Outdoors
Sponsored by

Crazy Looking Axis

2,927 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BlueSmoke
Hewey Calloway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I shot this axis buck earlier this week. I thought y'all might find it interesting. The processor I dropped it off at said they'd never seen anything like it. Not sure how many points you could technically count, but he's pretty freaky looking. My favorite one to date.

Howdy Dammit
AG
Had too much fun with sleezy does
S.A. Aggie
AG
I might be afraid to touch it with bare hands! Congrats!
SA_Ag93
AG
Have seen several jacked up axis rack the last couple years after snovid. Very odd
Hewey Calloway
AG
Yeah that was kind of in the back of my mind. Then I sliced my had open real good when I was gutting it. Haven't noticed anything worse than usual so I think I'm good.
CashinOut
AG
You hunt out near Lubbock by any chance?
cupofjoe04
AG
CashinOut said:

For real. That dude has some serious antler STD's... Probably will never be hard again.
GinMan
AG
CashinOut said:

That buck has a serious case of Raider Rash…
C@LAg
I have watched "The Last of Us."

Looks like cordyceps to me.

You dead.
Hewey Calloway
AG
It's funny y'all say that. I believe he had the opposite problem. I found out when I went to gut him he was missing his juevos. I believe that was the cause of the freakish horns.
Get Off My Lawn
Could this be frostbite? Its symmetry makes infection or fungus seem less likely, and it looks like something beyond genetics. December saw a pretty hard freeze for south Texas - when he presumably wouldve been mid-growth.
txrancher69
AG
Looks like what we always called a "Catcus Buck". No balls so does not drop horns or clear velvet and the horns keep growing in weird ways. Usual ball loss is from getting tangled up with barb wire fence. Tears the sack open and infection sets in.
So three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar.................You can't convince me that's a coincidence.
Goodest Poster
AG
txrancher69 said:

Looks like what we always called a "Catcus Buck". No balls so does not drop horns or clear velvet and the horns keep growing in weird ways. Usual ball loss is from getting tangled up with barb wire fence. Tears the sack open and infection sets in.

Cactus, like a blue tongue. Testosterone doesnt know where to go.
Always the most goodest
cupofjoe04
AG
txrancher69 said:

Yes, but I want to know why the cat was cussing the buck?!?!
txrancher69
AG
Ha, Ha, good one. Hell Olds can't spell, everyone knows that.
So three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar.................You can't convince me that's a coincidence.
Thaddeus Beauregard
Very interesting looking axis! A buddy of mine killed a whitetail with similar traits - antlers still in velvet during archery season and knobby malformations on his antlers. It too had no huevos.
96ags
AG
With deer, those are generally the best eating. It's been my experience that all Axis are good, so no telling how good that one will be!
BlueSmoke
It's starting....

Nobody cares. Work Harder
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.