Outdoors
Sponsored by

42 Question

11,010 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mpl35
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4's play them all out
Big 6
Big 5 and walk the rest
SunrayAg
AG
Dang, y'all are making me miss playing dominoes.
JB!98
AG
I am enjoying playing moon for a change of pace.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
SunrayAg said:

Dang, y'all are making me miss playing dominoes.

Well set it up.
chickencoupe16
AG
4s is the way. 5s isn't a bad option but 4s is safer. Play all 4s, 6/6, 5/5, the pray someone didn't both get dealt two 5s and hold onto them that late.
buzzardb267
AG
A group of my family went into Yellowstone NP in the winter back in the 80s. My Dad, Mom, her sister and BIL were avid 42 players. There was no TV or radio back then, so they got into a game of 42 in the lobby. They were also very animated and vocal. Within no time, they had an audience of about 20 people watching and had me trying to explain what was going on.

I had one person with a very Boston-ish accent ask me if they were mad at each other! Another asked if it was required to slap the dominos down at times. Everyone was very entertained.
mpl35
AG
buzzardb267 said:

! Another asked if it was required to slap the dominos down at times.
I assume you said "of course"....
buzzardb267
AG
mpl35 said:

buzzardb267 said:

! Another asked if it was required to slap the dominos down at times.
I assume you said "of course"....
Should have told them you got extra points for that!
Mathguy64
AG
Slap them on the table and hold them in their hands instead of sideways on the table.

And just lay down 3 or 4 and say "the rest are mine" and have someone else scream out "not yet ***** pick them up and play them".

Ah the days of cutthroat 42 at the Chicken or Duddleys.
Ogre09
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

4s is the way. 5s isn't a bad option but 4s is safer. Play all 4s, 6/6, 5/5, the pray someone didn't both get dealt two 5s and hold onto them that late.

I went 5s, but 4s would have been better. On 5s you lose if an opponent has the 5/6 and one of the other 2 5s. On 4s they have to have the 5/6 and the 5/3 and hold them both to the end. Odds are a little better that way, you're right.

The other 3 trumps were split evenly, opponent had the 5/6 but it didn't matter. It was a laydown after the first trick.
tamc93
AG
The online game used to be better when you could play real people.

We taught the kids how to play several years ago and basically have a set of dominoes on every trip. People always ask what we are playing and watch.

Also fun to play at the Chicken when there is a home game. The visiting fans are usually in "awe".
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
mpl35
AG
tamc93 said:

The online game used to be better when you could play real people.

We taught the kids how to play several years ago and basically have a set of dominoes on every trip. People always ask what we are playing and watch.

Also fun to play at the Chicken when there is a home game. The visiting fans are usually in "awe".

You can still play real people

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.