make them perform at the highest level and pr(personal record) pass for 1000 rush 1000 get drafted make a team and so on. Im wondering did your child complete a full regime with Whitehead or some sessions. If you knew him and his passion for kids to say hes not friendly lol he is on majority of kids pickup list from schools around bryan and college station. Now encouraging whew have you seen him coach his teams that compete and dont even mention the parents that never let there kids play tackle football but when coach ask it was no hestitation the lady just ask for a trainer try em all see whats best last thing i was at consols field watching that peewee raider team practice and coach slaughter watching whitehead charlie matt troy et the am football players teach motivate encourage et play at a high intensity level.
CinchAG97
Punctuation and grammar - learn to use them, dinky, if you want anyone to take you seriously!
momof7brats
I have 7 boys and Coach Whitehead has trained all of them at one point or another in football and track. He not only places an emphasis on his training and agility programs but mentors these kids in how to be better athletes and citizens. He treats these kids with respect and also in return gets it. His programs are designated to the type of sport your child is interested in and shows them everything they need to know to be a better athlete. I can't say enough about Coach Jay he is one of the nicest men you will meet and you can talk to him about most any type of training your looking for and he goes out of his way to make it work for your child. I highly recommend him as a trainor and couldn't ask for anyone better. My boys are better athletes thank to him and I will continue to have him train them for as long as he has a program.
dinky
CinchAG97, I was simply responding and answering a question from my cell phone and probably did get some of the grammer incorrect. With that being said Im highly qualified to do what I do and have been doing it for years. Ive been through some of the best training possible. Dallas Cowboys, Kansas Jayhawks, Arena Football League, Texas Tech University, CSCS, CSCCa, USAW, the list goes on and on. I dont use grammar as a mark for people to take me serious its just the result of my work that people should take serious. Ive trained several athletes in the NFL, NBA, WNBA, MLB, and United States Track & Field. So please excuse my grammer and look pass the small errors and look forward to my work efforts and my history of working well with athletes of all ages, skill set and sports.

[This message has been edited by dinky (edited 12/2/2010 5:23p).]
momof7brats
I am one of the boys that Coach Whitehead has trained. My experience with Coach Whitehead has been excellent. He trains me in football and in track. His coaching ability has improved me not only as an athlete, but as a student. I have learned alot and feel that I have become a better athlete with his help.
FishnFreak
I coach girls Fastpitch Softball we are a travel team I have used coach Jay Whitehead for over a year he has made a huge improment with my girls, they love him, he always does what he says he will and is where he says he will be which is big for me since our practice times tend to change alot. The instructers he has are exceptional I would recomend him to anyone and have recomended him to alot of teams that now use him.
aggierandie
AG
Does anyone have any updated suggestions for this post? I have a 10 year old son that is very active in baseball. His poor running technique is causing him foot problems. In a perfect world, I'd like him to see someone once a week during the school year an possibly more during the Summer. TIA!
Oogway
We used Antonio Gibson and were very pleased. Nice man, great attitude. That was some time ago, so I will post a current link, since I don't know if the contact info I had is current:

https://www.ideafit.com/profile/antonio-gibson

I have friends that also have great things to say about Athletes Prime. Our schedule worked better with Mr. Gibson.

http://athletesprime.com/index.html

There are some other places, so maybe other folks can chime in on what they offer: DI Sports, Field House Sports, and some other local trainers.

Hope he gets healthy soon, baseball is a fun sport!

Chris98
AG
My 12 year old son (plays baseball, football, & track) loves D1. It's a little expensive, but is unlimited classes

I believe that Athletes Prime has closed
Oogway
Really? I admit, since we didn't use them I am not very current. Too bad, my friends seemed pleased with the training for soccer, etc.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
aggierandie said:

Does anyone have any updated suggestions for this post? I have a 10 year old son that is very active in baseball. His poor running technique is causing him foot problems. In a perfect world, I'd like him to see someone once a week during the school year an possibly more during the Summer. TIA!

Still Antonio Gibson. He trained me when I was in middle school and high school. He makes you want to work hard and focus on the small details. You have fun while you're there, but definitely get work done!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.