Outdoors
Sponsored by

Another zero turn thread

1,868 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GentrysMillTX10
GentrysMillTX10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in the market for a zero turn. Will probably buy Toro due to part availability and I've owned one before. Planning to buy new. Should I buy now if I can find one or will more units become available as we get close to spring with sales promotions? With the odd shortages and delays these days, I don't want to hold out too long but I also hate paying full price.

Also open to used purchases from trusted TexAgs folks of any brand - if you have a zero turn you are looking to upgrade.
ComeAndTakeIt
Would you consider a Scagg? They have a great discount for First Responders and Military. I bought a Liberty Z and saved about $800. If you need a mower and can find something you like buy it. Supply is low for all makes.
Know1
AG
I have a Bad Boy and have been pleased with it. Have heard nothing but good things about Scagg as well.
zooguy96
I have a Red Max (which is an upgraded Husqvarna) and it's worked well for me. 54" cut. $3800. Was too good a deal to pass up for me.
88agswin
AG
What size are you looking for? My cousin has a Scagg he is going to sell in excellent shape....
slammerag
AG
Ferris. Independent suspension. Rides like a Cadillac
CURDOG90
AG
+1 for Scagg
DargelSkout
AG
slammerag said:

Ferris. Independent suspension. Rides like a Cadillac

This! My dad has one and it's amazing.
GentrysMillTX10
AG
88agswin said:

What size are you looking for? My cousin has a Scagg he is going to sell in excellent shape....

PM sent
GentrysMillTX10
AG
Ferris and Scagg are the TexAgs preference, I get it.

So buy now when I find one or wait to see what deals I can get once inventory arrives for the mowing season? Will there be inventory this season?!
slammerag
AG
Not sure where you live but Dietz tractor in Seguin has inventory of both
EMY92
AG
GentrysMillTX10 said:

Ferris and Scagg are the TexAgs preference, I get it.

So buy now when I find one or wait to see what deals I can get once inventory arrives for the mowing season? Will there be inventory this season?!
I would buy when you find what you want. As mowing season approaches, demand will go up. Will there be enough inventory to meet the demand?

With all of the other supply chain issues, I would not expect mower inventory to be much better this year (no insight into the industry, but it seems like everything sucks now).
Marooned1994
Yeah, I wouldn't bank on spring sales intended to move a glut of inventory if there currently is no or limited inventory and supply issues aren't likely to create an excess of new models or additional inventory in the near future.
ftworthag02
AG
Landscape company owner for 17+yrs, Toro & Scag all day. I know many landscape companies in dfw and don't know anyone running Ferris mowers. I will ask my main supplier their thoughts on ferris.
jrbaggie
Scags
AgySkeet06
AG
I'm getting a Hustler when they come back in stock
MexiaAg86
AG
ExMark - not a better brand out there in my opinion.
BQRyno
AG
Just got this bad boy today after navigating all the options.

GentrysMillTX10
AG
Tractor supply has the cub cadet ZT1 54" marked $3399. Manager gave me 15% off the mower if I bought a service package. Walked out the door for $3615 - including service package and tax.

Never intended to buy a cub cadet. Toro's and bad boys weren't comfortable for me….and would have had to pay more for them anyway.

Sounds like mower inventory is trickling in at the moment but no one seems to know how long that will last. Maybe through the summer or maybe not. For the deal I received a tractor supply, I I decided to make the purchase today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.