Locations for Rehearsal Dinner in College Station/Bryan

13,128 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by KenJohse
aggie028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My fiance and I are getting married in Bryan.

We would like to find a good place to have the rehearsal dinner next May.

So far we have thought of:
Benjamin Knox
Cafe Capri
Cafe Eccel
Christopher's World Grill
The Republic

Are there any other places would should consider or any neat/unique places that we may not know about?

Thanks in advance
EVA3
AG
How many people? Is this to be somewhat formal, or more casual? Is this for a Friday night? Food/beverage preferences?
TunaAg88
Probably somewhat casual. Friday night. Food can be catered or at a restaurant.
TunaAg88
Just wondering if I missed any unique places like Benjamin Knox
momlaw
AG
Downtown 202, next to Bryan Marketplace, Maddens.

http://downtown202.com/
pinkieyardbird
Maddens.
malibu9in1
c&j in bryan has alot of room...very casual
AboveAndBeyond
Malibu did you seriously add C&J to THAT group? Why not just rent out a McDonalds...
malibu9in1
Don't u have someone to tow? Gone Get!
kyotosushi
messinahof it would be beautiful that time of year
txbearkatz
Try the Brazos Cotton Exchange - great views of downtown - awesome!!!
txbearkatz
Try the Brazos Cotton Exchange - great views of downtown - awesome!!!
EVA3
AG
How many people?
evermoreAg
AG
You might try Briarcrest Country Club or Pebble Creek Country Club...and perhaps Traditions will have their clubhouse open by then. I think all of them will take a dinner like that from non-members. You would get a great atmosphere and a good meal, plus you can make it as casual or formal as you would like.
Vox Humana
Messina Hof +1
TunaAg88
Messina Hof is where the wedding will be so we would like to do the reception elsewhere. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I'm going to check out several of them this week.
AggieKatie2
AG
Is the German place still in downtown Bryan?
EVA3
AG
Some good suggestions already. I'll add The Kyle House. http://www.thekylehouse.com/

Traditions clubhouse has done at least a soft open. Open House was the night before the Nebraska game, I think. I may be wrong but I do not believe you can have events like this without being a member.
wethepeople
Astin Mansion in downtown Bryan. You can have it catered by a local restaurant; they can provide bartenders, servers, clean-up, etc....
Cotton Exchange has awesome views.
Miramont Country Club.
Christopher's catering is so-so. I would NOT go with the Hilton/Bell Ranch at all.
If you did it at a venue in dtown Bryan, you can have it catered by a nearby restaurant but with a more intimate/private atmosphere as apposed to having other patrons/noise/distractions....
2007aggie
AG
We had ours at Cafe Capri a year and a half ago. They were very nice/helpful and the food was excellent.

The only drawback is the room upstairs has very steep stairs. This could be an issue if there are people coming that have trouble with their legs/hips. My grandmother was having hip replacement the following week and didn't come because she couldn't make it up the stairs.
AggieSarah01
AG
La Riviera - good food, had a room to ourselves, and prices not too bad
polymath
I had my rehearsal dinner at Mr. G's in downtown Bryan. It was casual, but a lot of fun.
pinkieyardbird
Just had another thought- you could rent out one of the old houses- like The Kyle House, then have one of the new Mobile catering trucks come out- I think Veritas and Madden's both have them (Madden's might not be done yet).
BrisketTaco10
AG
Bumping this as I have the same question, 11 years later. Marriage will be in April 2022. We're trying to figure out rehearsal dinner locations and none of us live in B/CS. Does anyone have any updated suggestions/options of places that might suit around 40-50 people?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Does anyone have any updated suggestions/options of places that might suit around 40-50 people?
Fancy/expensive or casual/less expensive?
jac4
AG
Look at Kyle House.
There's a place adjacent to Old Bryan Marketplace, but the name escapes me.
BrisketTaco10
AG
I'm not ready to rule anything out just yet. Probably nothing too expensive. But we're not looking for burgers either, although I know there are some great spots in town. I know it's been a year of hardship for local businesses. I just don't know the area well enough since I left around 2014 ish to know if there are any new exciting restaurants.
Costa and Andreas
We can do it at Public and Main! (Former Cafe Eccell). We can tailor it as upscale or downscale as you want. We have a very big space.

To start some dialogue, you can find our catering menu at our website whereeveryhourishappy.com. My email is info@eccellgroup.com should you want to reach out.

Thank you
Costa
Robin Sparkles
jac4 said:

Look at Kyle House.
There's a place adjacent to Old Bryan Marketplace, but the name escapes me.
The place next to Old Bryan Marketplace is called Downtown 202.

In the past, you also could rent out the Village in Downtown Bryan for private events.

BUT if you choose a downtown location, make sure to check their event calendar. I've seen rehearsal dinners in downtown on a First Friday and the parking situation was not pretty.
Max06
AG
Ronin. Did our wedding reception there with a 60ish person guest list and it was perfect, plus they have a dedicated parking lot so that's always nice.
Golf1
AG
Bumping for same reasons as above. Getting married in June and looking for a casual place to do a rehearsal dinner Friday night. Seems like a lot of the places have closed due to covid or renovating from the freeze (Phillips Event Center) so just trying to get some fresh ideas.
JP76
https://1818venue.com/
Bryanisbest
AG
All these places are in Bryan. So proud of my town!
KenJohse
AG
My experience with weddings is that most attendees want to stay together in a hotel. However, my wife and I have a two/two fully furnished VBRO unit for those who want something more like home. Feel free to contact me at kennethjohse@sbcglobal.net if I can answer any questions.
Best wishes to you both from a couple who celebrated 50;last year!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.