Outdoors
Sponsored by

New Can Day: like new gun day but better

8,679 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by tandy miller
BenderRodriguez
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or it makes old guns feel new, anyway. Especially when it took 230+ days for the govt to give me permission to damage my hearing slightly less.

CGS Hyperion, CGS Hyperion K, Rugged Micro30.

9" Hyperion on a 6.75" 300blk MCX. Plan is for this can to mostly live on this gun.

Hyperion on MCX, Micro30 on 11.5" AR, Hyperion K on mini fix:

K can for the K gun: Hyperion K on a 12" G3K clone

Micro30 on 12.5" Wolf T91 piston upper

Micro30 on 13.7" AR

Big gun little can/little can big gun: Hyp K on 20" Bergara, full size on 8" minifix.

Full size on Begara (loooong), k can on 12" gun.
rally-cap
AG
I'm beginning to think my next gun hobby purchase is going to be my first can. Trying to decide on a 9mm PCC dedicated can, then getting something new to put it on when it gets out of jail like an AP5, KP9, etc.
BenderRodriguez
AG
rally-cap said:

I'm beginning to think my next gun hobby purchase is going to be my first can. Trying to decide on a 9mm PCC dedicated can, then getting something new to put it on when it gets out of jail like an AP5, KP9, etc.

My pistol can paperwork got messed up and you cant correct an eform like a paper form so that clock got reset. Probably be 400+ days before I see it.

Señor Chang
AG
Wow! Awesome collection!
zooguy96
Oooh, look at me and all my toys...

LOL, just kidding.

Looks great.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
BenderRodriguez
AG
zooguy96 said:

Oooh, look at me and all my toys...

LOL, just kidding.

Looks great.

Its no year long African safari so it falls pretty short when it comes to OB levels of showing off, but I am pretty excited.

And dang it, if the govt makes me register sbrs and suppressors I might as well show them off. Plus as always, anyone on the OB is welcome to join me for a range day if they want to try anything out.
Aggietaco
AG
Seems to me like you have to move those around too much.

Time to submit a few more stamps.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Really disappointed this isn't a Guns for sale thread.

My children's college fund is not so disappointed.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
zooguy96
I originally thought the OP's wife got a boob job and we were gonna get to see pictures.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
What an *******. Envious
Mr. Dubi
It truly is a travesty that we have to beg permission, pay a bribe to legally obtain and wait weeks to years for a right that was granted to us by the Constitution.

Congratulations on finally getting your hands on them. I am at a year and a week, and still waiting for my latest acquisition
BenderRodriguez
AG
zooguy96 said:

I originally thought the OP's wife got a boob job and we were gonna get to see pictures.

*insert "theyre real and spectacular" gif*
BenderRodriguez
AG
Technology is cool. The Hyperion on the left is 3D printed titanium, huge compared to the Micro30 on the right…and they both weigh 15.1 oz….but the rugged requires a mount (more weight) to attach to on top of that.

Crazy how light the Hyperions are.
highvelocity
AG
nice! i got my cgs helios out of jail this week as well. well be dedicated to the 6arc for now. the chimera is going back on a 762x39 set up.

probably going to throw the hyperion k in jail when its back in stock
BenderRodriguez
AG
I think you'll like the K. My plan for it is mostly the short guns: 12" grendel, 12" .308, etc. Grabbed a vented endcap for mine as well.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Planning on getting to the range tomorrow to do some function checking and get velocity numbers on a few different guns, and a couple different barrel/can combinations on the MCX. While I was making sure I had everything out decided to grab a few pictures of the different combos.

The K can and the 6.75" barrel just barrel sit flush with the SD handguard:

The 9" barrel+k can is actually shorter than the 6.75" barrel with the full size. Really curious to see which sounds quieter. Dang shame I don't have a way to measure dB.

ldg397
AG
Love the pictures of the different configurations. I have the MCX 9" 300 blk and 11.5" 223 and use a surefire 300 sps. I need to take photos like this interested to see how you like it with this can.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Nice, I do love the MCX.

If it shoots reliably, plan is for 110gr barnes tac-tx as my go to load.

Just have to decide what barrel/can combo to go with…
RCR06
AG
Got my approval email from the atf this morning for a sandman s. Unfortunately I'm out of town for work all week so i won't be able to pick it up until Friday. Hopefully the .22 can I bought at the same time is also approved when I get home at the end of the week
BenderRodriguez
AG
Hope so! I waited until all my approvals were in before making a trip too. Less hassle
BSD
AG
Paper form just came in for my CGS Hekate. Now I just need a rifle for it…

BSD
AG
Here's the CGS Helios QD Ti, Hyperion, and Hekate lineup:

javajaws
AG
LOL I finally broke down and called the ATF about an overdue approval on my Wolfman. Turns out it was approved back in June but the dealer was never notified (or nothing ever reached them)!

The level of incompetence in our government just ticks me off. They can't even put it upon themselves to send out email alerts or anything like that. And to get another copy sent I had to send them a signed letter asking for one (after waiting on hold for 30 minutes to be told that).
BenderRodriguez
AG
javajaws said:

LOL I finally broke down and called the ATF about an overdue approval on my Wolfman. Turns out it was approved back in June but the dealer was never notified (or nothing ever reached them)!

Wow. Just wow.
BenderRodriguez
AG
BSD said:

Here's the CGS Helios QD Ti, Hyperion, and Hekate lineup:

A man of taste, I see.
BSD
AG
I've been known to locate certain things from time to time.

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.
BSD
AG
New can day (again)! One was approved Wednesday and the other this morning with both being April 14 submissions. Picked them both up today. Rugged Obsidian 9 and Q Erector 22.

tandy miller
AG
I almost got an erector. Let me know how you like it. Ended up going w an oculus
Mhickerson09
AG
Hey Bender, what lights and laser are you running on your guns?
El Chupacabra
F everyone for not passing the HPA when they had the chance.
NRH ag 10
AG
I strongly dislike being around unsuppressed centerfire rifles now. The last time I went and shot at the indoor rifle range there was me with and another guy both shooting suppressed ARs, and a guy that was told he had to stop shooting his binary trigger PCC because he kept hitting the floor, so he switched to a braked AR10. Rude.
tandy miller
AG

Green2Maroon
AG
Is that a 9mm?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.