Outdoors
Sponsored by

Nashville Shooting PD body cam

10,317 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Pooh Ah
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure some of the internet operators here or elsewhere have critiques, but overall I think these guys proved action is the biggest advantage. Looks like as soon as they were on scene with numbers they started clearing and never stopped moving.

I thought it was interesting towards the end they called for a LPVO to the front. Didn't seem like a huge area, I wonder if that's a doctrine thing for the PD or the guys equipped with those get more training and have more trust from the rest of the force. Either way, job well done.

ConfidentAg
AG
That dude was the first on the scene with a rifle it looks like. He was in a hurry and it shows.

Hero.
Naveronski
AG

Pretty sure it's the same video, but YouTube works at work.

Several things:
Cardio. Gotta move and keep moving, then be able to shoot.
Focus on ending the killing, then help the victims.
Yes, they flag each other a couple times, but it's damn near impossible not to, and they did a pretty good job.
LPVO's aren't just for outdoors work.

So, so much better response than Uvalde.
ConfidentAg
AG
Couldn't watch the video without shaking. Can only imagine what the cops or kids were going through. Wild.
UTExan
I only wish that the Uvalde cops had the same chutzpah.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TacosaurusRex
I have watched the video several times now, they heard gun shots and ran towards it.

Can someone fill me in on the LPVO?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Low power variable optic.

Good all around optic for an AR style rifle.
mwm
Wow.

Heroic action by the police. I am in awe of their courage in the face of imminent danger.
El Chupacabra
ConfidentAg said:

Couldn't watch the video without shaking. Can only imagine what the cops or kids were going through. Wild.
I have a 9 y/o and a wife that teaches. I can't imagine.
ConfidentAg
AG
Yep. Fiance is an elementary school teacher.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
The stark contrast from the response in Uvalde is pretty alarming. Hopefully departments here in Texas are training like Nashville Metro PD from now on. Wow, couldn't be any more different than the Fudds sitting around in Uvalde saying "He has an AR?! I'm not trying to get clapped out."

Hats off to Nashville PD and their swift response to this awful situation.
O.G.
Was/Were
RockwallAg
AG
I have a 8 year old and wife that teaches. They both have body armor on-site, my wife also has a medic and first aid kit in the classroom.

Also this summer we spent time cutting up old fire hose to be used as sore locks (place it on the hydraulic arm of the classroom door) and handed them out to all of the other teachers.

Praying for these families and out country.
nealan
That gave me chills
jrrhouston98
AG
Seeing the blurred out pink colored something they ran past just before they got to the shooter really freaked me out. These are kids. How the hell do you hurt a child??
AgLA06
AG
This is a general comment not specific to this situation or to be seen as political or religious.

Many individuals that at one point would have been seen as mentally ill are now protected or even celebrated.

We are failing at mental health issues in this country. As no one is allowed to feel offended, it is almost impossible to address to any degree.
EllisCoAg
AG
all true heroes, everyone going forward, great valor all around
txaggie02
AG
They definitely moved at a rapid pace and without any hesitation. That's great work and bravery! I can't imagine the intensity of going through that type of scenario and opening those doors, not knowing what was going to be on the other side of them. Lastly, T&Ps to the victims and their families.
Bregxit
AG
LPVO up front in case a precision shot is needed when they enter the room.

That was textbook "run to the threat, stop the killing" even when they passed the deceased child. Kudos to those guys. I pray they are not psychologically scarred to badly after that.
4xAgs
AG
Literally brought me to tears as I sit here in awe of those law enforcement officers and the unselfish bravery demonstrated. I didn't have tolerance for the anti-law enforcement rhetoric that has gone on for so long but will stand even stronger now. This is the true representation of law enforcement.

May God wrap His comfort and grace around those officers, that community and most importantly the families of those lost.

And may God lead our country to have meaning conversations and take meaningful action to prevent these tragic situations - and I am not suggesting more gun control.
Bigballin
AG
glad they got that she/it so quickly
El Chupacabra
Its pronouns are now was/were.

