where to get a turkey to make for Thanksgiving??

4,411 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by crappydad
ConAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
probably hosting our first Thanksgiving in College Station (thanks Hurricane Ike). Where should I get my turkey? Readfeld Meats? Farm Patch? anywhere else? looking for something in the 12 to 15 pound range probably
bigloco1
We got two cajun fried turkeys from Readfield meats last year, everyone raved.
CS77840
Honey B Ham on Texas Ave has both smoked and cajun fried turkeys
FortySomethingAg
Smoked turkeys from Ruffinos are great.
IDAg86
Do you want pre-fab or will you roast it yourself? I'm heading to the grocery store to pick up a bird. Then I'll bake it here, transport it to the gathering place.
If you want pre-cooked, there are a bunch of places. The above mentioned, plus Kroger, HEB, or maybe some church groups. I saw a sign at C&J's today, you can order from them. (C&J's on Texas)
Tailgate88
AG
Junek's is smoking turkeys. 690-0111. Yum! They are also doing turkey breasts if you don't need a whole bird.
dave99ag
AG
I'll second Junek's. We had one made last year for Thanksgiving. It was very tasty.
ro828
Over the past several years we've gotten frozen turkeys at HEB that go straight from the freezer to the oven. This frees up time and attention for more important things like pie and green bean casserole.
oilandgasguy
I bought two turkeys of that size at Sam's last year that were excellent. One was regular and one was smoked and both were already fully cooked. Just needed to heat and eat...
zla1976
We get ours from Readfields/Ruffino Meats....they are sooo good! And their spiral hams are too die for also.
JerryHughesYourDaddy
blue moon bbq is doing a thanksgiving deal, give em a try, you will not be disappointed.
69ag
www.gobblegobble.com
You won't get another kind of turkey after eating this kind!! YUMMY!
BVD
quote:
blue moon bbq

Where is this place??????
ConAg04
roasting it myself...so looking for fresh turkey
rp71
I second Greenberg birds. If you don't have the time (or whatever) to cook one and just want to heat one up - these are so so good!
crappydad
Greenberg burned to the ground on the 6th.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.