Outdoors
Sponsored by

Need Help from Dallas PD

2,827 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
A good friend of my wife's has been receiving threatening, harassing, and repetitive (almost daily, sometimes more) emails from her ex boyfriend, who has a violent (felony) criminal past. We believe he is capable and willing to follow through with the threats he has made in writing via email to her and the people around her. Is there anyone in Dallas Police here (or someone you know) who can help this woman? She has attempted to get charges filed twice and is waiting for a detective to call her. It has been working on three weeks now and at this point we are desperate for help. Please contact me (contact info in my profile or PM) if you can offer help. Thank you OB.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
SteveBott
AG
Bocephus was a Dallas cop. I think he still is. Doubt he comes here so might check Varsity
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Thank you.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
AnSci99
Tell her to go to the county attorney and seek a protective order. If they were in a dating relationship, I think that qualifies under the Family Code. She needs to have all of her evidence to give to the county attorney. There should be some guidance on county's website.

But keep in mind that a piece of paper won't stop someone that's willing to hurt someone. She needs to be be vigilant.
Schall 02
AG
Protective order
baseballaficionado
Take her to the range and buy her a Judge, LCP or Glock 26.

The cops are going to be too late to help in any emergency situation. If they are proactive and arrest the guy for something, the DA will just release them.
Buzzy
Red Pear Realty said:

A good friend of my wife's has been receiving threatening, harassing, and repetitive (almost daily, sometimes more) emails from her ex boyfriend, who has a violent (felony) criminal past. We believe he is capable and willing to follow through with the threats he has made in writing via email to her and the people around her. Is there anyone in Dallas Police here (or someone you know) who can help this woman? She has attempted to get charges filed twice and is waiting for a detective to call her. It has been working on three weeks now and at this point we are desperate for help. Please contact me (contact info in my profile or PM) if you can offer help. Thank you OB.

Bocephus is still a Dallas cop. I forwarded this thread to him. I know one of his co-workers works in family violence, I'll contact her and see what options are available.
Wild West Pimp Style
Buzzy
baseballaficionado said:

Take her to the range and buy her a Judge, LCP or Glock 26.

I recommend a 9mm Lung Expeller.
Wild West Pimp Style
P.U.T.U
AG
Lawyer up and you will likely need a PI since the police are normally slow moving. I have one that works in the DFW area I can send you the contact info for
texAZtea
AG
Be proactive by making sure he can't follow through on those threats?

I am not condoning illegal actions.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Buzzy said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Bocephus is still a Dallas cop. I forwarded this thread to him. I know one of his co-workers works in family violence, I'll contact her and see what options are available.
Is he at his Dunkin Donuts office this morning?
Ogre09
AG
Big dog?
FSGuide
Can they afford manned private investigator surveillance at their house or of the ex-boyfriend until the police get their act together? Surveillance isn't cheap but it's better than him getting to her. I'm in the Dallas area if they need if. I offer Aggie discount. thetexaspi@gmail.com
-------------------------------------------------------
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Buzzy
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Buzzy said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Is he at his Dunkin Donuts office this morning?
He prefers bagels. He only goes to Dunkin when in downtown Las Vegas for their espresso.
Wild West Pimp Style
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Both Bocephus and FS Guide have been incredible throughout this process, going well above and beyond in all respects. I want to tell them thank you publicly for everything they've done for all of us. Thank you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.