Outdoors
Sponsored by

Ice Storm Heroes

2,554 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dodger02
Shiner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's not forget the true heroes of this storm, the lineman.
They answer the call for mutual assistance and go about doing their job, restoring power as quickly and safely as possible. They don't get involved with 5 yr Capex plans, O&M management or the politics of ERCOT. The issue at hand is not their fault.
They serve 24/7, 365 days yr in rain, snow, ice heat and wind.
A rare but dedicated breed.
You probably have seen them working from utilities across the state. It doesn't matter if they're investor owned , city or co-ops , they're all professionals with family and friends praying they return safely.
Just a thank you, a wave or a will certainly make their day.
Scud Runner
Bottle of Jack waiting for my Lineman neighbor that I haven't seen in 3 days
ABATTBQ87
AG
jrbaggie
My son is here with us, mom and dad, getting some rest sleeping in his old bed with no alarm clock. He has put in a ton of hours over the last three days…..soaking wet most of the time.

Praise the lord!
Micropterus
AG
I just got back to my room and will be ready to roll again at 6 in the morning. Still removing trees off the lines. Its a mess.
Shiner79
Let me also add it's the guys behind the monitors keeping the juice flowing in the Ops Centers.
Working + 16 hrs days
You know who you are!
Thank you and stay safe.

Aggieangler93
AG
Shiner79 said:

Let me also add it's the guys behind the monitors keeping the juice flowing in the Ops Centers.
Working + 16 hrs days
You know who you are!
Thank you and stay safe.

Cheers to Giddings!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
mode67ag
AG
Selfless Service
clinte234
AG
Us RobCo Ags really appreciate you and the others for getting us back up and running!
Krautag81
What I want to know, where are all the libtards that were complaining about grid failures a few years ago? Seems to be holding up well now.
docb
AG
Still no power in Blanco County for me until at least Feb 6th. Had to dump the freezer today. No big deal. Ice was pretty bad.
dodger02
AG
Had a lineman in Holland get electrocuted. Had to be airlifted with significant burns. But he's alive.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.