Outdoors
Sponsored by

.22 Rifle Recommendations

8,098 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jpistolero02
ldg397
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't bring myself to take the suppressor off. It is very accurate 50 yds and in but you're right I probably need to stretch it out to 100 and really test the accuracy of it suppressed and unsupressed. I have had zero problems ejecting or feeding.
RockwallAg
AG
RCR06 said:

My 22 suppressor came in a few weeks ago. Dead Air mask 22. To get my 10/22 barrel threaded it was gonna be around $125. Decided for a little bit more I could get a tac sol threaded barrel. Better barrel and already threaded, win win. Tac sol barrel comes in and I think this thing seems a lot thicker than the original barrel. Whatever, I start taking off the original barrel as I'm watching/listening to a YouTube video explaining the process. I stop the video every so often to complete the previous step in the process. After getting the new barrel onto the receiver I start putting it in the stock and immediately realize this isn't going to fit. As the guy in the video mentions you will need a new stock to fit this barrel as it won't fit in the original stock. Well crap. To the internet I go and I decide on the magpul hunter. Just wanted to put a suppressor on it. Now I have an almost completely different gun.

Get a KiDD barrel or Volquartsen
agracer
AG
If you want to have some fun with your .22, find your local NRL 22 club and go shoot a match one weekend. It's a blast and you come back because you know you can do a lot better.
RCR06
AG
Too late. Otiginally I wanted a volquartsen, but everywhere I looked they were out of stock. Now I'm sure there's one somewhere, but none of the places I was looking had one.
RockwallAg
AG
I think the Kidd barrels are slightly more accurate but it's close. Scott Volquartsen provides awesome support on his products so it's a win win with either one
CentralTXag
AG
Lots of good .22 options out there. My first rifle was a Marlin Model 60 that I got for Christmas 48 years ago. Love that gun, still going strong. Bought a Savage heavy barrel, laminated wood stock several years ago. Beautiful gun and accurate. Have a S&W 15-22 and highly recommend as others have stated. Kids much prefer it to the regular AR's. Have a Henry pump from my Dad that is a lot of fun and probably my kids favorite to shoot. It's easy to shoot accurately with iron sights and is good practice for them.
nealan
Or the Winchester 52B
jpistolero02
Took her out for a test drive. It was a bit breezy but overall I am very happy with the rifle. I only tried two types of ammo (CCI Standard and SK Standard), the best was with the SK. I am sure with a solid rest on a bench, it would be tack driver. I was laying in the back of my truck at 50 yards. I did go back to my 100 yard bench and tried 5 with the SK. It shot under 1".

SKY1
If you want to blast the holy hell out of cans, cactus, cow patties, rocks, or mesquite trees..... get an M&P 15/22. Dad approved...kid tested. They work. So much fun.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Remington Nylon 66

My Dad gave me one. Great gun.
Hungry Ojos
Hate y'all. CZ 457 premium
jpistolero02
Nice! You are going to love it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.