Outdoors
Sponsored by

Hope none of you have binary triggers....

8,298 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by P.U.T.U
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ATF, being the unconsttutional institution they are, have arbitrarily deemed Rare Breed binary triggers as machine guns and are gearing up to begin forced confiscation from the manufacturer, distributors, reatailers....and owners.

In fact, anybody in posession of one is already classified as a "defendant" in the eyes of the overlords.

Never mind that binary triggers do not meet the legal definition of a machine gun. Period. Full stop.

If you dont think guns are on the list, you are a blithering idiot. This government is in the business of taking away rights, bar none.

Morpholino
AG
schmellba99 said:

ATF, being the unconsttutional institution they are, have arbitrarily deemed Rare Breed binary triggers as machine guns and are gearing up to begin forced confiscation from the manufacturer, distributors, reatailers....and owners.

In fact, anybody in posession of one is already classified as a "defendant" in the eyes of the overlords.

Never mind that binary triggers do not meet the legal definition of a machine gun. Period. Full stop.

If you dont think guns are on the list, you are a blithering idiot. This government is in the business of taking away rights, bar none.

They are emboldened due to the recent ruling on bump stocks, which also doesn't meet the legal definition of machine gun. But they don't care. Anything to trample on the gun industry and gun owners.
powerbelly
AG
Tyrannical bureaucrats are gonna tyranny.
javajaws
AG
I still don't get why Rare Breed sends out almost daily emails about their triggers being available to buy. If they are in such legal hot water why are they still selling them?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Morpholino said:

schmellba99 said:

They are emboldened due to the recent ruling on bump stocks, which also doesn't meet the legal definition of machine gun. But they don't care. Anything to trample on the gun industry and gun owners.

Yea, the fact that the bump stock ban stood and was never struck down by a court (or at least forced compensation to owners) dispelled any notion I had of our rights in this area being protected by any of the checks and balances.
TikkaShooter
Am I correct that the bump stock ban stood during Trumps presidency?
schmellba99
AG
TikkaShooter said:

Yes. One of the very few Bad Trump actons.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
Yeah, most of 'my friends' already went ahead and put full stocks on their AR pistols. The idea is that those are probably going to be illegal before long anyway so may as well make it comfortable and useful like it is. FJB. FATF.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Rare breed triggers have been attacked for a while. They aren't like regular binary triggers. They have a forced reset
normaleagle05
AG
Morpholino said:

schmellba99 said:

They are emboldened due to the recent ruling on bump stocks, which also doesn't meet the legal definition of machine gun. But they don't care. Anything to trample on the gun industry and gun owners. excuse themselves while they surround your home with you and your family inside, make it clear they'll murder you on sight, and then proceed to burn the house down around all the occupants.
JSKolache
AG
Is this new? I thought they went after rare breed in 2021.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Haven't watched the video. Will in a bit. However, the rbt is not a binary trigger. It's a forced reset... so it is different. Just wanted to make that clarification before anyone with a Franklin or echo trigger.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Picard
AG
Mine all identify as non-binary

TxAgPreacher
S
The AFT is a domestic terrorist organization full of tyrants. This is treasonous as far as I'm concerned.
schmellba99
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Haven't watched the video. Will in a bit. However, the rbt is not a binary trigger. It's a forced reset... so it is different. Just wanted to make that clarification before anyone with a Franklin or echo trigger.

I stand corrected on the actual type.

That fact changes nothing with regard to the letter of the law or at the ATF has once again made up legislation out of thin air.

You can bet that actual binary trigrs are on the hit list next too.

One report was that agents used zip ties to force the trigger into why they deemed "fully automatic" mode. I would love to see industry review on the procedure for this, because if you jerry rig anything enough you can reach the desired outcome you want to reach.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I mean, they called a shoestring a machine gun so....
Baron von Bulsh
TheEyeGuy said:

I mean, they called a shoestring a machine gun so....
Hypothetically, if ATF comes to you and asks who all has purchased these triggers from you, what happens next?
SMM48
AG
We all show up at the shop and yell ATICA. ATICA.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I kept no records of who bought them. They weren't a receiver so I only track receivers.
Baron von Bulsh
TheEyeGuy said:

I kept no records of who bought them. They weren't a receiver so I only track receivers.
....and that's why you're the best
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Picard said:

Mine all identify as non-binary

Can they swim?
Morpholino
AG
TikkaShooter said:

Yes. The ruling has been reaffirmed, overturned, reinstated multiple times since then. Last decision was Dec 2021 reaffirming the bump stock ban. Now the ATF is puffing out it's chest at Rare Breed before any other rulings occur.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Morpholino said:

TikkaShooter said:

Yes. The ruling has been reaffirmed, overturned, reinstated multiple times since then. Last decision was Dec 2021 reaffirming the bump stock ban. Now the ATF is puffing out it's chest at Rare Breed before any other rulings occur.
good lord, I just went to read about the latest status and came on this quote (emphasis mine):
Quote:

Friday's decision affirmed the original district court's judgment. The court split 8-8 allowing the lower court decision to stand. A majority vote was needed to overturn the lower court. The judges disagreed over whether a bump stock qualifies as a "machine gun" under 26 U.S.C. 5845(b) and, insofar as the statutory language is ambiguous, whether the ATF's interpretation merits Chevron deference given that unlawful machine gun possession is a criminal offense.
in what looney toon land is this statutory language ambiguous:
Quote:

The term "machinegun" means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.
i've read a lot of ambiguous laws but even admitting my bias, that one seems like pretty clear language... gosh i hope this one gets in front of the supreme court.

to lift spirit's, here's an old video of jerry miculek racing a bump stock. at the rate they are going the ATF is going to have to classify this man as a machine gun, but i guess he could at least register as a pre-86 weapon.
Morpholino
AG
The definition of fully automatic is only ambiguous if you don't know **** about guns. Unfortunately these people who don't know jack **** about weaponry are some of the ones dictating our laws.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Morpholino said:

The definition of fully automatic is only ambiguous if you don't know **** about guns. Unfortunately these people who don't know jack **** about weaponry are some of the ones dictating our laws.

Reading that specific rule, I'd argue it's only ambiguous if you don't know jack **** about the English language.
P.U.T.U
AG
You can't really compare people to Jerry, he just has a special talent. Either way no firearm regulations will slow crime, lets look at places like Chicago
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.