Bryan/College Station, Aquarium society.

4,623 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Capt.Starbuck
DRAINS_05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its been a while since we have had everyone with aquariums getting together every once in a while to talk fish. If you are interested in starting a BCS Aquarium Society start a list

[This message has been edited by Aqua Dave (edited 3/2/2008 12:48p).]

[This message has been edited by Aqua Dave (edited 3/2/2008 12:54p).]
aggiecorgi
My husband and I would be interested. I remember hearing about one a few years ago - but I don't know if they're active anymore. We have a 75 gal. cichlid tank and a ~2000 gal. koi pond.
txdragonfly
AG
I feel deceived. I was hoping for a thread about BCS getting an aquarium.
Justin2010
AG
me too
java94
AG
Sorry Dave, but the Brazos Valley Aquarium Society has been around a long time. Dr. Keith Arnold hosts meetings monthly, usually in his home. BVAS is a recognized member of the Federation of Texas Aquarium Societies (FOTAS).

Not much of a website, but it does provide contact info:
http://www.freewebs.com/bvas/.

And FOTAS is at: http://www.fotaswebsite.com/
DRAINS_05
AG
This is great! Haven't heard anything about this until now. How many people know about it or are involved?

[This message has been edited by Aqua Dave (edited 3/3/2008 8:14a).]
DRAINS_05
AG
I have actually been working behind the scenes for a local aquarium to be built. Great opportunity for research in Marine Bio at the main campus. Probably would move TAMU Marine Bio to #1 in the Country. There is a lot that can happen with this. Just need the community behind it. The City is looking for interest in a project like this. I think its a great idea. Something new for schools field trips instead of going to Petco.

[This message has been edited by Aqua Dave (edited 3/3/2008 8:30a).]
MexAg05
AG
I would like to go as well...I didn't know of such an organizations. Can you please let us know when the next meet is?
java94
AG
BVAS meetings are typically held on the second Monday. Dr. Arnold has been doing some remodeling, so it might be different this month.

I will post back when I find out more definite information.
TX Ag 00
I vote for an aquarium instead of a new park.
java94
AG
I received confirmation from Dr. Arnold that the next meeting is at his home on Monday, March 10th @ 7:30. The topic will be livebearers, but there is always time for discussion of any fish/pond related topics you desire.

Anyone is welcome. I don't want to post his address and phone number here directly, but you can find it at the BVAS website: http://www.freewebs.com/bvas/
java94
AG
Just a reminder that the BVAS meeting is tonight @ 7:30 for those who are interested.

See contact/location information in my previous post.
Tim Weaver
Is this still a thing? I read at one point there was a facebook group for BCS aquarists, but I don't facebook.

Is there any Aquarium group happening in BCS still?
Tim Weaver
I guess not. Sad....
techno-ag
AG
Sorry, it's no longer the Age of Aquarium.
Sinuso
AG
Put a seafood restaurant in the middle of it and I'll be on board. I always get hungry at the aquarium.
Capt.Starbuck
Sadly there is no longer an active aquarium group but we do have a facebook group. I did see that you don't facebook though. I'll ask in the group if there are any student run ones active on campus.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/39203589888/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.