(shamelessly stolen)
lp01
AG
I have a 10yo and an 8yo on a campus where my wife also teaches in elementary. It is in a private school with one way in and one way out, gated, and 24/7 security. We dodged a situation last school year, and all security measures were ramped way up. Thankful for what we have available. Watching that video had my heart rate up.

The folks that went in and eliminated the threat are true heroes. So quick, efficient, and precise. Even watching how he handled his safety as he was clearing rooms. The minute details show exactly that they were trained well.
ConfidentAg
AG
You could tell he was frustrated that it took as long as it did.

Dudes a hero. I'll say it again.
4xAgs
AG
I noted the same thing - the way he manipulated his safety, his light, muzzle position, communication ….indicative of an extremely high level of tactical training.
BSD
AG
El Chupacabra said:

Its pronouns are now was/were.
(shamelessly stolen)

God bless those officers.
Bregxit
AG
My 13 year old freaked out yesterday. Two kids were passing in the stairwell and one asked the other if he wanted to see something cool then reaches im his pocket. Other kid runs off and tells the AP he thinks so and so might have a gun. Of course the rumor spreads like wildfire through the school. Daughter is texting my wife begging to leave, completely losing her ***** Turns out the first kid had a toy car he wanted to show.

We had a good talk about situational awareness zones, not panicking and keeping your head about you to assess what is happening. She went straight red zone.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
I assumed he didn't have the guy run point because of the LPVO, but rather because of the rifle as opposed to his handgun and the other guy that entered's shotgun. Thought he was just referring to him as "LVPO" similarly to how he was referring to the other guy with an AR as "blue shirt".

Could be wrong though, and the meaning doesn't matter much.
nealan
There was another officer with an AR/red dot. He didn't run point..

Not sure how significant that is though. Maybe the guy with the LPVO was just the most badass dude there
combat wombat™
AG
When they heard shots they MOVED FASTER TOWARDS THE GUNFIRE. They didn't wait in safety while the innocent were shot by a depraved individual.
P.U.T.U
AG
Looked like the guy with the semi-auto shotgun and pistol guy were there to follow orders of the LPVO guy. As soon as they located the suspect they called the LPVO to the front which looked like he was the one that took her down. Kill shots were not that far off but at anything over 20y I would much rather have a long gun too. Could have also been that it is a lot easy to open up doors and move in tight spaces with a pistol or shorter shotgun. Until I had a boating accident and it fell into the lake my home defense gun is a 10.5" short barrel AR but have no qualms about clearing my house with a pistol.

At the end of the day those guys are heros that ignored their own fear. As soon as they heard the shots several police officers ran towards it without being ordered. Bravo zulu guys, that is how it is done and there are a lot more heroes than the two names released.
FTAG 2000
AG
LE training is for long guns to lead the way on this in case long shot is needed.

Guy vocally leading the team is a local SWAT medic there in Nashville, knew his stuff.

Heros.

This video should be the gold standard for LEO training going forward.

Oh, and tie down everyone of those Uvalde cowards and make them watch this on repeat for about three days straight.
P.U.T.U
AG
Saw a SWAT medic and a retired Marine. Sounds like the guy I would want by my side during a mass shooting event
TOM-M
FTAG 2000 said:

Oh, and tie down everyone of those Uvalde cowards and make them watch this on repeat for about three days straight.

Amen. I'll bring the rope….it'll take a lot of it.
MrWonderful
AG
Was chatting with someone today about this, and their take on it was that Uvalde was the 9/11 of school shootings as it relates to law enforcements. As in:

1. Hijackings Prior to 9/11 - 20 planes a year
2. After 9/11 - 3.3 a year

Terrorists know that you are going to get taken down by marshals or mobbed by civilians. Lord knows it's not TSA preventing it

His point was that law enforcement has revamped their approach to school shootings which will hopefully help bring down the number of casualties, and more importantly, make it a less desirable target. We have a lot to do to further that effort.

Anyway - kudos to the Nashville PD that responded. That was clinical, it breaks my heart that they had to run past the body of an elementary school student to take out the shooter, but hopefully they get the support they need.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.