Outdoors
Sponsored by

Missing boy in POC

17,170 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
P.U.T.U
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a friend that is a pilot on a barge, those things are massive and obviously cannot maneuver very quickly.

Mark Fairchild
AG
Mowdy Ag: I totally agree with you. If you have never been in FOG you really cannot imagine how totally disoriented you become. You cannot tell up from dow or left from right. It can become overpoweringly scary. Fly in Bell Jet Rangers offshore in '72 we flew into complete FOG over Vertigo Bay off Morgan City. I still remember and sometimes cannot shake the complete loss of orientation and fear that overwhelmed me. It is not something anyone ever wants to experience.

That said, I am so sorry for the family and offer prayers for them and their son!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Mowdy Ag
AG
I can't even imagine what that experience would be like in a helicopter. ...definitely white knuckle time though...
water turkey
Mark Fairchild said:

Mowdy Ag: I totally agree with you. If you have never been in FOG you really cannot imagine how totally disoriented you become. You cannot tell up from dow or left from right. It can become overpoweringly scary. Fly in Bell Jet Rangers offshore in '72 we flew into complete FOG over Vertigo Bay off Morgan City. I still remember and sometimes cannot shake the complete loss of orientation and fear that overwhelmed me. It is not something anyone ever wants to experience.

That said, I am so sorry for the family and offer prayers for them and their son!

Isn't that how the Kobie Bryant chopper crashed happened, in fog?
Jett01
AG
https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/missing-boaters-remains-recovered-sheriffs-office-says/article_e05aa7d8-a640-11ed-9448-83fbfe7c8b35.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR37xgP6o5kepngYHsedffkeRKlN7Ebd4Fb3fzz8Hlng6XCPmtHD8yywYjY&mibextid=tejx2t

Hadley's remains were found "near the accident scene" by the volunteer, according to TPW Capt. Chris Bird.
mAgnoliAg
AG
We went fishing one morning about 10 years ago and I was driving and could not see the water. Couldn't even see the bow of the boat. Only thing was gps and I could hear tug and ferry (near Galveston ferry) boat horns. I veered off course and ran aground and broke the skeg off the motor. Lucky that was all that happened.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.